Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish there was a button that copied all old versions before replacing them....so we could revert if things like this happen. I'm not sure what files to replace...

When I did it I went through each folder and filtered by date/time and just replaced everything that showed it had been changed on the date I updated.

So I updated on the 20th or last month, so everything dated 4/20 I replaced with the prior version until nothing was newer than 4/19

The module, isd, ini and database are named normally with a space. Pinball Arcade.

I now have only 3 files in the modules directory, all have spaces. Pinball Arcade.ahk, Pinball Arcade.ini, and Pinball Arcade.isd. Here's the CRC error -

7NsMhnY.png

Launching it in HyperSpin says cannot find Pinball Arcade.ini

I now have only 3 files in the modules directory, all have spaces. Pinball Arcade.ahk, Pinball Arcade.ini, and Pinball Arcade.isd. Here's the CRC error -

7NsMhnY.png

Launching it in HyperSpin says cannot find Pinball Arcade.ini

This is using the module & isd from the first post in this topic?

I decided to double check for you so I deleted my current module and isd.

Then I re-made them using the links in the first post here.

It all works perfectly, fired up in both RL and HS first try, navigated as it should etc... So the module and isd are good.

The problem may simply be that the module isn't compatible with the newest RL update. You may have to use the module that downloads with the update instead. Problem with that is that that module doesn't seem to navigate the tables properly.

Or maybe you just need to delete one of the modules you have that has an identical CRC? Not sure as I've never had anyone have that problem before.

if you want it to work on RL 1.1.0.6 then look for v1.43.8 of Pinball Arcade

latest version of Pinball Arcade not working on this version of RL (I tried for hours)

v1.43.8 works perfectly and also loads tables.

Just look for module that goes with 1.43.8

if you want it to work on RL 1.1.0.6 then look for v1.43.8 of Pinball Arcade

latest version of Pinball Arcade not working on this version of RL (I tried for hours)

v1.43.8 works perfectly and also loads tables.

Just look for module that goes with 1.43.8

That's really weird that that one works for you and the latest doesn't.

I just went back and checked my changes for every version since my 1.43.8 module and the only difference logged is adding the new tables each time.

Other than that the modules should be identical.

Sent from my SM-G935V

Wait. Earlier I thought you meant RL was throwing an error screen saying "crc error" when you tried to launch a table. The normal black screen with error dialogue box.

Is that right? Or are you just talking about how it says "Invalid CRC" on the module info screen... because like I said earlier that's normal. All 6 of my TPA modules say that.

If it's saying can't find Pinball Arcade.ini maybe it's borked. You should be able to delete it and just re-do your module settings to create a new one. That should fix that.

Here's the module. This is a copy of the one in the tutorial post.

Pinball Arcade.ahk

You can't attach isd files, so here it is as a TXT file, just change the extension from .txt to .isd and it should work fine. This is also exactly the same as the one in the tutorial link.

Pinball Arcade.txt

Or are you just talking about how it says "Invalid CRC" on the module info screen... because like I said earlier that's normal. All 6 of my TPA modules say that.

If it's saying can't find Pinball Arcade.ini maybe it's borked. You should be able to delete it and just re-do your module settings to create a new one. That should fix that.

Yeah I thought the CRC error was causing some sort of issue rather than it just be a warning.

I'm still getting the ini error even after deleting and recreating it.

If it matters -

[settings]
Pinball_Version=DX11
All_Tables=false
My_Tables=Tales of the Arabian Nights (Williams)
Start_Game=false

Strange. It says can't find ini? 

So you deleted it completely so there was no .ini in your modules/pinball arcade folder, then went into the RL module settings and re-set your settings, which made RocketLauncher auto-create a new one for you, but it still can't find it?

That's really weird since RocketLauncher creates it and names it itself.

You only have the Arabian Nights table, that must mean that you are trying to set this up with just the demo version/free table right?

I also noticed that your settings are in a bit different order than mine... not that I necessarily think that matters.

Here's mine.

[settings]
Fullscreen=true
Start_Game=false
Pinball_Version=DX11
All_Tables=true

Correct on all 3 questions.

I'm pretty sure the order written to the ini is just the order that you change them in RLUI

Is there any way to see what specific path it's looking for when that error happens?

HquAaei.png

S:\HyperSpin\RocketLauncher\Modules\Pinball Arcade>dir
 Volume in drive S is HyperSpin

Directory of S:\HyperSpin\RocketLauncher\Modules\Pinball Arcade

05/25/2016  02:14 PM    <DIR>          .
05/25/2016  02:14 PM    <DIR>          ..
05/25/2016  02:06 PM               120 Pinball Arcade - Copy.ini
05/25/2016  01:31 PM            12,447 Pinball Arcade.ahk
05/25/2016  02:15 PM               120 Pinball Arcade.ini
05/25/2016  01:31 PM             4,298 Pinball Arcade.isd
               4 File(s)         16,985 bytes

Crazy...

Sure, just set your RLUI logging to troubleshoot, then search through the huge logfile for arcade.ini to see what in the world it's doing. Maybe it will show the path it's checking.

Since RL created, named and placed the ini itself yet can't find it, it seems like it must be some weirdness/glitch caused by the new version of RL.

There were other systems that had similar issues of RL looking in the wrong spot for stuff. There's a post on the front page right now with SNES not seeing a file even though it's there.

I don't know man... Sucks.

If I'm not mistaken, that's an HS error not an RL error. So HyperSpin can't find the HyperSpin/Settings/Pinball Arcade.ini to populate the wheel and whatnot.

Ah, like it isn't setup in HyperHQ yet then. I should have noticed it wasn't the RL dialogue error box in that pic.

That should be an easy fix.

What should I do? Just copy the ini to HyperSpin/Settings/Pinball Arcade.ini?

Sorry for moving slow about this, I treat stuff like this like a crime scene, not touching a thing. ;) I did notice there's no Pinball Arcade.ini in HyperSpin/Settings

If it is an MP4 and you have it in the right folder (and named/capitalized right) it should work. Even if the video is bad you should have something show in the video frame.

Make sure you have it in hyperspin/media/main menu/video and not in hyperspin/media/pinball arcade/video

Sent from my SM-G935V

UPDATED:

Module and Database updated to the latest TPA release 1.50.6. New table is TX-Sector by Gottlieb and marks the end of season 5.

Next season will probably have the new UI so may be the final table and season to work with this module.

Links and instructions in the first post updated. New module and xml tested and working perfectly (on the previous version of RocketLauncher at least). If you're using the newest updated RL expect to have issues.

Archived