Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Hyperspin + GLSL

Ballardian

Hi Everyone

I've been trying to get Hyperspin to work with the GLSL shaders in mameuifx 0.163 for a while now with no success.

It runs perfectly when I run mameuifx outside of Hyperspin, but from inside the frontend it seems like Hyperspin is ignoring the settings and plays the games without any scanlines etc.

Anyone got any ideas what might be the problem?

Thanks

• 1 month later...

The game is Last Resort, but now I see that for me it's not even HLSL specific, I still have a truncated right edge with HLSL completely off.

I have the same problem in Metal Slug 1 too, but not all the neo geo games ... perhaps I have a bad bios ... But the roms should be OK, I passed them through clrmamepro.

post-38746-0-20627700-1443484584_thumb.jpg

Change it to Lottes for vertical games and see if that's better. I had a simliar problem that I couldn't solve, even though I think Geom is the better shader.

Lottes works very slow with my GT 730 VGA card (core 2 duo 2.4Gh CPU...), maybe my CRT-geom.vsh was modified by someone on the internet, don't know, will try to find a better one.

Can't register on http://mame32fx.altervista.org/ somehow , still waiting for the administrator approval

The 0.165 version has some changes to the gui. More importantly for some of you is the addition of some shaders which are labelled HQ, MQ & LQ, so if your system is struggling you could try the medium or low quality shader.

I got really wasted last night, and this post intrigued me so I installed the current version of MAMEUIFX into a new directory and copied the missing Geom vert shader into my 0.160 build and it worked. I have another computer I'm updating everything to, but this might help people who have a GLSL capable build, but don't want to update yet. I haven't tried the lower quality shaders, but I'll edit this post if they work too!

EDIT: Medium quality worked no problem

• 4 months later...

Love the post above ^... Too many similar situations.. 

Anyway got my cabinet completed this past week and finally got around to messing with some shaders.  After numerous tests with both HLSL and GLSL i decided GLSL is for me.  Thanks to this post I was able to figure out how to integrate it into HS/Rocketlauncher.  

I am a bit confused though as to why all these posts say GLSL requires such a  beefy graphics card and can kill performance.  I haven't experienced any issues with it enabled and my specs are somewhat modest..

Rig;

CPU: Core i5 2500 (3.2 Ghz)

GPU: GTX 460 (1GB Version)

4GB system RAM

Love the post above ^... Too many similar situations.. 

Anyway got my cabinet completed this past week and finally got around to messing with some shaders.  After numerous tests with both HLSL and GLSL i decided GLSL is for me.  Thanks to this post I was able to figure out how to integrate it into HS/Rocketlauncher.  

I am a bit confused though as to why all these posts say GLSL requires such a  beefy graphics card and can kill performance.  I haven't experienced any issues with it enabled and my specs are somewhat modest..

Rig;

CPU: Core i5 2500 (3.2 Ghz)

GPU: GTX 460 (1GB Version)

4GB system RAM

Normally most would say GLSL is much easier to run and it's HLSL that can give your PC a hit.

Archived