Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

MAME Software List Renaming Project

thatman84

1 hour ago, sonkun said:

Just added Bandai Super Vision 8000, Casio PV-1000 and VTech CreatiVision to the ftp. I started working on Sharp X68000 as that also works through Hyperspin (although that system runs very sluggish) with controller support  and has some very obscure games (over 1000) I've wanted to try. Might take a while so I'll work on it off and on. Not sure which system I'll pick next but I see your to-do list. When I decide on one I'll let you know so that we both don't end up doing it. Also Sega SG 1000 works on the Genesis Plus GX core.

Sweet great stuff,

sg-1000 had the question mark because I thought I set it up with that core just had to check

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, thatman84 said:

Sweet great stuff,

sg-1000 had the question mark because I thought I set it up with that core just had to check

Yeah that system is good to go. I have Emerson Arcadia in my sights, got videos and wheel art ready, just can't find a full boxart set anywhere, and carts too if that's available

added RCA Studio II

the hyperlist only has 5 games compared the Phulshof's 15/16.

if you add it you may want to use one of the bigger xmls without full meta data to gain access to more roms

Also there are some integrated games I need to have a play with this system but I have not added it yet

• 3 weeks later...

Out of curiousity why from the ftp?....I have almost every mess system with all artwork named according to the xml including fmtowns which most mame.exe doesn't include the updated xml ...I don't have a paid account so for many of us we wouldn't have access to help out or to use if we needed anything.....

As far as sharp x68000 I read that there's an emulator for this system on one of these threads...I gotta check it out because mame has poor speeds for this system..also currently working with the sharp x1 emulator ...gotta run some test on this as it seems it only plays roms with 2d,2dd extention and not the other type which is d88 

Also not sure if anyone else has this but msx2+ also works gr8 on the shield ...only problem is u need to convert the disk to roms....basically I converted from the cmd line with a Lil msx program and a dsktorom Rom that takes the msx2+ disks and converts them to msx2+ roms

I've also made my own pack with 5 doom games...I called it doom collection and did the themes and wheels and all ....came out pretty nice......the old system DICE only has 1 compatible game  (pong) for android as u may have seen on a vidoe from Gavin from a while ago...I've also made separate pinball wheels...one for marvel pinball, one for zen pinball and the game wheels have zen pinball apk, family guy pinball apk, aliens vs pinball apk, and portal pinball apk, and also pinball arcade which is great and has the lastest 2017 cracked apk...did a single bomberman wheel and since everyone on a pc has it is did a fix it felix wheel ...

As far as studio2 I don't think that 1 is good for android...not 100% sure but I think I tried that 1 already.....also sordm5 is a good 1 and aamber pegasus is really old but good....for apf imagination u will only be able to get a few games in there due to controller issues.....not all games use the same buttons like sord5m so what I basically did was pick out the better games and left out others that conflisted with my controller setup

U will find that with alot of mess systems especially the older ones , u will need to pick the favorite games and leave others out...u can map multiple key strokes to the controller but if those key strokes conflict with a game then u either gotta separate them or leave one rom out of the playable list

I've spent alot of time configuring keys and figuring which games are best to keep for all mess related systems for android...this includes sordm5, pegasus, apogee, apf100, plus many many more mess systems....the biggest hurdle will be controller mapping 

So I learnt something new yesterday. Apparently there is some support for command line with the MAME/mess cores using text files with MAME command line switches saved with extension .cmd

im thinking this could possibly render softlist redundant!!!! I have yet to test it out.

see here 

https://forums.libretro.com/t/what-console-would-you-like-to-see-ported-to-retroarch-next/8979/46

@badhemi @reznnate have you guys tried this?

EDIT:

I tested 1 game and it worked but gotta sleep now. Launched BerZerk (USA).bin for Atari 5200, no hash files or specific rom folders needed. Just needs a text file.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/9/2017 at 3:24 AM, thatman84 said:

So I learnt something new yesterday. Apparently there is some support for command line with the MAME/mess cores using text files with MAME command line switches saved with extension .cmd

im thinking this could possibly render softlist redundant!!!! I have yet to test it out.

see here 

https://forums.libretro.com/t/what-console-would-you-like-to-see-ported-to-retroarch-next/8979/46

@badhemi @reznnate have you guys tried this?

EDIT:

I tested 1 game and it worked but gotta sleep now. Launched BerZerk (USA).bin for Atari 5200, no hash files or specific rom folders needed. Just needs a text file.

No I haven't tried it. Sounds like alit of work to build text for each rom

I got a batch now. It's probably 5 times quicker than renaming and not fixed to all the software list bs now. I

16 minutes ago, badhemi said:

No I haven't tried it. Sounds like alit of work to build text for each rom

I do a guide sometime for what it's worth

58 minutes ago, thatman84 said:

I got a batch now. It's probably 5 times quicker than renaming and not fixed to all the software list bs now. I

I do a guide sometime for what it's worth

Cool. Im starting new project for raspberry pi. Want to check out.

Ok I'm on the phone so bare with...I have berzerk.a52 in like this../storage/emulated/0/RetroArch/system/mame/roms/a5200 on my phone...In that a5200 folder I also have a cmd file and the bios a5200.zip...the cmd file is like this-

a5200 -cart "/storage/emulated/0/RetroArch/system/mame/roms/a5200/BerZerk (USA).a52"

Now I open retroarch load the mame183 core and load content I select BerZerk.cmd....then it crashes...not sure what I'm missing at this point

4 hours ago, sanchezmike01 said:

Ok I'm on the phone so bare with...I have berzerk.a52 in like this../storage/emulated/0/RetroArch/system/mame/roms/a5200 on my phone...In that a5200 folder I also have a cmd file and the bios a5200.zip...the cmd file is like this-

a5200 -cart "/storage/emulated/0/RetroArch/system/mame/roms/a5200/BerZerk (USA).a52"

Now I open retroarch load the mame183 core and load content I select BerZerk.cmd....then it crashes...not sure what I'm missing at this point

Just to confirm your rom in the location above is BerZerk (USA).a52?

maybe drop your rom in a different folder because I guess the one you stated has all your software list rom zips in it also. I didn't test that.

It works for me, maybe try some other roms

this is the batch scrip

@ECHO off
SET rompath="M:/Roms/Atari 5200"
SET shieldrompath="/storage/MYCLOUD/roms/Atari 5200/"
SET outpath="C:/Users/ME/Desktop/Atari 5200"
SET sysname=a5200
SET media=-cart

CD /d %rompath%
FOR %%A IN (*.*) DO (ECHO %sysname% %media% "%shieldrompath:"=%%%~nxA") >> %outpath%/%%~nA.cmd

1. set set the rompath to where your pc roms are
2. set the shield rompath to where they will be on the shield (same as your .ini file)
3. output path is where the .cmd file get created (create the folders)

leave the last 2 as is for testing with Atari 5200.

On 3/7/2017 at 5:37 PM, sanchezmike01 said:

Out of curiousity why from the ftp?....I have almost every mess system with all artwork named according to the xml including fmtowns which most mame.exe doesn't include the updated xml ...I don't have a paid account so for many of us we wouldn't have access to help out or to use if we needed anything.....

This would save me a lot of time if you could upload what you have lol. Haven't worked on this project in a little while but I'm about to jump back into the fray.

• 7 months later...

Archived