The Downloads section is back and better than ever! If you spot something out of place, let us know.

Sega model 2 aimtrack gun reloading issues

mytymaus007

Sega model 2 aimtrack gun reloading issues. I belive when sega model 2 games open to full screen the crosshairs on the gun games still think the desktop is there. So when you go to reload it does not go off screen. I found this article with the application to fix the problem. Is there anything like this application that hyperspin can open it up at the same time it starts the game! i found this from google

I wrote a launcher program that launches the emulator in a child window of a full screen window. That way you can't "shoot" the desktop anymore and the program no longer loses focus.

You can download it at:

http://www.extrastrength.com/files/M2Launcher1.0.zip

I have released version 0.7 of my RamjetM2Borderless program which solves the loss of focus (minimizing) problem in V1.0 of the Model 2 Emulator.

App is available here (Click File>Download)

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B-P3wlCiYEm3RzhCZk1NcFR3blE

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
This works great thanks so much! Now can anyone get two guns working together at the same time with this emu?

People are saying this would be an easy fix if el semi would just release the damn source code to model 2, which I doubt will ever happen because Sega has him in their pocket now. The mouse inputs need to be changed from relative to absolute, (or vice versa can't remember). This is why 2 mice don't work right.

• 1 month later...

I am in the process of setting up my light guns and found this program after having the off screen reload problem but can't get it working through HS. Did you guys need to do anything special with it or change your Hyoer Lanuch script? If I load the emulator manually it all works fine and the off screen reload works. If I launch the same game from HS I get a cmd window pop up and then close and I can hear the game running in the background but can't see it. I have gone back to the desktop while I can hear the game running and the RamJet program is running in the taskbar and in task manager and the emulator is running but there is no way for me to get to the emulator as it isn't showing as a running program in the task bar and I can't alt tab to it either.

Any help would be great :)

I got it working straight away. I have not experienced the same issues as you unfortunately. If I remember correctly it has something to do with your resolution not matching.

One thing to point out - once you get your problem figured out: Make sure that you wait a few seconds to test firing off screen when the emu starts through Hyperspin. I've noticed if I try it right away the screen problems still happen. If I wait 10-15 seconds then it works perfectly.

Thanks for the help Tristeele. I matched the full screen resolution of the emulator to my windows desktop resolution and it worked fine.

Now I move onto the Model 3 light gun setup using SuperModel. Does anyone know if this has similar off screen reload problems? And if so is there a similar program for SuperModel to fix? I will have a look and post back here if I find anything out.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I wound up running into the same type of issue as Lid tonight and solved it so I thought I would share my knowledge.

If you don't have a basic monitor size like 1024x768 or something you will have to set a custom monitor size in the emulator.ini file. First you will need to set FullMode=4 and than set the FullScreenWidth= and the FullScreenHeight= to exactly the size of the monitor you want to display on. Once I did that everything worked perfectly.

• 1 year later...

Archived