Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Whats the deal

ArcadeGirl

Hiya

as a new member who has asked a few questions and very much appreciated all the help, I am so lost.   Looking through the forums where is the guy who made hyperspin???????????    Does he come around and then disappear for years????  Why is it such a big no no to ask about him????  I noticed when ever someone asks about him they get mean responses from moderators of the site.

The reason I ask, I was going to pay for the platinum but am scared, scared if I ask the wrong thing I will be kicked off the site, or outcasted and then I wasted my money. I also noticed a file called beta 015, but it hasn't been updated since I joined. When I beta tested other programs there is usually a swarm of updates.   Is it because I am not a platinum member and it's past 015.  Should I know these answers?

I am half way through setting up hyperspin, but most of the work is really with RocketLauncher, so if this is a go no where thing I heard of something called retrofe.  I heard retrofe is very actively worked on and may be a better long term solution.

Any advice?

E

The deal is your life or leave. No seriously, your life, all of it, now. Now I just need to find out where I put the soul dealership papers. If you've seen them let me know.

In all seriousness, this hobby is a major time investment.

You certainly won't get kicked off for saying jerk-like things (just ask the mod with the name that has three letters and starts with a T and ends with a HK). You just need to follow some simple guidelines.

• Show respect
  • Don't ask for roms (unless in platinum section)
  • Don't post links for roms (unless in platinum section)
  • Don't post downloads for roms.
  • Don't spam advertisements. Advertising for your product when it is related to the forum and thread topic is acceptable.
  • Don't steal another person's thread with a different topic
  • Don't spam the forums and start new threads with the same issue
  • Don't sell HyperSpin without the author's permission

HyperSpin typically gets one small update a year. Hyperspin is always in beta mode and it updates slowly with small changes. It is closed source. It's only known author is BadBoyBill. Many people have complained many times about BBB's lack of availability and activity, and the moderators are tired of this.

The only real reason to go platinum is to get the artwork, themes, and access to the ftp. Most if not all of the artwork and themes are available in the download section, but platinum members have access to hyperbase and hypersync which lets you mass download the files according to your game list. It's not really worth it to go platinum for the beta testing. Only get the beta if you use the horizontal or pin wheel, or want to develop or use something for the HScripts function (nothing uses this yet).

My recommendation for you is to finish setting up rocketlauncher (this is the most time consuming part) and then try different frontends like retro-fe along with hyperspin to see which you like better. With RocketLauncher you can use as many different frontends as you want and all your games will play the same.

Hiya

I used another site for roms.   I am ADD and wanted 100% complete sets.  I am great with my cart systems, but since I can't get the cd systems to work I have not downloaded them yet.

thanks bunches

E

Hiya

I used another site for roms. I am ADD and wanted 100% complete sets. I am great with my cart systems, but since I can't get the cd systems to work I have not downloaded them yet.

thanks bunches

E

Wait till you can...and when you can we (read this as mostly gigapig) are here to help!

Ps no rom links. ;)

Hiya

I used another site for roms.   I am ADD and wanted 100% complete sets.  I am great with my cart systems, but since I can't get the cd systems to work I have not downloaded them yet.

thanks bunches

E

make sure you download the correct sets when you do start getting CD sets

by correct I mean

Depending on the Emulator you decide to use;

certain formats can be used and they eliminate the need for you to use a virtual drive.  (aka faster loading)

case and point

Panasonic 3Do

Retroarch: needs  ISO format

FourDO:  cant load ISO format directly you will need to use the virtual drive

Bin  (or the Hyperspin ready set)  files  can load directly,  their is no need for the virtual drive.

But since you guys asked ;)

the systems I can't get to work

System                                         Emulator

1. Atari 5200                                 Mess or RetroArch

2. Amiga CD32

3. Daphne                                      Daphne

4. TG-16 CD                                  RetroArch

5. 3DO                                           RetroArch

6. PopCap

7. Sega CD                                    RetroArch

6. Sega Saturn                               RetroArch

7. PlayStation

8. Playstation 2

8 out of the 32 systems I am working with, so not to shabby for a first timmer :)

E

Hyper spin works and is the best looking front end there is. Yes it can be a challenge to get working but the support here is incredible.

Yes it will always be in beta and will never be finished but that has been a good thing as everyone started creating so many add ons and special software utilities for it..

Isn't BBB back? He posted that he is and is posting again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived