utfalcon

MSU-1 SNES CD Full Wheel

20 minutes ago, Bain408 said:

Does this refer to msu games in general or is the snes cd different

These are games where CD quality soundtracks or videos were added into the games. Some of them are some hundred MB or even more.

Just look them up on YT to see what i mean

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, utfalcon said:

I've created a complete wheel for most of the SNES CD MSU-1 games that are currently available.  The wheel is based on SimplyAustins SNES Wheel as I like the clean look and background and have also used some of Aorin's Video Snaps from the great game hacks wheel that was released.

I've created mock up SNES CD covers and CD images based on some of the box art for the games out there.   The RocketLauncher module is setup to launch the games with Retroarch using the BSNES core, its my first wheel release so hopefully everything works ok.

You can download the full wheel with rocketlauncher fades and pause backgrounds here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!As2jkrtIr7k7gRyMRmgI1MeR6B_J

You can check out a preview video here:

you sir are a true hyperspinner. I apologise for assuming your gender. this is a very nice set :)

• Upvote 2

Yeah I'll add it to the list when I get home from work. :)

• Upvote 1

This is great thank you. I think the only one missing is Final Fantasy VI Balance and Ruin.

I combined this with the MSU-1 cinematic theme from launchbox.

What I did was search for  snes msu 1 roms 
You will need to edit some bml files( think of bml as a cue file) to point to your msu, smc/sfc, and pcm files. 

I'm using retroarch with bsnes performance and everything is working well. (edit, megaman x2 and x3 required the bsnes_mercury_balanced_libretro to work)

I noticed that a lot of the newer msu-1  roms dont come with bml files anymore. how do you guys handle those?

15 minutes ago, Bain408 said:

I noticed that a lot of the newer msu-1  roms dont come with bml files anymore. how do you guys handle those?

The media pack includes the bml files. 

hmmm now i think its really time to mess up with retroarch :good: really cool dont know that someone exists really cool utfalcon

• Upvote 1

Perhaps you could rebrand the set, SNES MSU-1  ? as it technicly has nothing to do with the snes cd...

just played one of those games... that is absolutely mind blowing! thank you for bring this to my attention !!

• Upvote 1

Can you please share the "complete cd's" without being behind the box.

I really love to spin it ;)

Thanks for the pack looks cool.

• Upvote 1

I have to say, with deepest sincerity that you are amazing. This exact thing has been a project on my to-do list for quite some time. Seen here, I was just going to name mine the "Super Nintendo SD - Super Disc Entertainment System" Though, also using MSU-1 Roms.

I haven't ever gotten the roms working though, couldn't make sense of the bml files, and sort of put a pin in the whole thing...

Then I come on and someone else has done almost the same thing with such passion and was incredibly through. I would love to pick your brain on getting these titles up and running on my own system as well.

Untitled.png

• Upvote 1

On 6/16/2017 at 11:40 AM, machiman said:

Can you please share the "complete cd's" without being behind the box.

I really love to spin it ;)

Thanks for the pack looks cool.

Sorry unfortunately I didn't create the cover art as a separate box and CD.

The bmls are tricky to get working sometimes, you can compile many of the games following the instructions on romhacking,net.  Usually you need to patch an clean rom of the game then you need to open the bmls i provided with notepad++ and edit the "rom name=program.rom" match the name of your rom.  The MSU-1 rom name needs to match the .msu1 file name of your set and the track numbers need match your .pcm files.   Sometimes you need to use a certain version of the rom, it was a pain tracking down all the bml files and compiling the games to get them to work in retroarch.  I could write up some tips to get the games working or just post a link to mega with all my compiled games that are matched to the bmls but I'm not sure if that will break site rules? 

Another good resource is https://www.zeldix.net/f46-msu-1-hacks-database

I've gotta get to work on Final Fantasy VI and Zelda Parallel worlds, those both had MSU-1 tracks recently added.

4 hours ago, utfalcon said:

Sorry unfortunately I didn't create the cover art as a separate box and CD.

but you did create this layout, maybe you could provide the source art, right?

I saw this "what if"website by a swiss designer that made the package layout you used. assuming you took his work as template to work off. (or maybe the person who made that is you).

it would be great if you can post a link with all your compiled games Utfalcon :good:

Posting links to the games would be against forum rules, so please don't do that. Thanks.

Where can I read up about this system more?
Are these games with better sound, fan made hacks?
This system was never released?

I'm flipping through the YouTube videos now, blown away :D

• Upvote 1