The Downloads section is back and better than ever! If you spot something out of place, let us know.

Preparing build Shitoken First Cabinet

shitoken

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like a steal. Hope it works. Marquees in the states are like 4 k

Tapatalk signature

Hmm not sure what you mean by steal, 4K for marquees wow.

About the gpucard I still need information about how to setup 2 screens & with what type of card I need?

@Shitoken

Like the others said stick with Ultimarc and the iPac Ultimate. They do sell the encoder with wiring harness as a complete pack.

I'll be updating my CP to Ultralux buttons which I've heard nothing but good things about. My gameplay buttons will be clear, RGB with clear outer rings, and my admin buttons will all be yellow, with chrome outer rings and single yellow LEDs. That's my current plan at least.

For spinners you can also get a turbo twist push/pull version that works with games like Discs of Tron, Forgotten Worlds, Frontlines etc...

That said, Ultimarc's stuff is SO easy to setup. I didn't like the feel of their buttons as much, though. In the end, I ended up using GroovyGameGear buttons with Ultimarc LEDs/boards. A bit pricier and a lot of more, but perfect fit for me. I have no complaints about the quality of Ultimarc products for everything but buttons. I have lots of complaints about GroovyGameGear products, but none about their buttons.

Which buttons did you use?

Next step will be to find good resource site for high quality graphics files enabling my producer to print the artwork.

Does anyone know any good sites to share?

For mine it was 10's upon 10's of hours hunting down hi-rez artwork through Google and Bing.

Next step will be to find good resource site for high quality graphics files enabling my producer to print the artwork.

Does anyone know any good sites to share?

What kind of games did you have in mind?

For a lot of games, the artwork is crap, but there's a lot of pretty decent artwork available for free as well.

Led wiz boards are a breeze to configure. Pair the led wiz board with led blinky and it will be easy. Wiring was not that bad use cat5 cable it is easier and stays more organized.

That's hilarious! The manual alone proves my point. It's a nightmare. A nightmare!!!! Plus the math, the individual wires, the terminal blocks, the fuses, and...

Compare that to wire and play with Ultimarc

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

Finally me and my wife decided the artwork not to use any games on sides  ,  Go simple. Too many characters will be complex & many users arcade machines are already using the same titles such as MAME, TEKKEN, STREET FIGHTER,  SEGA .etc, I have found some designs and let my builder to design for me before it can be print.
I have to delay this build a bit more because my house still take month more time to finish renovation.

What kind of games did you have in mind?

For a lot of games, the artwork is crap, but there's a lot of pretty decent artwork available for free as well.

my plan was not to use game titles but to use some unique designs

examples BUSHIDO, SAMURAI, GEISHA , stuff. but now  I decided to  use plain designs and later will modify the side works when time come.

That's hilarious! The manual alone proves my point. It's a nightmare. A nightmare!!!! Plus the math, the individual wires, the terminal blocks, the fuses, and...

Compare that to wire and play with Ultimarc

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

I guess it can be a nightmare. I like challenges, not a big deal to me (the wiring) I have messed with cars so much and one of customers favorite thing is to "clean up the engine bay" which means re routing/re cabling certain harnesses. To each their own though like any hobby.

• 2 weeks later...

Some updates with artwork and screen + led button been installed (not rgb)

Next plan is to custom build a computer for supporting dual monitors + ordering ultimarc + rgb + spinner.

House renovation not yet finish therefore will postpone the delivery of this cabinet to mid feb.

Total cost of this cabinet cost me about USD1400 about HKD10K include screens and ordinary factory joysticks, (without pc)
Untitled-1.jpg

Really nice cabinet and artwork. What do all the yellow buttons do? I'm trying to work out how many I need 

Thank you bros, life is busy as hell,   will find time to get this machine running by march.

About the button functions, I followed below panel design , cause I was not really sure about what buttons I need. Hope it helps

Panel.jpg

• 2 months later...

Hi friends

Machine has arrived at my place.

Now is time for me to order parts to setup the control panel.

Control panel came with Single Led Buttons and p/s tracker but the wirings look mess to me and does not support encoders for PC systems.

Now I have two options

1) Keep the Single Led Buttons and remove all the wirings and order new encoder board and wirings.

2)Order complete set of RGB buttons with all the parts required for Led Blinky, Tracker, Spinner.

I have discussed with Andy and he replied me as follow.

If the LEDs are single color (as pictured), then a list would be:

I-PAC Ultimate I/O board

PCB mounting feet

9-LED connection pack (one for each 9 LEDs)

Daisy-chain harness with 6.3mm connectors (for common connection of all LEDs)

Trackball illumination kit

U-Trak trackball (without USB)

Bezel for trackball if needed

Spintrak spinner, and knob (without USB)

Based on above if I use I-PAC Ultimate I/O board, seems more complicate to me.

What about if I choose option 2 changed all the buttons and tracker to RGB and combine with ( I-PAC Ultimate I/O Interface comes with full wiring harness )

Is this enough to support single led buttons too?

If above board is capable for both RGB and Single Led and can take care everything so do I still need below mention parts?

PCB mounting feet

9-LED connection pack (one for each 9 LEDs)

Daisy-chain harness with 6.3mm connectors (for common connection of all LEDs)

Trackball illumination kit

Sorry guys as I am totally new to wiring stuffs.

Many many thanks for your advice and comments before I place order to avoid any mistake and miss out some parts.

Ken

Tapatalk を使用して私の A0001 から送信

Archived