Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

HyperSpin 1.4 Beta

BadBoyBill

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome! I will be surely checking this out! 

I thought development on hyperspin itself was dead. I already begun looking at other frontends which offered features missing in hyperspin. This news couldn't have come at a better time! 1.4 and 2.0 coming, awesome :D! Thanks guys!

Amazing, had a quick spin through a few wheels, and it does seem fast and smooth. I have a few days off now (great timing), so will get to have a more in depth play around with it. Thanks for all your hard work and continued commitment to HS. 

How does this relative path work?  I have been trying but so far cant get it to work.

"Added - Launcher path can now be a relative path for portability."

my folder for example is:

M:\RocketLauncher\RocketLauncher.exe

Great news :) Can I ask a thing? Is horizontal wheel bug being fixed or can it be fixed? When fast scrolling an horizontal wheel it fast scrolls on the opposite direction :P

Is the png smooth the same used in swf? In other words, is it the "smooth flag" you can enable while importing pngs into flash? I did some automatized scripts to convert pngs into swf and they are pretty fast but avoiding one step in theme making is always useful :P

Oanother thing... would be possible to show more than 5 elements in horizontal wheel? 5 elements is perfect on 4:3 but on 16:9 more elements would be needed.

Finally, a request for HS 2.0. Would be possible to include a feature to show scraped infos and from a database? Just in this fashion

15h0cqs.png

Infos are actually artwork layers, it would be good to avoid the process to create them. It's done with a variables batch in photoshop but creating those .csv is a real pain -.-

Thank you very much :)

you could use retrofe for this type of look.

Well it says you have to have the full path, so looks like you are stuck with the full path. Why do you care if it is relative? Are you constantly moving around your rocketlaunch folder?

he says one of the new features is relative paths for portability.. for example a usb drive.

Excellent news, thanks! Any luck fixing the joystick / trackball / spinner controls?

What are you referring to exactly? If I remember correctly, the only problem with the trackball/spinner combo was that if you were using a GUI version of mame (like mame32 or mameuifx) was you were not able to check BOTH spinner and trackball, it had to be one or the other, but both still work inside HS/HL correctly, your just not able to adjust the sensitivity. I could be wrong, but I thought by using a command line version of mame you could check both spinner and trackball, which I assume means you could then adjust sensitivity with both. As far as the joysticks, what is the issue with those?

There was definitely something wrong with the joysticks in HS.  I was having some issues myself.  The current HS 1.4 build 009 Test build made a bunch of changes to joysticks, so far my sticks are working great now.  But until everyone tests I won't know if I need to change anything else.

I have HS_1.4_Beta_010 however the joystick analog will not function.  I have tested on my Ultimarc Ultra Stik 360's and my xbox wireless 360 controller.  As stated by others (though I can't even find the thread where I got the .zip; I'm just not able to navigate the new site well) the D-pad works.  All that being said... THANK YOU BBB!!!

Archived