Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Lets talk about displays

Dr. Willy

IMO, I Think Samsung Has The Leading Edge Right Now On Displays Not Only For Its LED TVs But Monitors As Well, However I Purchased A True 24 Inch HP LCD Screen For My Gaming PC And Have Been Happy So Far, Till The next Purchase Of 3 Slim Bezel Samsungs At 27 Inches And LED For Surround Gaming, However For My Hysperspin Cabinet I Had To Go With A 27 Inch CRT, Jus For The Arcade Flavor Of A More Authentic Look When Playing, Jus Me, But For Gaming Any Monitor With At Least 120Hz Is What Is Best, However I'm Partial To Samsung.

I went with the Samsung, because of the form factor, the awesome display and it remembers power state. ie: It turns on when given power. This means you don't have to wire a separate switch or use a remote to turn it on.

You might be able to find other screens that work perfectly fine. There was no guess work with this one. I knew it would work just fine, because it had been confirmed by multiple people.

The Vizio's are used by quite a few as well. I can't say how their picture quality is in comparison to the Samsungs, but they are known for having pretty good pictures for the price.

Some of the LED vizios picture are better than samsung, and a hell of a lot cheaper. I know my 55 inch 3d led which cost me $900 SMOKES my buddies $2k sammy. My blacks are much truer than his. And, mines 3D.

Samsungs pictures are not the best around, but the main reason they are used is that once you de-case them which involves removing a thin plastic bezel there is only a 10mm surround. so a 40" fits into a standard body cab without routing the sides

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II.

• 1 month later...

Never heard of the brand, so it must be a European brand. It depends what you are going for. The issues with plasma's is they get very very hot and you can have issues getting the head out of the cab, you also have to set the tv lower down in the cab if you plan on putting table glass on top, other wise the glass will get so hot you could cook an egg one it. There is a discussion going on about plasmas on one of the other pinball forums, not sure if we are allowed to post links here?

Archived