The Downloads section is back and better than ever! If you spot something out of place, let us know.

Help on Illuminated Buttons Please

Boomslangnz

Goto Ultimarc.com and grab what you are after. Build quality on Andy's stuff is amazing. The pacled64 is sweet as and setup is simple. The RGB buttons also come with two pre done wire lengths you can just plug into your pacled and come in a couple of different types depending on your preferences. I'd go for the classic RGB myself but the ultralux are a nice look as well.

I went with a PACLED64 and a mixture of box the Ultimarc RGB and single color buttons. In retrospect, I kind of wished I would have gone all RGB. I like the indented classic look of the RBG butons and it's nice to have to color changing options. Be prepared to put in some work on those RGB buttons. Some assembly is required!

Also, if you buy the grounding harness, (Highly recommended) make sure you get the correct size for the LED's. They are a different size than the connection for the switches, 6.2mm I believe. These aren't needed if you're going full on RGB. IF you go with single color buttons also buy the wires to connect to the PACLED.

Here's what my set-up looks like:

*SHAMELESS PLUG* If you can wait for delivery until march, you can get a complete kit here: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2034467396/howler-arcade-controller

that looks awesome, I might sell the pacled64 and get me one of those instead is there a version with pin headers or is it solder only? doesn't matter to me but might be a bit of a challenge for some without soldering experience.

RBG buttons from Ultimarc are awesome the brightness level is insane i cant have them fully turned up. day or night the colours loook as they should!

Here is my thread http://forums.overclockers.com.au/showthread.php?t=1021786

I believe he is working on a RBG Joystick which ill be waiting for

Andy is also working on a UltraStik 360 with the rotary mod and is considering an RGB with that model as well. That is what I'm waiting for. :)

Andy is also working on a UltraStik 360 with the rotary mod and is considering an RGB with that model as well. That is what I'm waiting for. :)

I did make a mod for that for the current U360 if anyone has interest in it. It works quite well when done right.... http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,132356.0.html

Although, I am curious to see Andys model. I dont talk to him much personally. Does he have a thread on it?

I did make a mod for that for the current U360 if anyone has interest in it. It works quite well when done right.... http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,132356.0.html

Although, I am curious to see Andys model. I dont talk to him much personally. Does he have a thread on it?

Not aware of any threads about it. Was asking questions about it in an email chain. Love that mod but having it as a production stick would be amazing.

RGB UltraStik 360's with the mod are an option he mentioned but they may come later. I also wanted the top fire but yeah don't think that is happening. :( His sticks are so damn sweet to use.

I have the magstick +, I dont really care for the them. The short throw, hitting the corners is hard sometimes.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

I have the magstick +, I dont really care for the them. The short throw, hitting the corners is hard sometimes.

There is a website I found ages ago that gives you the angles of throw and feel of many different joysticks. You are definitely not alone with that issue bro. :) But Andy doesn't hide the fact that the MagStik + are a short throw stick. Personally I can play on pretty much any stick but some have such a long throw that I just end up mashing the damn things hard side to side. :) Catch 22. That's why here in Australia it is great having places like Ozstick that you can go into an use the stuff first and see if you like the feel.

*chuckles* I bet you got the MagStik because of the easy 4 to 8 way change system it uses? :)

• 2 weeks later...
There is a website I found ages ago that gives you the angles of throw and feel of many different joysticks. You are definitely not alone with that issue bro. :) But Andy doesn't hide the fact that the MagStik + are a short throw stick. Personally I can play on pretty much any stick but some have such a long throw that I just end up mashing the damn things hard side to side. :) Catch 22. That's why here in Australia it is great having places like Ozstick that you can go into an use the stuff first and see if you like the feel.

*chuckles* I bet you got the MagStik because of the easy 4 to 8 way change system it uses? :)

I did, but now I regret it. Im going to swap them out for something better for fighting games. Idk which one tho.

As I've said a few times. You want to go play on a heap of different cabs and find out what ones feel right for your play style. Then go into a place that sells the controllers (if that exists where you live) and see which one feels right for you. Also decide on baton or ball top as well as long or short handle as this can effect the feel drastically. If you don't have a place that you can walk into then you need to find your angles of throw and go that I'd start with slagcoin.com and go through that info. Great place to start. You could ask a hundred different people abou "what's the best joystick" and you will get a dozen different answers. Eg http://www.coinopspace.com/m/discussion?id=2467396%3ATopic%3A218284

Archived