Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Cocktail build

ArcadeGirl

Hiya!!!!

We are about to start our journey into the cocktail cabinet world!     Thanks to a few amazing members here things are going amazingly well.

To start off I would like to thank a few people

1. SimplyAustin:  Your videos are just amazing, and I am sure helping to many new members out.  Since you don't hear it enough, THANK YOU!

2. 32 Assassin:   He has been helping me out behind the scenes so much it is like I am having an affair.   He really has been great with the setup so far.

3. Jeepguy81 / SORHP: They have made the most amazing theme pack for a cocktail arcade.   It is simply breathtaking how much effort they put into the packs.  

4: I am sorry if I missed anyone, this is just a small list of the many many members and contributors on this site.  Thank you all (well most of you)

Computer:

Windows 7 64 Bit

Intel Core I7-4770K  3.50 Ghz

8 GB Ram

AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series

1 120GB SSD  - OS Only

1 3TB 7200 Sata Hard Drive - Hyperspin and games

23' HD LCD View Sonic

Lepy LP Amp

Boss Audio 6.5 250 Watt Speakers

Hyperspin 1.4

I don't think there is a section for cocktail table stuff. Not sure if there needs to be but if it's unique enough maybe it's worth adding the stuff to the download page like the special art?

Don't forget pics!

Tapatalk signature

I dont own one yet, but I think a cocktail download section is a great idea.  

Looking to make one myself so yeah a cocktail section would be awesome!!! Arcade Girl make sure we get some pics along the way!!! With a 3TB harddrive are you cutting back on some of the games so it only shows the playable games that will work in cocktail style. I know some of the games still use the one player controls as the second player so you can make both sides wired as player one but then that limits you as far as what games you can play!!!!  I have no idea ive never built one but any tips ill certainly use!!!

couple updates.

Hyperspin is 100% configured.  

next is going through MAME and correcting orientation on the games.   Most are already done, and some need some minor tweaking.

Decided to go with a ASUS monitor for now.  

AMP and speakers are hooked up to the computer, and WOW is all's I can say.  They aren't mounted and the bass is so amazing.   It adds to the build, so if anyone who decides to build an arcade and is thinking of skipping speakers and amp, DON'T.

Wireless adapter is working perfect.

Logitech K520 keyboard and mouse are controlling everything now and into the foreseeable future.

Hubby is pretty happy, but I asked him to be as "hands off as possible"

I ordered a power switch for the arcade.  The plan is to buy a power supply with a "master" outlet that controls sub outlets.  When the power switch is pushed, everything boots up.  

Possible upgrades and maybe suggestions.   LED lights?  I wanted to put LED lights on the cocktail arcade to just add a touch of awesomeness to it.

Next is to actually order the cabinet.  I am on the fence to either get the one with the prebuilt controls or the one that doesn't come with them.

Pretty exciting stuff here.

couple updates.

Hyperspin is 100% configured.  

next is going through MAME and correcting orientation on the games.   Most are already done, and some need some minor tweaking.

How about a rotating screen, lol, so instead of the orientation changing the screen turns so the game fills the screen.

That's what I wanted, maybe one day :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

MORE COMING VERY SOON!!!

There have been changes along the way, the PC will be a little weaker, has we have decided to cannibalize two computers to create one!!  Once everything worked the top part will be updated.  BUT pics will be coming very soon.  Actually I have lots of pics but every time I try to upload them, the site says they are to big :(  But I will probably use imgur or something like that.

E

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived