The Downloads section is back and better than ever! If you spot something out of place, let us know.

Preparing build Shitoken First Cabinet

shitoken

First I will need to prepare a list to order the parts.

My plans are with Hyper Marquee , RGB Leds , 26 - 27'' LED or LCD Monitor.

I wanted to ask comments of members here for usb encoder and buttons.

• LED-Wiz and LED-Wiz+GP
  • iPAC Ultimate I/O, Pac-LED64, Pac-Drive and U-HID USB
  • Howler

From above which will be the best board and easy to configure?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How about joystick and rgb buttons, tracker , spinner what do you recommend ?

I hate to sound like an ultimarc fanboy, but Andy's stuff all plugs & plays into his IO ultimate.  His RGB buttons have harnesses so no soldering 4 wires per button (but not available in leaf style switch) and the lighting is controlled directly off the IO ultimate as well.  The trackball can be illumanted with RGB as well.  The IO ultimate works with LED blinky and can also control accent 12V RGB lighting.  The trackball and spinner just plug into the IO ultimate and then it is 1 usb to your pc.

I've heard about the Howler "forgetting" its programming on restart/computer power off, and the other options are multiple devices that do the same thing that the one from ultimarc does.

Thank you frank for valuable comments, I would prefer user friendly and easy setup for this first machine. I heard a lot of good reviews of ultimarc and gamegroove website, but am not sure if they can sell as package with joystick , buttons , decoder at one cost or need to order 1 by 1. Will try email them and find out. By the way what is leaf style switch?

Thank you frank for valuable comments, I would prefer user friendly and easy setup for this first machine. I heard a lot of good reviews of ultimarc and gamegroove website, but am not sure if they can sell as package with joystick , buttons , decoder at one cost or need to order 1 by 1. Will try email them and find out. By the way what is leaf style switch?

Leaf style is a mechanical style of arcade button vs the included microswitches that most modern buttons have.  Leafs are better for rapid fire classic games (like Track and field) because you don't have to wait for the microswitch to reset (you can kind of "feather" the button).

Leaf button (the new ones are much smaller and internal, but the idea is the same:

leaf_pushbutton.JPG

I emailed Andy from Ultimarc with what I needed and he helped me put together a shopping list.  They don't sell kits because there is such a difference between different builds (6,7, or 8 buttons, trackball/no trackball, etc)

I have the gold leaf switches which love and they are super quiet. https://www.ultimarc.com/goldleaf.

My spinner is the Turn Twist from GGG, it has the weighted knob so you don't need a weight on the bottom shaft. Also did have the Arcade Controls token in the top, but someone Sent me a different one so I swapped it out.

Trackball is the small inch and a quarter type with left and right mouse click, it's good enough for what I want.

All that can be seen in my Pig Pen video, just click the pig below. :)

I have the gold leaf switches which love and they are super quiet. https://www.ultimarc.com/goldleaf.

My spinner is the Turn Twist from GGG, it has the weighted knob so you don't need a weight on the bottom shaft. Also did have the Arcade Controls token in the top, but someone Sent me a different one so I swapped it out.

Trackball is the small inch and a quarter type with left and right mouse click, it's good enough for what I want.

All that can be seen in my Pig Pen video, just click the pig below. :)

I have the same buttons and I agree they are great.  Nice and quiet and a nice soft feel to them.  Unfortunately not available in RGB.

Thank you so much for sharing your comments.

Leaf buttons sounds good but not with RGB right?hmm

For mode function buttons such as player , credit , pause, start ,exit, etc should I use same size buttons or smaller?

Turn twist/spinner dimension is same as normal buttons or I will need to cut different size hole?

I have also seen the Turbo twist is this useful to us any difference?

Gigapig would you share your trackball link , I was thinking to add 2 round buttons next to the ball for left right func. Maybe I can checkout yours first.

About the stick I would prefer quite one when playing , I used to have one which have some sound when turning left to right. Which one should I go with little hard to decide here.

Just thought about Two guns too. Really exciting

Tapatalk を使用して私の A0001 から送信

Below are two designs with and without keyboard. Have reduced the deep to fit in my room. But not sure about the height of control panel after added they key board and total overall height of machine

Please give your comments

26.jpg

b.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Shitoken:  Below are two designs with and without keyboard. Have reduced the deep to fit in my room. But not sure about the height of control panel after added they key board and total overall height of machine

Please give your comments...

I would definitely go with an integral keyboard.  Until you have the machine working, the keyboard is really useful.  I would also consider extending the front of the keyboard drawer down 2-4cm, so you could hide a strip of LED lights.  FYI - Mike 

Shitoken:  Below are two designs with and without keyboard. Have reduced the deep to fit in my room. But not sure about the height of control panel after added they key board and total overall height of machine

Please give your comments...

I would definitely go with an integral keyboard.  Until you have the machine working, the keyboard is really useful.  I would also consider extending the front of the keyboard drawer down 2-4cm, so you could hide a strip of LED lights.  FYI - Mike 

Thank you for your comments. Will talk to the factory about this

• 1 month later...

HI friends

It has been quite some time not updated the progress of my cabinet due to waiting my house to ready after CNY.

For time being received 2 monitors in factory for my build.

26inch Touch Screen Led Monitor

Cache_-6f467e245d99250.jpg

32* Hyper marquee Lcd Screen

Cache_-590b60aecf26dc9b.jpg

Cache_1ac653bb67a1b91e.jpg

Now I have question about the 2 screens to operate.

Since I will be building a complete new system for this arc machine , before I purchase any GPU card , I would like members comments

on the card which one should I go and also can support  Dual Screen support hyper marque.

many many thanks

First I will need to prepare a list to order the parts.

My plans are with Hyper Marquee , RGB Leds , 26 - 27'' LED or LCD Monitor.

I wanted to ask comments of members here for usb encoder and buttons.

• LED-Wiz and LED-Wiz+GP
  • iPAC Ultimate I/O, Pac-LED64, Pac-Drive and U-HID USB
  • Howler

From above which will be the best board and easy to configure?

GroovyGameGear's LED buttons are more comfortable, however their LEDWiz boards are an absolute NIGHTMARE to configure. You need to do a bunch of math and make your own wiring stuff. I spent $300 and it ended up frying my motherboard. 

That said, Ultimarc's stuff is SO easy to setup. I didn't like the feel of their buttons as much, though. In the end, I ended up using GroovyGameGear buttons with Ultimarc LEDs/boards. A bit pricier and a lot of more, but perfect fit for me. I have no complaints about the quality of Ultimarc products for everything but buttons. I have lots of complaints about GroovyGameGear products, but none about their buttons. Ultimarc also provides much better support. Next day email responses all the time and, again, I can't overstate how much easier their products are to work with, including the provided instructions. 

GroovyGameGear's LED buttons are more comfortable, however their LEDWiz boards are an absolute NIGHTMARE to configure. You need to do a bunch of math and make your own wiring stuff. I spent $300 and it ended up frying my motherboard.

That said, Ultimarc's stuff is SO easy to setup. I didn't like the feel of their buttons as much, though. In the end, I ended up using GroovyGameGear buttons with Ultimarc LEDs/boards. A bit pricier and a lot of more, but perfect fit for me. I have no complaints about the quality of Ultimarc products for everything but buttons. I have lots of complaints about GroovyGameGear products, but none about their buttons. Ultimarc also provides much better support. Next day email responses all the time and, again, I can't overstate how much easier their products are to work with, including the provided instructions.

thanks bro for valuable comments . What I am planning now is will get the board ultimarc except buttons. For buttons and stick I will try the default factory one first after I will get the buttons and spinner from groovy

Tapatalk を使用して私の A0001 から送信

Wow that's an amazing price. Can you provide a link, dimensions and brand?

Tapatalk signature

No brand name attached , I bought this from a chinese guy locally in market he tested infront of me but not sure how long it will last hehe.

So I would prefer burn my hands alone before you guys join me. If all goes good I can try get from him if still available. But of course chinese products are always risky if low price.

Correct information is

The size is 26" (1/3) LED  - 1366x256

Archived