Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

HyperSpin 1.4 Beta

BadBoyBill

This new version is 'too' fast lol.

But seriously, it's so fast it loads the background for the next main menu wheel before it plays my transition. It ruined my "channel changing" effect and I had to re-think my entire graphical setup lol

On the bright side, I'm no longer pulling my hair out because I wanted to have transitions ONLY on the main menu, and not the actual system wheels.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

I tested the beta 1.4 015 and joystick usb still continues lags hyperspin  =/

I am having this issue as well. My controller is really laggy, and sometimes makes the wheel just spin forever and becomes un responsive. If I use the keyboard while this is happening it stops the spinning and works fine. Also the keyboard always works fine. Something with the controllers I think.

Also the controllers work fine in emulation and when playing. This lag only happens in hyperspin.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

So, it appears that there is a problem with the AVGA5000 and the latest version of 1.4 Beta (15?).  I have seen others who've had the same issue and it doesn't happen with 1.33.  It appears that it has something to do with the hardware accelerated video player that is being used.  I note this, because it doesn't have a problem if I don't have the AVGA drivers loaded and someone else said they found a way to disable the hardware acceleration on the AVGA, but he didn't share how.

Has development died on this project, or just on hiatus? 

Pretty much dead. Bill came back and gave us the tip, pulled out and left us hangin.

Totally not true. Jeremy, this is your last warning to stop spewing lies and BS. If you don't know the truth, just keep your comments to yourself. I'll ban you forever in a heartbeat.

- J*

Truth is that no, BBB holds the code and does not want to give it out.  His choice at the end of the day as he is the maker, founder and owner of it.  

We MAY receive more updates but I would not count on it, at least not for the near future.  No plans, no promises and no aggro is the way BBB has been dealing with it.  Best to just deal with the fact HS is the way it is and unless something crazy happens.

Happy Gaming all!

BTW, kind over overkill on the bannhammer threats?  I know Jeremy aint the most subtle of people with his comments but he was kind of right with his answer/opinion to the person who asked.

Archived