Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

New PS2 emulator Emotionless

keltoigael

Finally someone is challenging PCSX2 and modeling it after the Dolphin architect. Awesome. Very excited for this.

https://github.com/MoochMcGee/Emotionless

Excited about this too. His statement has pretty much summed up PCSX2 currently. Over the last year every single GIT build has had nothing but piddly changes that do nothing to correct any of the long standing bugs with games.

Emotionless doesn't look serious.

I have a nearly perfect PS2 emulator - it's called Jailbroken PS3.

Yea I have a CECHA PS3, with the actual PS2 hardware built into the system. I have been considering Jailbreaking it and using that for my occasional PS2 craving and removing PS2 from my setup. The only thing stopping me is the hardware upscaling the emu provides which even isn't consistent across all games. Software mode is fugly.

I've not delved into PS2 emulation yet, but I'll be interested to see where this goes. It's a system that passed me by at the time.

Although I scored a slim PS2 for £30 from Tesco when they cleared out the last of their stock, I only have a handful of games and it has been gathering dust under my TV for a long time. I was lucky to find Ico and Shadow Of The Colossus going cheap second hand but haven't been able to properly devote time to playing them yet.

Archived