Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

How are Windows 10 and your Hyperspin setup getting along?

cougar1122

I'm thinking about upgrading to Windows 10. I have Windows 7 pro on a new Dell with i7 Processor. Just wondering if anyone has upgraded to Windows 10 yet and if it's been a positive experience or if there's been any snags in your Hyperspin setup after upgrading.

• 3 months later...

Not working for me. I just upgraded my basement's media center PC to Windows 10 2 weeks ago. Decided to check out hyperspin today (rather my son did). And to his dismay, the games don't load. I tried putting Hyperspin.exe HyperHQ.exe and even MAME.EXE all in Windows 7 compatability mode and nothing loads. I ran the MAME.EXE on it's own and was able to load a game, so the problem is somewhere else in my setup. It had always worked fine before the upgrade, so I'm guessing that is what is causing the issue, just have to narrow it down to what needs to be fixed/changed to make it work again.

I found that the latest Insiders Build of Win10 is much better than anything previous as Window positions now save correctly and you can save apps to any hard drive as well 2 of my biggest gripes but so far no issues with HyperSpin or RocketLauncher. Still need to do more testing with more systems and see how it goes.

I have discovered an issue with Pinnacle Game Profiler and Winrar when trying to double click on any zip from the desktop however to fix that you need to run PGP as Admin and that solved that issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have updated to Win10 a few weeks ago already and everything is absolutely the same as with Win8.1.

What was working before is still working and what was not...you see the point (the non working being only a handful of Taito Type X games).

I've had windows 10 since the update release, I've had no problems running anything with HS, the only issue I have is in HQ when selecting a path for ROMS and VIDEOS the window to select the folder gets buggie and shuts down HQ if I'm fast enough I can select the folder and be done with it but it takes a few tries, other than that everything in HS/RL/HQ works fine for me.

I've had windows 10 since the update release, I've had no problems running anything with HS, the only issue I have is in HQ when selecting a path for ROMS and VIDEOS the window to select the folder gets buggie and shuts down HQ if I'm fast enough I can select the folder and be done with it but it takes a few tries, other than that everything in HS/RL/HQ works fine for me.

You can just edit the settings files for the individual systems if HQ bugs out. Might be easier just for this.

I've had only ONE issue with my setup on windows 10...

The SPTD driver for Daemon Tools just will NOT install, no matter what I have tried. (And no I will NOT use VirtualCloneDrive... my god that program sucks)

Other than that Windows 10 has run flawlessly for me. (Once I managed to turn off ****ing Cortana completely)

It runs better and faster than Windows 7 did for me before.

The only downside is the HyperHQ glitch mentioned earlier, and the fact that there doesn't seem to be a full sheller program for Win 10 yet.

The HHQ glitch has actually gone away for me... not sure if something got patched, or if I'm doing something different. ::shrug::

With DT use latest DTLite10 but use DTAgent.exe not DTLite.exe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wait... for reals? And this will stop pestering me for a useless SPTD driver?

(That I obviously don't need, because I can mount a Sega Saturn imagine and play it manually via SSF lol)

Archived