Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Some Marquee Magic

Boomslangnz

How exactly do you have the screen set up? What program. I had so many problems trying to get a marquee screen going I pulled it down!

I'm interested in this as well.

My marquee project has been posted under my FTP for about a year now & I've gradually increased the number of Mame marquees (updating with HD quality as I find them). It uses a Mr. Do layout file paired with a marquee in png format & zipped into an artwork file. They all look good & function well, but I still have to actually launch the Mame game before the Marquee appears. And I'm not smart enough to figure out how to do this with other emulators yet.

What this fella has going here looks more like BBB started working on back in Feb 2011. That was what inspired me to try accomplishing the same thing while waiting for it to be implemented in the next version of HS.

The one difference with this fella's output is that thee marquee is filling the entire screen (albeit looks a bit stretched). On mine, the marquee maintains the proper aspect size/ratio, it's centered, and looks good...just doesn't fill the screen completely on my marquee monitor.

Recently, there was a nice development going with MarbleMad's high quality marquee compilation & the HyperMarquee project...but it appears after getting pressured to give credit (rightfully so) to Lord Hiryu who was (it appears) initially responsible for creating many of those HD marquees...........well, now www.hypermarquee.com is a blank page. Which is sad because I thought it might encourage more people to get in on completing the database with some really nice HD marquee scans (without watermarks).

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/showthread.php?23554-Dynamic-Marquee-Artwork-Database

All of my work on FTP came from (at one time) the available work & compilations of MarbleMad, Mr. Do, Howard Castro, & Lord Hiryu. It's a shame there aren't more updates coming in the apparent foreseeable future.

I wish we could get this going again as I'm a total marquee junkie. That LG M2900 stretch monitor is like the crown jewel of my arcade cabinet that I think really sets it apart from may of the cabs I see online.

Its using a slightly modified version of the led blinky hack. I got around 700 created by Lord Hiryu and ive been making the rest up myself (around 100 mame,and ive completed xbox and 360, Naomi, taito type x,ps2 etc)

While there are some which are stretched due to picture not looking as good with just title etc, most are not and look really good in person actually. I would prefer it to fill the screen myself as whats the point otherwise. This screen aint called a stretched monitor for no reason

For the google impaired...

http://www.lg.com/uk/commercial-display/lg-M2900S

76,5cm * 30,7cm * 9,7cm

------

I found a couple online for $500 refurbished - which is insane imo.

I'd googled that myself but couldn't see where the dimensions were mentioned.

Here for anyone interested.

http://www.lg.com/uk/products/documents/lg-lcd-monitor-M2900S-PN-specification.pdf

Sent from Amstrad CPC464

For the google impaired...

http://www.lg.com/uk/commercial-display/lg-M2900S

76,5cm * 30,7cm * 9,7cm

------

I found a couple online for $500 refurbished - which is insane imo.

These aren't shitty domestic monitors, these are commercial screens specially designed for advertising etc

Trust me when I say the way images look on this monitor is awesome!

These aren't shitty domestic monitors, these are commercial screens specially designed for advertising etc

Trust me when I say the way images look on this monitor is awesome!

I'm sure they look awesome displaying scans of 20 - 30 year old Marquees too!

long time lurker and thought id chime in and let you know you can find the same monitors he's using randomly on ebay in very good used condition for dirt cheap! i just got mine for $145 shipped! i gladly cut into my hyperspin cab case without hesitation! it looks great!!!

• 3 months later...

Archived