Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Working games XML lists

Styphelus

Does anyone have xml lists or any lists for that matter with only working games?

A lot of the games in the official XML lists do not work. I've setup N64, Jaguar and Dreamcast so far with alternate emulators and tried to get as many working games as I could (working properly that is - games without weird texture issues or sound issues)

Just wondering if anyone had gone through the other systems. I know a lot of the Atari games have problems.

There's nothing worse than trying to show off my hyprspin to other people and every game they select doesn't work.

What I do is create a separate folder in the images folder and move all the wheels for games that won't work into it and then set HyperHQ to filter by wheels only. That way I don't touch the xml and still retain the wheel art and roms but hyperspin will only display games with available wheels. When a new version of the emulator comes out I can test if any of those games are working or not.

Sure, but I would still rather have my setup with only games that work than have hundreds of games that do not in the event that someone can claim that one game doesn't work but someone else was able to make it work with a different emulator that requires some weird special settings.

We should start with a solid base of only working games and go from there. 

I've started mine with Retroarch. Once I get all my working gamest, than I try the non working games on an alternate emulator. I will only use 2 emulators. If there's a need for a 3rd one than too bad. Maybe at some later time. Not even sure if that's possible. Anyone know?

Anyway, you guys do whatever you want. I'll keep working on my setup.

Hi Styph. Not to offend you and mostly I dont bother to give my perspective but my father (RIP) told me once he collected stamps not for the sake to use them...

Maybe I got my slight OCD from here, but Im happy most FE's use genres, favorites, etc. Which can be used for playable sections.

I do myself have multiple setups and databases for different purposes.

Just my 2 cents nothing more or to start a messy drama.

I think this is a great idea, though I also understand why the official lists are the way they are. Emulation can change so quickly, it'd be hard for dat makers to keep up I imagine.

What I would love to see is lists of systems with a recommended emulator and the general settings you would use. Then, a list of problematic games with each setup and the best work around. People could help by adding different solutions for each game, then compare and figure out which one is best. You could have a status system similar to mame. Works Perfectly, Works with Flaws, Doesn't Work or something to that tune.

This would also be great for noobs who aren't sure which emulators to use per system and what settings to use. You could go more in depth with things like scanlines and whatnot as well (though not everyone will agree, you could at least provide a starting point).

Just start a google sheet or something similar for each system. Have people spit out lists of tested + working and update the top post with all the links once a week or something. I'd be happy to help test games!

Sure, but I would still rather have my setup with only games that work than have hundreds of games that do not in the event that someone can claim that one game doesn't work but someone else was able to make it work with a different emulator that requires some weird special settings.

We should start with a solid base of only working games and go from there. 

I've started mine with Retroarch. Once I get all my working gamest, than I try the non working games on an alternate emulator. I will only use 2 emulators. If there's a need for a 3rd one than too bad. Maybe at some later time. Not even sure if that's possible. Anyone know?

Anyway, you guys do whatever you want. I'll keep working on my setup.

What makes this difficult is many emulators are updated on a daily basis. It would be near impossible to track games that are working and not because a simple emulator update can fix many games.

Personally, if I did not find HS, I would probably just run maybe 50-100 games from the systems from the 80-90-2XXX because realistically that's all I really enjoyed when I grew up.

When I watch people's setups of say RCB on youtube, alot of people will have NES set up and just have like The Mario Games, Contra, TMNT games, Zelda and just a few others and that's it. Not no 900 games, and most emulators when being developed target being able to play the most well known titles for that system so most of the time they will def. be working.

Archived