Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

What do you think of this donor cab

connorsdad

Do you guys think this would be a good donor cab?

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=111315572506&globalID=EBAY-GB

I prefer the wider backbox from the newer tables but I could just build a new one for it. Just thought that at the right price it would be worth it just for the legs, side rails, lock down bar etc.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Please mate, don't destroy it :( ... sad day to Pinball RIP Frutipop Pin .. lol ...

this is just my opinion.

I'm working in my virtual pin ... you can find it some threads down, titled: Star Wars: FG :) ... I can't wait to work some more on it this weekend!! We "can work together" because we are starting almost at the same time. We can help each other, any tips, recommendation or support is welcome, either way.

**** them, and here I am spending $ and a lot of time searching for pinball parts and arcade stuff, like coin doors, legs, control panels, buttons, joystics, marque, etc etc ... and to see this. Dam it, and what irritates me more is that I'm a fan of TNT Amusements!!!! Damn it, this is like a kid knowing that Santa isn't real lol :(

If you do gut this machine and use the cabinet as a starting point, then save everything. Don't throw out anything, someone in the pinball community will use theses pieces. Sell the playfield on ebay.

I totally get both sides of the argument. It's cheaper to buy and old pin then it is to buy the legs, siderails, glass, coindoor, ect. But. It's a classic pin. They don't make them any more. Someone on pinside is probably dying for thoes plastics.

At the very least. Plug it in and play it untill you get bored.

The cabinet woodwork itself needs a helluva lot of work, it's cracked, chipped and split all over the place. The legs are rusty, in fact too far gone to rescue :(

They said the table plays fine apart from a few issues with the back box keeping count of the balls in play. I will know more when I get time to put it together and have a go :)

I admit it would be a shame to gut it :/

I'll have a play with it then decide :)

If I were to gut it I wouldn't throw anything, as you say, there are probably folks out there who are seeking parts.

**** them, and here I am spending $ and a lot of time searching for pinball parts and arcade stuff, like coin doors, legs, control panels, buttons, joystics, marque, etc etc ... and to see this. Dam it, and what irritates me more is that I'm a fan of TNT Amusements!!!! Damn it, this is like a kid knowing that Santa isn't real lol :(

I love TNT Amusement's videos as well. And I fully understand the argument. Read the comments. People get on the Internets and are all up in arms about preserving pinball history but will not give a cent themselves to do anything about it. Again and again, they were willing to crate these up and move them out if people would pay the shipping costs. They would stick cabinets out on the curb and place a Craig's list ad to have people pick them up for free and they still would not move. At best people will strip off some of the parts and leave a mess to pick up. So, are they supposed to give it to you for nothing and drop it off at your door too? So, these pieces of history that no one is willing to take off of his hands unless he pays them to do it sit and take up space in his warehouse. Costs money to even have a landfill take it. I'd start throwing them off of the roof too. Or put them in a burn pile. I'm a bit of a pyro.

Ok, so the OP who just wants a virtual pin now has to put some money and effort to repair and restore what he has and then take the time to find a collector to trade with in order to please the Internet? How about one of the commenters put up the 3-500 euros for this unique and priceless piece of history? It's a bonafide classic from the land of classic pinballs. Italy! It has a fruit-based theme! C'mon! Cut the OP some slack, friends. :)

I probably wouldn't even save the parts unless I already had local connections to collectors or was at least already selling items on eBay. Hoarders houses are full of crap they think are valuable antiques. The artwork might be the part worth saving, but that depends entirely on the condition. Not easy to say from the picture. If it seems worth saving, are you willing to do the work or pay someone to restore the artwork and convert it to a wall hanging or something? Or is it just going to sit in the closet until you happen to run into somebody who is looking for it? Or until your wife convinces you to toss it out already!? :)

Just saying. Now strip that pin down and move along with the project! Don't look back!

I love TNT Amusement's videos as well. And I fully understand the argument. Read the comments. People get on the Internets and are all up in arms about preserving pinball history but will not give a cent themselves to do anything about it. Again and again, they were willing to crate these up and move them out if people would pay the shipping costs. They would stick cabinets out on the curb and place a Craig's list ad to have people pick them up for free and they still would not move. At best people will strip off some of the parts and leave a mess to pick up. So, are they supposed to give it to you for nothing and drop it off at your door too? So, these pieces of history that no one is willing to take off of his hands unless he pays them to do it sit and take up space in his warehouse. Costs money to even have a landfill take it. I'd start throwing them off of the roof too. Or put them in a burn pile. I'm a bit of a pyro.

Ok, so the OP who just wants a virtual pin now has to put some money and effort to repair and restore what he has and then take the time to find a collector to trade with in order to please the Internet? How about one of the commenters put up the 3-500 euros for this unique and priceless piece of history? It's a bonafide classic from the land of classic pinballs. Italy! It has a fruit-based theme! C'mon! Cut the OP some slack, friends. :)

I probably wouldn't even save the parts unless I already had local connections to collectors or was at least already selling items on eBay. Hoarders houses are full of crap they think are valuable antiques. The artwork might be the part worth saving, but that depends entirely on the condition. Not easy to say from the picture. If it seems worth saving, are you willing to do the work or pay someone to restore the artwork and convert it to a wall hanging or something? Or is it just going to sit in the closet until you happen to run into somebody who is looking for it? Or until your wife convinces you to toss it out already!? :)

Just saying. Now strip that pin down and move along with the project! Don't look back!

I understand about the TNT part. But c'mon they have a website with listing (and some not so cheap) of all the cabins. They even have a ebay account, and the prices aren't "cheap" ... why they don't list all those parts and arcades/cabins VERY low in price or even free (in their website). That, I don't understand. But, oh well .....

To the OP, of course he can do whatever he wants. But in my opinion and what he posted, I think he will have more trouble and work than doing from scratch. He have said he will give it a change and even he will past the good parts to those looking for them, not ending in a trash .... or trowing them over a building lol

BTW, this is a question to the OP. That MAME you have in your sign, ... did you made that yourself? If you did, doing a virtual pinball will be like taking a candy from a baby!!

On Ebay, sellers have to pay to list. Makes no sense to list anything for free or cheap especially if the items aren't moving.

I'm not a customer or even a huge defender of TNT, but I understand that they are simply operating a business. For dealers, there is a price that must be paid for managing an inventory where a customer can walk into the showroom that day and buy what they want when they want it. And if they don't have it they have the connections to get it, finder's fee part of the price. All with some service after the sale. There are not a lot of dealers around competing to serve the high demand for working machines.

I checked their website, and they have a few repro parts but their business is working machines. You might think, hey, list your salvage parts and collect some incremental profit for basically nothing. But there's not a big mark up on used solenoids, legs, lock bars, etc. and as the owner/manager you still have to pay someone to handle the transactions and shipments. Unique parts you would likely save for the next restore job. Just not as much profit from the effort as having that employee handling the bigger ticket items. Besides there are already a number of businesses that deal with parts.

If the OP is willing to part out and pass along parts for the good of the pinball community, good on him. It's a hobby and that's a fine thing to do if you are not depending on this to provide a good living for yourself and your family.

I do agree that it would be better to simply start from scratch as you can produce exactly what you want and maintain control over the cost of materials, but that option is truly expensive if you do not already have access to a wood shop and a large set of tools. SS conversions I think would be easier than EM conversions because there are a much larger number of examples in these forums to use as guidance. I had looked into doing a conversion myself, but I wound up just paying for VPCabs to build one for me. In the end, I'm glad I did. But shipping from US to Europe, yikes! The shipping and import duties would be killer. That may not be an option.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I understand about the TNT part. But c'mon they have a website with listing (and some not so cheap) of all the cabins. They even have a ebay account, and the prices aren't "cheap" ... why they don't list all those parts and arcades/cabins VERY low in price or even free (in their website). That, I don't understand. But, oh well .....

To the OP, of course he can do whatever he wants. But in my opinion and what he posted, I think he will have more trouble and work than doing from scratch. He have said he will give it a change and even he will past the good parts to those looking for them, not ending in a trash .... or trowing them over a building lol

BTW, this is a question to the OP. That MAME you have in your sign, ... did you made that yourself? If you did, doing a virtual pinball will be like taking a candy from a baby!!

Yes I did make G4D myself :)

As for this pin, if I choose to restore, it's going to be a lot of time, effort and money on my part for something that I wouldn't appreciate, regarding refurbish and sell, what's the point, I'd probably end up out of pocket. I'd much rather invest that time in converting it to a vpin to be honest. I paid £180 for it, if any of you guys want to take it on, it's yours for the same price. My thinking was I would pay more than that for the lock down bar, side rails, coin door etc here in the UK so may as well buy it :)

If you, or someone you know is interested in restoring it I would be happy to let it go, otherwise I will more than likely convert it, I will probably save the play field for wall art in my man cave (When I get around to making one :( )

Tough choice, but it will be a really cool and unique thing to have once the restore is done. I agonized over what to do with mine, but the decision was made a bit easier by the fact that the machine had been stored near the ocean and everything was completely rusted out:

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/showthread.php?30607-Bally-Space-Invaders-42-29-17-Widebody-Build

Archived