Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Dedicated Ghouls'n Ghosts'n Goblins wheel. COMPLETE & AVAILABLE!

Metalzoic

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, was a ton of time and work, but it's turning out damn cool so far!

I normally refuse to have any console games on my arcade cab, but had to for this project. So after reading and some advice I decided to run MESS for the consoles I needed.

And Jesus setting up MESS was a nightmare. I thought it would basically fire up and be straightforward like MAME, but no luck. I gave up on even trying to use a version of it after they combined in MAME 162.

What's funny is I can get games to launch using RocketLauncher in those MESS versions, but can't get a single thing to launch directly from MESS. I also couldn't figure out how in the effing hell to get GLSL working.

So I gave up on it and went back to MESS 160 (I think) and it runs perfectly... Ha! No GLSL settings, but I came up with some good HLSL settings for it so all good.

So now I have 2 SNES games, 1 Game Boy game (that I emulate with Game Boy Color for color), 1 GB Advance game, 1 NES game, 1 WonderSwan game, 1 PSP game and 2 PS2 games.

Still to add for official releases:

-The NES version of Ghosts'n Goblins: typing this all out decided me on it.

-The Genesis version of Ghouls'n Ghosts: inferior to arcade, but still an iconic version.

-Goku Makaimura Kai: The re-release of UGnG that only came out in Japan which adds several new modes and is considered the pinnacle of the series.

-Arthur to Astoroth: Incredible Toons: A bizzare contraption puzzle game released on the PSX in Japan.

-Geki Makaimura: An arcade redemptions game. If it's possible I'll add it to. I don't show it in my MAME list though. Seems like it should be since it released in 2005.

-Ghosts'n Goblins Gold Knights: Released for Android... is it even possible to run android App-Store games on a PC... or through RL? The sequel Gold Knights II seems to be iOS only so no luck there.

Plenty more to add for tribute/homage games (if I decide to do that). Right now I just have Castilla Maldito on the wheel I'll post about those later

...and I think that will be it. Every important game covered and I don't plan on putting all the Arthur & Firebrand cameo games in.

If you guys think any others should be included or know of anything I'm missing or don't know about then please tell me!

Odd, I run practically everything through MAME/MESS these days. Send me a PM so I can perhaps help you sort out your problems?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

It works fine so long as I use the older version. My main thing would be what the eff is the folder/setting structure to get GLSL (Geom HQ) to work?

Well, I think I'm nearly finished. Made 4 more themes for and added:

-Ghosts'n Goblins the NES version

-Ghouls'n Ghosts the Genesis version

-Arthur to Astaroth for PSX

-Goku Makaimura Kai - The remix version of UGnG that only released in Japan for PSP.

Also switched the lineup a bit. I left GnG World Set 2 since it's the easiest, Changed from Japan version C to version A since it is less hard and swapped World Set 3 for the USA version released by Taito (and made a theme for it based off of the Taito cab art).

Still need to add GnG: Gold Knights for Android and I think that's it.

I also decided to only add homage games that are directly GnG copies and not just any "inspired by" game because there are tons and they don't feel like the fit (I removed Malditaq Castille for this reason).

Check it out! I used some crappy recording program called EZvid which doesn't seem to record system sound (lame) so I had to add some GnG music instead.

I am SO looking forward to this!!! Release it!!!!!

Thanks, glad you like it.

It actually is released. The themes have been in the download section as soon as they were posted. Still have to upload the 4 new ones though.

Tell you what. Once I have the last few bezels done I'll release it as a pack with: Themes, Database, Bezels, Fades & Wheels. How's that?

OK the 4 new themes are available in the Download section. These themes are in action the the video above.

1. Gokumakaimura Kai: The Japan only rereleased remix of Ultimate Ghosts'n Goblins

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/files/file/11385-gokumakaimura-kai-psp-169-metalzoic/

index.php?app=downloads&module=display&s

2. Arthur to Astaroth Nazomakaimura: Incredible Toons for Playstation

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/files/file/11384-arthur-to-astaroth-no-nazomakaimura-psx-169-metalzoic/

3. Ghouls'n Ghosts for the Sega Genesis. An iconic version and the one many people probably played for the first time.

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/files/file/11383-ghoulsn-ghosts-genesis-169-metalzoic/

4. Ghosts'n Goblins theme for the USA version of the arcade cab released by Taito. The weird version where Arthur is named Michael etc...

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/files/file/11382-ghostsn-goblins-taito-mame-gngt-metalzoic/

Tell you what. Once I have the last few bezels done I'll release it as a pack with: Themes, Database, Bezels, Fades & Wheels. How's that?

Yes, please!

Does is it still stand true that Ghosts 'n Goblins on the NES is still one of the most difficult games ever made?

Yes, please!

Does is it still stand true that Ghosts 'n Goblins on the NES is still one of the most difficult games ever made?

Yes. The NES version isn't as hard as the USA version or Japan version C, but it's still one of the hardest games ever made.

Actually nearly every game in the series for any console shares that honor (maybe excluding the 2 mobile games).

Oh eh, right. It's all widescreen, will there be a 4:3 version as well? Did i ask this before? Or was that in another thread?... Deja vu.

No. No 4:3 version.

In fact it looks like they're going to start enforcing the rules on the download section again, so it looks like I won't be uploading any more themes or be able to upload the full GnGnGnG pack (with DB, themes, wheels etc...). Sorry guys.

If you want any (or all) of these themes you better grab them now in case they decide to remove them all from the download section.

No. No 4:3 version.

In fact it looks like they're going to start enforcing the rules on the download section again, so it looks like I won't be uploading any more themes or be able to upload the full GnGnGnG pack (with DB, themes, wheels etc...). Sorry guys.

If you want any (or all) of these themes you better grab them now in case they decide to remove them all from the download section.

Really? ?that enforcing stuff is going to start again?? If everybody would rate the downloads you'd easily get to shift the crap from the awesome. You wouldn't need that kind of policing so badly.... ah wel..

Sent from my SM-A700FD using Tapatalk

Really? ?that enforcing stuff is going to start again?? If everybody would rate the downloads you'd easily get to shift the crap from the awesome. You wouldn't need that kind of policing so badly.... ah wel..

Sent from my SM-A700FD using Tapatalk

Well I can see why they want to do it. And honestly I don't think I correctly followed their naming convention for my themes lately, so it's not like I'm innocent. Ha!

However the official process is just too much of a hassle for me to bother with. That's why I originally quit uploading anything at the old site.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I won't be uploading any more themes or be able to upload the full GnGnGnG pack (with DB, themes, wheels etc...). Sorry guys.

Come on man, quit honey potting :P

You could put whatever you want on the FTP though. I don't believe that has to follow any sort of structure?

• 2 weeks later...

Well, almost done.

Dumped a ton more hours in and created 10+ G'nGoblins Fade backgrounds, an animated Firebrand for the Fade screen, Loading text using the G'nG font. Then 25 or so bezels for the games themselves including special aspect-ratio bezels for the GBA and Wonderswan versions. Unified Fade and loading behavior across the multiple systems using multiple matching Fade folders on a per-rom basis. Spent hours fixing a genre loading issue. Cleaned up the DB a bit. Got Ghous'n Ghosts Remix running full screen... probably much more.

Project is almost done and looking damn good! Here's a couple pics of a Fade screen and a few bezels.

post-58638-0-14867100-1458622348_thumb.jpg

post-58638-0-17600300-1458622517_thumb.jpg

post-58638-0-60173400-1458622532_thumb.jpg

post-58638-0-32518700-1458622552_thumb.jpg

post-58638-0-57120200-1458622568_thumb.jpg

post-58638-0-89832800-1458622596_thumb.jpg

post-58638-0-36187100-1458622620_thumb.jpg

Archived