Welcome Guest!

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

manicshere

Worklog: Custom Vewlix - My first build

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Rafael1987

hi guys i live in Brazil , this very hard to find vewlix arcade projects , I want a project with plan for cnc in corel draw .dxf into vectors , can someone please help me...
    • By ggood82
      Hi All 

I have been lurking on these forums for a few months trying to get my head around Hyperspin with varying degrees of success and then more failure however i have put that on the back burner for a while whilst i build my 32 inch vewlix clone provided from Troy at Arcadeworx ( Perth , Australia).

Just a quick background with regards to the machine build is as follows .

I was searching the internet for plans to build a cabinet to house a PC running  Hyperspin and an Xbox 360 running RGH so i can copy all my current games onto it .

Whilst i was doing this i found Arcadeworx and after some searching of their designs i decided to buy it and get the ball rolling .

The price for the cabinet was approx $600 Australian dollars plus $ 100 delivery to Sydney which i had no issue with .

I should have stopped there however i spent another 20 minutes looking through the internet and found a Vewlix machine machine ( 32 inch 2 player ) about 2 hours from me that a guy wanted $700 for , The Machine has a 600 in one jamma board installed which is nice but misses out on all the Mortal kombat games which is extremely dissapointing 

A decision was made that i should buy it and suffer my Wife's drama after , she was actually pretty happy with it once i got it home and even played street fighter 2 for an hour hahaha.

In an ideal world i will build the MDF clone and sell the Vewlix at the end to recoup some costs however my 9 yr old does enjoy playing so i may keep both .

I have put together the arcade cabinet now which took about an hour and i will keep you all updated on the build as it progresses .

thanks all 

• By son01420309
      hi guys 

iam korea gamer 

my hyperspin cabinnet by vewlix 

https://youtu.be/JzsEpaG1BgA

see you
    • By tonberryhunter
      Well I have been reluctant to share my work on here since I find forums to be hyper critical but I figure its about time I show this thing off. I started this project last Feb. and am nearing completion. I wanted to build something unique but still very Japanese and also practical. It comes apart into two pieces at the base of the screen. I designed the thing in Adobe Illustrator working to scale. I'm still debating on what color to paint it. I really like the way it looks with white primer but a semi gloss epoxy paint coating would be nice as well. Let me know what you guys think. The latest thing I worked out was the backlit custom marquee at the top. Making the sticker mask and painting that was way more work than I wanted it to be.

• By SORHP
      Here is the beginning of the construction of my other cab, this is the second of 2 custom vewlix cabs based off of the Kraylix and Donnovan Myers Vewlix cabs
      Kray is building the Control Panels for both cabs and should be done in about 3 weeks...
      http://www.kraylixarcade.com/
      http://www.donovanmyers.com/
      here is the link to the vert slim 1 player build
      http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13030