Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Adding PC Game to the wheel???

ticmike

Can someone give me the heads up on adding a PC Game to the wheel please?

Ive added it in hyper HQ so it shows in the wheel, but it wont launch and also ive just downloaded this pack and cannot for the life of me recall where to place the files, i'd really appreciate and help and advice.

The game im trying to add is Street Fighter V , but I do have other ids like to add to.

sf2.jpg

sf1.jpg

Leave rocketlauncher out of it altogether and let HyperHQ load it is what I do for PC Games on the Main Menu wheel.

HyperHQ

Main Menu Wizard tab

Add New Item to the Main Menu

Add Name Street Fighter V

Is this item an executable program? Yes

Place it in the wheel main menu.

Continue with wizard.

Locate the executable (exe) for that game and add it.

Done.

Files go in the Hyperspin/Media/Main Menu/Themes folder renamed to Street Fighter V.

**Just sorted it now**
In Hyper HQ I changed Execution to Normal rather than Hyperlaunch

Ok so still struggling, so made a quick video of what I get and what my settings are, hopefully someone in the know can point out the problem.

• 11 months later...

With Rocketlauncher there is a module called PCLauncher. This is awesome, and makes adding Windows Items like games and media a breeze.

If you have more than 1 PC Game create a new wheel for your "PC Games" and make a simple database etc like other wheels.

Then set PCLauncher as the default "Emulator" in Rocketlauncher for your new PC Games wheel.

To do this your RocketLauncher Folder, then Settings and finally PC Games. (If you don't have this folder you may need to launch RocketLauncher UI Just Once)

Open the Emulators.ini file and manually type "PCLauncher" as your default emulator. Roms you can leave blank as its all controlled in the PCLauncher.ini file.

image.png.78e48fac310c640af6f45322d580d8f5.png

No need to set a Rom_Path as the location of each gamed is controlled by the method below.

Now Navigate to your Rocketlauncher Folder, then modules and finally PC Launcher.

pESGJ7P.png

Rename the PCLauncher (Example).ini file to just PCLauncher.ini removing the (Example).

Then Open it.

You can choose now to remove all the current information in there like the below example or just leave it and start adding more.

6cpYMS4.png

As you can see in the above there are some different ways you can launch your games.

You can either add the full path to the exe or bat file or you can use the SteamID if you have your game installed via steam.

Just be sure to set the correct paths above and also the same name (Case Sensitive) as the games name in your Hyperspin Database XML.

HzW9nxs.png

Hint: To get the path of your games easily you can copy the path from Desktop Shortcuts or Start Menu shortcuts if you properties and copy the path. Be sure however to remove the "".

05MBxvb.png

Make sure that your Rocketlauncher settings are all the way you like them and..

We are now done.

You should be able to launch your game now directly from Hyperspin.

4da8dced73880ec0a26a2e84522e0da8.jpg

I agree that using PCLauncher is the only correct way to use PC Games with Hyperspin.

But why are you showing to manually edit the PCLauncher.ini instead of simply using the options/settings menu built right into RocketLauncherUI like normal? That's much easier and gives some instruction on what the settings are.

Also if I remember right Steam games also need to be added (manually) to the SteamIDs.ini file as well (if they aren't already listed). Unless that has changed.

EDIT: Just realized we both posted to a 1 year old thread.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Anyone know of any resources for auto generating an xml based on something like folder names. Seems like Steam Wheel Creator is a bit dead.

I figure someone clever would know a way to create an xml based on the folders in the 'steamapps/common/' folder as something to use a base to start. Otherwise it's a ton of copy pasting for me I guess.

I created shortcuts to all my games in a single folder and let RL create mine but the resulting xml has no data in it other than name.

Might be better to just grab someone else's and just start editing it since it's probably going to involve a lot of editing in any scenario. Hopefully they have at least some of the same games as you, LOL

Well I found that by creating a .bat file with a single line "dir/b >list.txt" It will create a text file of the folder names, so that's time saving start at least. 

If I find some other time saving tips along the way I might document them here for the next poor sucker.

I can send you my database and you can just fill in the gaps? Add more etc.

I don't think ROM Only settings work but you can Enable/disable them I think in the wheel to hide what you dont have, or leave it there if you want extra media I have themed my entire database (I Think) so if you need wheel art, themes and videos just check my uploads.

176 Titles so far I think.

47 minutes ago, Bungles said:

I can send you my database and you can just fill in the gaps? Add more etc.

I don't think ROM Only settings work but you can Enable/disable them I think in the wheel to hide what you dont have, or leave it there if you want extra media I have themed my entire database (I Think) so if you need wheel art, themes and videos just check my uploads.

176 Titles so far I think.

Yeh man for sure! I'll check your uploads it's a bit tough finding PC stuff around here through the usual searches. Do you have a spot on the ftp or should I check through the site uploads?

I did see in a thread you made a short time ago about creating a PC list. I'm happy to contribute to that concept as I move forward with this.

I was just reading up supposedly there was a way to create a hyperlist from a text document through hyperlist on this very site. But I seem to get a 'you must be logged in' error when trying to access it. Seems like that section of the site is mostly redundant. So that's as far as I've got with the slow way. I could probably be halfway to copy pasting something together by now but where is the fun in that :D

Edit - My check through your uploads reminded me your racing theme setup is next on my agenda :)

PC Games.xml

As for media I don't really have a pack or a spot on the FTP (Also internet is garbage)

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/profile/134558-bungles/?do=content&type=downloads_file&change_section=1
However if ya run through my uploaded content almost all the Media is in there. Others have also made a lot of media but unfortunately they have different wheel templates.

If you wanted to work on a pack you are more than welcome to re-use any of the content, but PC Games varies from player to player and situation.

As I just run Hyperspin on my Main PC I add lots of titles not suited to arcade cabinets. But maybe suited to Couch and TV users also.. 

Maybe one day they will be added to the HyperBase/sync/live thingymabob.

Well here's a quick instruction for anyone trying to get a quick list going from their steam library, there are probably more complete and elegant ways of doing this but here you go.

1. Go to your search/cortana near the start button and search 'cmd'. Open and navigate to your 'Steam\steamapps\common' folder. (You can google if your unsure how to navigate but basically typing 'cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common' will likely get you where you need to go.)

2. type (or Ctrl C, Ctrl V to copy paste)

'dir/b >list.txt' and hit enter.

This will create a text file called 'list' that will contain the names from the folders.

3. type (or copy/paste)

'for /f "delims=" %F in (list.txt) do copy nul "%F".txt'

This will create empty txt files from that list.

4. Close cmd and navigate to the folder in explorer, you will see the newly created text files, cut and paste them in a newly created folder somewhere. You may need to scroll through what you have a delete a few files that came along for the ride like 'shader cache' etc. Also you will need to delete the two 'list' files.

5. Open 'Create New Hyperlist.exe' that comes with Don's HyperTools package (you can find it in the download section under 3rd party.) 

Under Action select 'Scan ROMs in a folder to create a HyperList XML file'

Under ROM folder select the folder you just moved the txt files into.

Give the list a name and enter 'txt' in the File Extensions box.

Hit the Build list button and hey presto you have a basic hyperlist you can use.

Archived