Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Neo Geo CD games

mihaliousa

I expect you can probably get rid of the android/data/com.retroarch/ part and just have system folder on your hard drive. Just got to point retroarch to it.

@sonkun 

No need to move the data/data one just change the directory to point at the other one. (If your referring to hyperspin using a different one

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, thatman84 said:

I expect you can probably get rid of the android/data/com.retroarch/ part and just have system folder on your hard drive. Just got to point retroarch to it.

@sonkun 

No need to move the data/data one just change the directory to point at the other one. (If your referring to hyperspin using a different one

That's exactly what I did. I left the data/data one alone cause that one I wasn't really sure if that would mess anything up. But yes I did get rid of the android data folder and access it strictly from my ext hd

12 minutes ago, thatman84 said:

I take it you have root access @sonkun. I don't and wish I did now. I'm a bit bloody minded though :) 

Yes I am rooted, I actually just had to re root last night after installing the new ota update, was putting it off for a while but got tired of the reminder message popping up every time I turned the Shield on. Main reason I rooted was to be able to use a dual shock 3/4 controller for my games besides other things. Way better than using the stock controller ?  I'm about to test the atari 5200 using the same method for the neo cd. Only thing I'm not sure about is what to name the emulator folder where the roms will be. I guess a5200 since that's the name of the mame hash file.

WOOOOOW guys, I just got atari 5200 to start through hyperspin using the exact same method for neo geo cd!! The game I tested was Astro Chase and I was right to to have changed the emulator folder name to that of the mame hash name "a5200". Doing that allowed the game to start right away with no problems. Damn I'm getting hyped!! To be sure I might try one more system to make sure that's how all mess/mame cores need to be set up, I believe they all follow the same procedure. Oh and thatman84, you don't need any ini folder in your mame system folder just as badhemi said, I deleted it and the games still work, all you need is the mame folder with the hash folder and that's it just like he said.

26 minutes ago, sonkun said:

WOOOOOW guys, I just got atari 5200 to start through hyperspin using the exact same method for neo geo cd!! The game I tested was Astro Chase and I was right to to have changed the emulator folder name to that of the mame hash name "a5200". Doing that allowed the game to start right away with no problems. Damn I'm getting hyped!! To be sure I might try one more system to make sure that's how all mess/mame cores need to be set up, I believe they all follow the same procedure. Oh and thatman84, you don't need any ini folder in your mame system folder just as badhemi said, I deleted it and the games still work, all you need is the mame folder with the hash folder and that's it just like he said.

Here's the mame system list. Green means working, red not yet. Inside each system shows what is the system name and what BIOS

http://www.progettoemma.net/mess/sysset.php

So I just removed my MAME softlist ini files and everything still works fine with the roms not in the retroarch system folder. 

Idk if something changed or a never needed them but looks like I don't need them now!!

i will keep the NeoGeo one for switching the aes bios because I didn't setup FBA.

i was certain I needed it when I done Atari 5200.

im going to go back over my posts and clean them up for the next person that finds this thread :)

@badhemi is a master in this MESS

I might as well keep the good news rolling. I present to you guys, my first mess renaming project. In this zip is a SNK Neo Geo CD box art, game wheels and a Hyperspin ini with all of it's metadata ready to be used. I also have all videos renamed but the folder is over 500mb big and I don't know which site I can use to upload it. 95 percent of the videos are named directly the same as their mame videos anyway but it would have been nice to have everything in one folder. thatman84, the project has already begun ?

http://www14.zippyshare.com/v/LjlPrdd4/file.html

4 minutes ago, sonkun said:

I might as well keep the good news rolling. I present to you guys, my first mess renaming project. In this zip is a SNK Neo Geo CD box art, game wheels and a Hyperspin ini with all of it's metadata ready to be used. I also have all videos renamed but the folder is over 500mb big and I don't know which site I can use to upload it. 95 percent of the videos are named directly the same as their mame videos anyway but it would have been nice to have everything in one folder. thatman84, the project has already begun ?

http://www14.zippyshare.com/v/LjlPrdd4/file.html

Great news I will start a thread. The videos will need to be on Emumovies FTP if thats where they came from?

Need to get away from thaT ZIPPYSHARE site though? Can just use the FTP for now. I posted at EM and will wait on a reply but carry on in the mean time.

FTP is so much easyier imo

2 minutes ago, thatman84 said:

Great news I will start a thread. The videos will need to be on Emumovies FTP if thats where they came from?

Need to get away from thaT ZIPPYSHARE site though? Can just use the FTP for now. I posted at EM and will wait on a reply but carry on in the mean time.

FTP is so much easyier imo

I got the videos from Hypersync which I guess is basically the same files from the emumovies ftp server? I'm not really sure how to upload files on the ftp but if I learn I will start using that from now on. badhemi, I'm not sure if you renamed all your media for that particular mess but if not I hope that package comes in handy/

I actually just got on filezilla not too long ago and just checked out your ftp folders. That bally astrocade xml looks nice. That's how I plan to do all xml's with the dates, manufacter etc intact. I believe Phulshoff have most of his xml's named the same way as well.

Great to see all the support still happening in this forum, thank you everyone!!

I have Neo Geo CD set up and running perfect through hyperspin, tried to set up Phillips CDI but have been unsuccessful. Has anyone had any luck running Phillips CDI on the Nvidia Shield TV and if so is it a different setup the NeoGeo CD? 

Ok guys I have tried everything to get CDI running but no luck. I originally had the 168 chd set and then tried 149 but still no luck. As mentioned I have this set up exactly like neo geo cd but I cant even get CDI to run through retroarch. i have about 12 systems running through mess and hyperspin that are running great on my shield tv but CDI has me stumped. The only thing I can think of is maybe I have the wrong bios or need an additional bios, currently using "cdimono1" zipped and un zipped in both folders, any feedback to get this system up and running would be awesome

24 minutes ago, rambo32 said:

Ok guys I have tried everything to get CDI running but no luck. I originally had the 168 chd set and then tried 149 but still no luck. As mentioned I have this set up exactly like neo geo cd but I cant even get CDI to run through retroarch. i have about 12 systems running through mess and hyperspin that are running great on my shield tv but CDI has me stumped. The only thing I can think of is maybe I have the wrong bios or need an additional bios, currently using "cdimono1" zipped and un zipped in both folders, any feedback to get this system up and running would be awesome

Maybe check this thread out. It's PC but all info seems relevant. If some don't work on PC there's no chance on droid.

3 minutes ago, rambo32 said:

had a look and i cant find the settings for, enable soflist, media type, and boot from cli, where do i find these settings in retroarch?

You need to load a normal MAME game first, like, dino (Cadillacs and Dinosaurs) or another, then press F1/Quick Menu/Options.

10 hours ago, thatman84 said:

@rambo32 I think badhemi has a CDi thread may be worth moving the CDi discussion over that thread.

I think you misunderstood his question, he was asking where he can find some options in Retroarch, being one of them "Boot from CLI".

He's probably following that guide to run NEO GEO CD games via RocketLauncher.

I warn @rambo32 that this method (using RocketLauncher) won't work in Android and the softlist method should be used instead, the CLI method will work in Windows, since RocketLauncher gives Retroarch all instructions on how to proceed and open the contents without softlists, etc.

Archived