Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Auto start HyperSpin and hide windows + cab power button

Obizues

I'm trying to make my computer feel like I'm booting up an arcade. Is it possible to not show my bios, windows loading screen, etc- and also instantly load into hyperspin?

Also, how do I make a power button to automatically turn on my PC and then shut it down with a button press.

This is rather simple actually apart from the bios screen. Let's break your question down.

To hide the windows loading screen you could modify it to your own screen or just a black image. With a tool like http://www.askvg.com/change-windows-7-boot-screen-using-windows-7-boot-updater/ you should be just fine.

When windows is booted make sure you disable the login screen and let it login automatically. You can put a shortcut to your hyperspin.exe in your startup folder. This will launch hyperspin when windows is booted and logged in automatically.

Even better, this is how I do it. Go to power settings and configure your power button to go into hybernate mode. This will windows save its current state and resume from it when you power your computer on again. Even if its powersource is disconnected since it stores the state on the hard disk.

Now when your in hyperspin simply press the power button and it will go into hybernate. Press it again and within a few sexonds you find yourself back in hyperspin. This works best with an SSD since it will resume much faster.

Now to make it look like a real arcade get yourself a regular type of arcade button with a default switch on it. This is no more then a button that can have a closed or open circuit on the press of a key. Check the jumper on your motherboard, the one where the power button is hooked up to at the moment. You can either cut the wire and replace the PC power button with your own, or place a jumper connector on the key yourself and switch it with the one currently use by your PCs power button.

Sorry for my English and typing this on a smartphone :P hope it helps.

• 1 month later...

To hide the bios screen you could add a second graphics card (I did this years ago with a spare PCI card) and set your bios to display on the second card.

Of course this 2nd card isn't connected to your monitor.

The bios screen would be blank.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi guys. I want to enable the PC (Windows 7) to just start hyperspin as soon as Windows boots up. Not fussed about hiding Windows or Windows logos or anything.

I added the shortcut for hyperspin from the desktop to the startup folder and it worked... Sort of. Windows booted, went straight to hyperspin, but then nothing else worked. No controls worked, the usb keyboard I'd got plugged in while I'm configuring everything wouldn't work either. I couldn't exit hyperspin back to Windows or anything. I had to turn power off, the back on, then choose safe mode to get back on to Windows.

Anyone any experience with this? No idea why it does that?

Can anyone help?

Well I run a htpc type setup so I haven't tried any of this stuff but it sure sounds like hyperspin is not the very last thing being loaded. Therefore just does not have "focus". There is no other reason why the keyboard would not be responsive. If you have a mouse attached try clicking somewhere on the hyperspin screen after boot. Then see if the keyboard works after a second or two. If it does, you surely have a focus issue.

You can type "msconfig" in the run box to see all what is being loaded on startup. It will also give you the option to run a "selective startup" and temporarily disable some things to help pinpoint what program is interfering.

Sent from my B3-A20 using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...
To hide the bios screen you could add a second graphics card (I did this years ago with a spare PCI card) and set your bios to display on the second card.
Of course this 2nd card isn't connected to your monitor.
The bios screen would be blank.

Wait, you can do that? And it actually works? Oh I am so doing this. I assume any cheapo graphics card will work?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

My bios gives the option of showing what is doing or showing its splash screen.  Asus has a utility for changing the splash screen called "mylogo."  It will flash whatever you want into the bios.  I supposed you could use just black or something that is arcade related.   Maybe there is something similar for your mobo.  If anyone wants to see the Asus version its here http://www.asus.com/US/support/FAQ/1012430

• 6 months later...

OK I go to start, click on search bar type in msconfig, click on boot tab and then put a check in no GUI boot. click apply, That way there will be no windows animation splash screen. now to change the welcome screen, I use the tutorial on this video:

Might not be the same for all windows but worked perfectly for me. make sure your jpeg image is no larger then 240kb in size and is the exact resolution of your screen. You can use pixlr.com to help you edit any image size and type. when clicking save image lower the quality bar to shrink file size. save it and check if its the right size. Repeat process til you get it close enough to 240KB without going over.  then everything in this video should explain the rest.

Then I delete everything on my desktop. go to start type in search bar show or hide common icons on the desktop. click on it. then remove the check next to the recycling bin to hide that. then rightclick on my taskbar go to properties and put auto-hide taskbar. apply and then simply choose a nice wallpaper background like a hyperpsin logo. and voila.

The only thing I'm missing now is how to hide the bios screen. But I'll figure it out. but im gonna check what Karl264 said on the previous post.

btw you can set up hyperpsin to shut down pc on exit so, when you exit hyperspin it shuts off. so you just really need to make a on button with a arcade button and switch and wire it to your motherboard. with a pc-reset switch cable and some extra wires, phone wires work well. and there you go. although you will have to consult you motherboard manual to findout which 2 pins you need to put the switch on to power it on. its very easy if you use google. I just got mine to work. Good luck hope this helped someone. like in this video:

This is what I did to near enough completely hide windows without using any software or programs or anything. The only think you can see is a tiny windows logo for a split second when you shut down but only if you shut pc down properly, as I don't. I just cut the power, makes no difference as you'll see below... (win7 64)

my machine takes less than 10 seconds to boot straight to hyperspin with the solid state drive  I've also switched everything off I don't need...

Here goes...

1. Go into msconfig and check ✔️ "no gui boot".  This gets rid of Windows swirling logo thing when you first switch machine on. 

1. Turn off the control bar at the bottom by right clicking on it etc and changing settings

1. Then follow this to change the default windows background - https://youtu.be/oSVRQzhJrGE.   Change it for just a black image.   

1. Turn off windows sounds - i.e. The sound it makes as windows is loading. Do this -

In control panel, Click on Hardware and Sound. ... 

From the Sounds Settings window, uncheck Play Window Startup sound as shown in the screenshot below and click OK.

1. Change the desktop background for either your own arcade image or again just a black image (I created these in publisher)

1. This is a must!! Get rid of the annoying "windows did not shut down correctly" screen.  I did this so I can just switch my cab off without bothering to shut it down. As mentioned above. It doesn't hurt the pc and works great. Do the following-

Open the CMD prompt (Run as administrator by right clicking and selecting this option).

Navigate to the following DIR by typing CD C:\Windows\System32

Hit enter.

Type

bcdedit /set bootstatuspolicy ignoreshutdownfailures

Hit enter. 

This took a few attempts as you need to make sure you put the correct spaces between the words - there is a space after bcdedit, and after "set" and before "ignoreshutdownfailures" 

7.   I also put a copy of the hyperspin icon in the startup folder so as soon as pc has booted, hyperspin starts straight away.  I'm also using led blinky but didn't need to do it for that as hyperspin or rocketlauncher starts led blinky up.

8.  Tweak windows 7 and switch everything off!  This works great...

hope that helps someone

cheers guys

• 1 year later...

Hello, I have a bit of a different question: how to set up the HS by pressing, holding the button, so far I use 1 Pc but in 2 accounts 1 Machine 2 internet, etc. Is there any possibility of a script or something?
If I buy 2 PCs, I will try to start the machine like in a post ;)

Modern motherboards seems to not have "power on after power loss" option, i was told to use a capacitor 100uf 25v  on motherboard's power pins. When you give power to the the motherboard it should turn on the computer.

Windows 7 can be completely hidden, if you want windows 10 you need enterprise edition, it is the only version in which you can hide lockscreen.

To shell hyperspin the best solution is using group policies (home editions dont' have group policies)

Archived