Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

FTP Sync In Process ETA: 12pm PST

Circo

I find the problem to be that they didn't go all the way with the hyperspin directory structure.  They did the system names which is fine, but then they have these folders like "final" and "pending", or something like that.  Instead of having the user's name at the end of the directory.  Get rid of the final stuff, and just let people make their username folders again at the end of say, Nintendo Entertainment System/Media/Wheels/damageinc86

That way you know that I have my own wheels folder in there, and it leaves it open to all the cool custom stuff that we had on the old ftp.  Just way more organized.

Just to make sure I'm clear. Is this saying that the tons of new/updated themes are finally updated and auto-downloading with Hypersync?

Or is it just saying we still need to root around in the FTP to find stuff, but they re-arranged it?

And what do you mean when you say Hyperbase? Is that just another term for Hypersync

Wow I didn't even see this lol. Why in the world is this folder called "_presort"? Why isn't this in the root section of FTP and just named "User Uploads"? Talk about buried away.

What is there to sort though? It's a user upload section with no quality control. The only thing that needed doing was revoking access so random people couldn't delete things from other's folders. Maybe also deleting empty folders or removing the junk, shouldn't take more than 20 minutes.

Agree 100%. The FTP was a great way to share and coordinated with others to get full artwork sets done.Contributions seemed to have slowed since the cleaning of the FTP and quite a few projects have gone missing since then too.

Agree 100%. The FTP was a great way to share and coordinated with others to get full artwork sets done.Contributions seemed to have slowed since the cleaning of the FTP and quite a few projects have gone missing since then too.

Yeah. The download section here is a pain to deal with or even find anything in. I've made many new themes, but I quit bothering to even share them here because the upload process is a pain.

Yeah cam across the _Presort thing the other week but I dont think upload is working still?

The download thing would be good... if people would manage it.  Same as HyperSync... it could be good, if it was updated.  I know peeps are busy with RL, but a month without updates on things like that really puts you out the loop and gives you a mountain to climb to get back on track.  I know people aint paid for this and people have RL to contend with so I dont even have an answer for that.

Systems are updated Daily... almost by the hour.  The upload section is clunky and tbh a bit of a mess with things there waiting to be organized.  If your lucky you manage to find it on HyperSearch.  But that bring sup too much crap all too often.

The HyperVault thing I was trying to get into action finally came to fruition.  But that too now seems to be slowly going away from the normal user and hidden away.  I also hear of thing being taken out of it and people refusing to share on it.  That kind of goes against everything it was set up for?  If things aint made public or wanted to be shared then we have to start from scratch for that system?  It seems very far away from the big ideas that everyone could have access to everything to make life easier to make new art, share art and work on it again as a community.

Hehehe, daily moan done with ;)  But on a lighter note, I just had some lovely Co-co pops.... I aint had Co-Co pops in years!  I do love how they turn the milk chocolaty and each mouthful was more of a pleasure than the last.... Mmmmmm, I have waited too long to revisit the cheeky monkey taste :D

Yes the FTP is still locked as read only.

About HyperVault, I'm really not sure what you mean, to my knowledge no one has been kicked out from there yet. Everything that is made is posted in the wip threads, so that way it is open to all. And once a set is completed it is added to the download section immediately. This is by far the best system yet. There is tons of artwork added and a hell of a lot being worked on every day. I have been able to get the wheel projects missing lists down by a whole lot just by looking from other systems, that couldn't have been done without the vault. In my opinion it works great, and exactly as intended. If someone want's to work on a system and get access to the artwork and collaboration folders all they have to do is contact me and they will be added as soon as I log on (which is almost all the time except when I'm sleeping lol).

I'm not sure how you would like it to work?

Everyone I have asked to upload stuff has done so and more systems/projects are added all the time...we are up to over 16GB of artwork in there already. I know there is more people that could work on stuff though...at the moment there is about 30 members with access to hypervault. But it seems it's about the same amount of people that actually do anything art related around here anyway.

Jeeeez I always come across as the glum bum hehehe.  I am not having a go at all mate, and I see how hard you are working and I love it!

But what you are saying and what is happening is 2 dif things.  Lets say for example Sega SG 1000... now we tried to update this system over a month ago.  Only to find that this system has been completed for around 6 months, at that point there was 8 systems complete and not released.  Now do we wait for the further 6 months until its released or should we start from scratch?  Many of this stuff which is said, isnt done immediately... although I could be wrong here and I really am sorry if I am. :(

This was not started to be a club for those who contribute, I thought this was started to involve more of the community, help those who want to make themes, wheels, art, share with ease and see what is done/not done.

Again though mate... this is prob coming across as a real moan as I cant put my "feelings" into my typing hehehe.  I am just discussing not moaning.

I too do not like how some artwork gets hoarded away but much of that is up to the creators and I also understand why they do it. People we've had like Cyrano and Juniorunderground put hours into making nice box sets only to get banned by petty admin bullcrap and disrespected, now look as no new box sets are getting done. Then there are those like manicshare who got tired of all the leechers here and frankly I sometimes do as well, despite how much I share.

Go look in my Genesis box project topic for example, that is just ridiculous. That hard work wasn't even mine to share but I did so in hopes other would come and help clean them up since Cyrano didn't clean any scans before using them. So what happens? But of course! Many users came along, downloaded, said their thanks then disappeared. Not one person helped out while I even continued to post box redos. Now I only upload them to Vault users. I gave full instructions and even provided the templates yet nobody could bother to lend a hand. lol  :no:

While there are a relatively few that do contribute I am glad they do, so thank you.to all who contribute stuff. Unfortunately the tools for making stuff are not that easy to learn and take a lot of practice. Hell I have gotten better after making thousands of wheels and I still have a long way to go. I am grateful for the people we have working in stuff and there are more now than in the past to be sure so we are picking up a bit of steam so let's keep the momentum rolling! Cheers!

I too do not like how some artwork gets hoarded away but much of that is up to the creators and I also understand why they do it. People we've had like Cyrano and Juniorunderground put hours into making nice box sets only to get banned by petty admin bullcrap and disrespected, now look as no new box sets are getting done. Then there are those like manicshare who got tired of all the leechers here and frankly I sometimes do as well, despite how much I share.

Go look in my Genesis box project topic for example, that is just ridiculous. That hard work wasn't even mine to share but I did so in hopes other would come and help clean them up since Cyrano didn't clean any scans before using them. So what happens? But of course! Many users came along, downloaded, said their thanks then disappeared. Not one person helped out while I even continued to post box redos. Now I only upload them to Vault users. I gave full instructions and even provided the templates yet nobody could bother to lend a hand. lol  :no:

I hear ya mate... it is a sorry state of affairs. But nothing will change... without change :(  I even stopped doing all the above due to the closed door policy of it all.  Hell even on systems I was working on I wasnt even given the databases as "outsiders" couldnt be trusted, even though I was helping all hands to the pump encouraging and making media for these underloved systems.

I wont be a part of something that only makes art for 2-3 people to play god with.  If what you are saying is right then the entire reason we started this HyperVault has been missed and it has now just become a mass storage for a few people to use, tens of people to contribute and this entire scene to never move forward.

Like I said guys, I aint having a go, I try my damned hardest to get as many people involved with the evolution of this as possible.  But I cant point people at something that is dead already for those who are too late to the party.

JayC wasn't wrong when he described the goal of the Vault. It isn't just for sharing amongst the few of us, it's there to get things done then pushed to the official downloads section. It's also for storing source artwork which is nice if anything needs redoing and as mentioned, helpful when like a wheel can be used for multiple systems. I was only speaking of certain people and how some things are not shared, and the mentality behind that.

It would be nice if the downloads section here wasn't such a mess though and was categorized better. The categories should not be "Upload here", "Old Site Media" and such. Clicking on downloads should bring people to a page that says, "Wheels", "Boxes", "Themes" and such. Random people should also not be allowed to upload to the officlal downloads section anywhere, that is what FTP was for.

It would be nice if the downloads section here wasn't such a mess though and was categorized better. The categories should not be "Upload here", "Old Site Media" and such. Clicking on downloads should bring people to a page that says, "Wheels", "Boxes", "Themes" and such. Random people should also not be allowed to upload to the officlal downloads section anywhere, that is what FTP was for.

This for sure. The categories in the download section don't really make much sense and seem scattered around. Everytime I go looking for something I have no idea where to look. The only way to find something is to search, but even that can be spotty.

I didn't even know there was something called Hypervault. That's news to me and I've been on here damn near everyday since early this year.

Archived