Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Favorite memories from two player games as a kid

LSDguy

When I was a teenager I went to a local retail game shop called Gamequest. I bought a 20 dollar game, because I had 20 bucks. Which is like "Hell yeah!!" when you're a teen. The game I bought was Destrega.

Destrega is a two player free roaming fighting game. Where the characters dash around through fireballs and energy blasts ala DBZ!

My nerd friends, cool friends, and cousins all loved to duke it out in that game once they learned the controls! It was a hell of a lot of fun, fast paced action!

We talked trash! Beat the hell out of each other! And lost on purpose when someone new was playing to get them into it. 'twas rad. HERE IS SOME GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Goldeneye was one for me. It was great because once you finished it on easy, the next level added more objectives so you were compelled to beat right up to 007 level, which I did finish. :) Then you had 4 player madness and that golden gun.

Another would be Moonstone on the Amiga. Me and a mate stayed up till 4am trying to finish it but it crashed every time near the end of the game, still a great time though. I recently saw it completed on Youtube :(

Moonstone is a classic. Loved it. Some for me were on the Amiga. Games like SWIV, The Chaos Engine, Final Fight to name a few. Also, like gigapig, Goldeneye was played a lot. 4 players was hilarious. Didnt mind playing Turok 4 player as well but Goldeneye was the one which we always came back to.....especially on a 150" projector screen!! :D

Yep, loved the big screen. Use a similar size one now which is on a tripod. We use it mostly for BBQ's so we can connect the Xbox to play FIFA tournaments and a PC for MAME. 4 player Wrestlefest is awesome!!

Here's mine, sorry it's not a great pic , but it is dark. Screen size is 225" x 130" and obviosly showing the cool Moonstone intro.

post-9524-142870628955_thumb.jpg

Here's mine, sorry it's not a great pic , but it is dark. Screen size is 225" x 130" and obviosly showing the cool Moonstone intro.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]40585[/ATTACH]

Quality stuff Gigapig. Before building my bartop i built a projector.....yes it was a huge box to hold a 15" screen but it was all good fun. Learnt a lot about electrics and wiring doing it.......now i want to play Moonstone!!!

I used to play gun star heroes at a local GameStop by my school! Then Dreamcast came out and we were all about Virtua Tennis!

I never had a Dreamcast, so I'm just discovering it now, just Crazy Taxi at the moment, my Son seems to like The Offspring :)

From a European point of view, we mainly had computers, not consoles. It was almost like tinkering with Hyperspin, 3 prepubescent boys huddled around a ZX Spectrum and a tape recorder, listening to Duran Duran and praying for Sabre Wulf to load. Happy Days :)

Not entirely multiplayer, but the best multiplayer is having the players in the same room.

Yes, in 80's/90's europe was a really different "beast" compared to japan and usa. Nes was not a HUGE success, and mastersystem was a serious competitor to nes. ZX spectrum and c64 totally owned them just as amiga and atari st owned snes/md in early 90's. Things changed after playstation1 release and the market became more consoles-centric, also because the only viable "gaming computers" after 1994 were IBM compatibles and a gaming rig cost a crapload of money compared to ps1. Consider also that italian £ was a really weak currency so before € was introduced technology was REALLY expensive here in italy.

For arcades... well, we didn't had a "golden age" in 70's here in italy (I guess it was the same in the whole EU), arcades became a REALLY profitable bussiness in early 90's. You know: street fighter 2, daytona usa, snk brawlers...

Archived