Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Awesome CHEAP hypermarquee setup!

thenoob

8 hours ago, dragon57 said:

@justindarc, did you consider a stretched bar LCD like these (see link below)? If so, why didn't you go with an lcd versus the projector? It appears the total cost would be about the same.

Stretched bar LCD

Yes, I did consider those. But as you can see, I only spent around $400 for my entire setup compared to $800 for a stretched bar LCD. That's nowhere near the same.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, justindarc said:

Yes, I did consider those. But as you can see, I only spent around $400 for my entire setup compared to $800 for a stretched bar LCD. That's nowhere near the same.

Understood. I probably should have mentioned I was looking at the LCD that would fit my 27" cab. That one is $320 + $100 shipping, which is close to your total.

Regardless, many thanks for the details on your setup. It is quite impressive.

12 hours ago, dragon57 said:

Understood. I probably should have mentioned I was looking at the LCD that would fit my 27" cab. That one is $320 + $100 shipping, which is close to your total.

Regardless, many thanks for the details on your setup. It is quite impressive.

Oh wow. I mean, yeah if you can get a stretched bar LCD for that cheap, then go for it. I think I needed 33" for mine and it was just too cost-prohibitive for me.

• 1 year later...

I switched my HyperMarquee setup over to what I call Display Marquee Fusion using Display Fusion and a custom RocketLauncher user function script I wrote which works perfectly!! I have a 5 display setup all various sizes and can display whatever I want on each display. I use it for my Visual Pinball setup as well since it can automatically change my monitor arrangements on the fly using the PinballY frontend. I been in the process of converting over from PinballX to PinballY a really awesome frontend for pinball.

I had way too many issues with Hyper Marquee and since I already use and own Display Fusion I had an idea why not use that to display my marquee's and whatever else I want to on each display. There a slight delay when switching between my game marquees but that doesn't bother me as it's only a few secs other than that always works perfectly and never crashes or issues like had with HyperMarquee.

• 2 weeks later...

I am working on proof of concept using swf animations and converting them for use within my bezels. So far I have successfully converted my swf animations and have Display Fusion playing them.

Next .... Getting this to work within my bezels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am working on proof of concept using swf animations and converting them for use within my bezels. So far I have successfully converted my swf animations and have Display Fusion playing them.

Next .... Getting this to work within my bezels.

That’s a fantastic idea, animated bezels oh my! Please share progress

Still working the bugs out!

With bezels enabled in RLUI it is creating a black background around game screen and that is the issue right now. I need that to be transparent so the desktop shows around the game screen.

I sent a PM to djvj see if he can help as well as a few others that have more experience than me and will see what they say.

Update!

I have animated bezel working!!!! with no slow down at all. Everything works smoothly just have some code to work out but currently animations are playing on my bezels. These animations are not just for bezels you can have them playing on marquee plus any other monitor you have attached all at same time playing different animations.

More work ahead but I finally got my proof of concept to work.

1 hour ago, Krakerman said:

Ok HyperSpinner’s animated bezels now working!!!

I have been following the RL discord chat, looking forward to the video. You have one hell of a monitor setup my friend. ?

On 5/18/2019 at 10:50 PM, Krakerman said:

I switched my HyperMarquee setup over to what I call Display Marquee Fusion using Display Fusion and a custom RocketLauncher user function script I wrote which works perfectly!! I have a 5 display setup all various sizes and can display whatever I want on each display. I use it for my Visual Pinball setup as well since it can automatically change my monitor arrangements on the fly using the PinballY frontend. I been in the process of converting over from PinballX to PinballY a really awesome frontend for pinball.

I had way too many issues with Hyper Marquee and since I already use and own Display Fusion I had an idea why not use that to display my marquee's and whatever else I want to on each display. There a slight delay when switching between my game marquees but that doesn't bother me as it's only a few secs other than that always works perfectly and never crashes or issues like had with HyperMarquee.

Good day, Krakerman!

I have a question for you regarding your setup with Display Fusion and your marquees. You stated that it required the use of RocketLauncher and a script you wrote to make it all happen.

I'm trying to revamp my setup with just the classic arcade games I like and dumping all the console stuff I've collected for ages and never played. I'm trying to pair my setup down to the bare essentials, so that gameplay is at it's best. That means what I really want to run is HyperSpin, MAME, Display Fusion...and that's about it.

My question for you is this...do you think it would be possible to split the screen of a second monitor and have MAME itself display the marquees properly in the assigned "virtual desktop"? For example...monitor #1 will be HyperSpin and gameplay, monitor #2 will be split horizontally into 2 "virtual desktops". Call them monitor #2.1 for the upper half and monitor #2.2 for the lower half. Do you think it's possible to assign MAME to display marquee images SPECIFICALLY to monitor #2.2

Any insight would be appreciated, and thank you.

Craig - Atlanta, Ga.

Archived