Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

My Hyperspin intro's showcase

keltoigael

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What really sucks, well, besides this jackass making a living off of other people's blood, sweat and tears that they've put into this frontend, is the fact that somehow he still has access to everything HS. Personally I think that he and everyone he does business with should be banned from here and from EmuMovies. Let's see how "lucrative" his business is without the steady influx of new content. I was reading his comments and it's funny, from what I gathered, it's okay for him to sell the artwork and themes everyone else here has created, but he doesn't share anything he's created with the community, but then we're supposed to be okay with the fact that he's selling it...That's 'Murica though, make money off of someone else's work and claim it's yours. It doesn't matter if he "makes it easier", I've been away from HS for over a year, I deleted my ENTIRE old setup and had HS along with RocketLauncher up and running in less than a week, and that was only working on it for a couple of hours a day, thanks also to HyperSync because I didn't have to match all of that artwork to my XMLs like I used to. It's easier to set up now than it was when I joined up back in 2009 thanks to the combined efforts of the community that contribute their time and talent for FREE, while this jackass tries to justify selling other people's work because of the "difficulty" of setting it up? Really?!? Not trying to sound like an ass or an elitist, but if you can't read and follow the TONS of support here, or make a post on the forum if you need help, then use another FE, HyperSpin is not for you. People like him really make me question my faith in humanity, what a douchebag. /endrant

What really sucks, well, besides this jackass making a living off of other people's blood, sweat and tears that they've put into this frontend, is the fact that somehow he still has access to everything HS. Personally I think that he and everyone he does business with should be banned from here and from EmuMovies. Let's see how "lucrative" his business is without the steady influx of new content. I was reading his comments and it's funny, from what I gathered, it's okay for him to sell the artwork and themes everyone else here has created, but he doesn't share anything he's created with the community, but then we're supposed to be okay with the fact that he's selling it...That's 'Murica though, make money off of someone else's work and claim it's yours. It doesn't matter if he "makes it easier", I've been away from HS for over a year, I deleted my ENTIRE old setup and had HS along with RocketLauncher up and running in less than a week, and that was only working on it for a couple of hours a day, thanks also to HyperSync because I didn't have to match all of that artwork to my XMLs like I used to. It's easier to set up now than it was when I joined up back in 2009 thanks to the combined efforts of the community that contribute their time and talent for FREE, while this jackass tries to justify selling other people's work because of the "difficulty" of setting it up? Really?!? Not trying to sound like an ass or an elitist, but if you can't read and follow the TONS of support here, or make a post on the forum if you need help, then use another FE, HyperSpin is not for you. People like him really make me question my faith in humanity, what a douchebag. /endrant

His reply was that he makes HS easier for other people.....how? We do all the hard work. He also claimed he makes all his own content, IE themes, videos, wheels, everything. Which is complete and utter bullshit.

Sorry everyone, I will be removing all my videos from the FTP and no longer sharing any videos with the Hyperspin community. It is really unfortunate that one person ruined it all. A person named Chris Upchurch is selling copies of Hyperspin hard drives containing roms, emulators and all our media. He was caught on one of his videos using my system intro included with his sell. He claims he creates all his own artwork and content for over 100 systems. He has also filed a subpoena with Google to release all my personal information so he can pursue a legal action against my copyright removal of the video. If you would like to read for yourself check it out. I think it would be best for Hyperspin admins to pursue this individual and ban him from the forums. He is stealing all our hard work.

We received the attached counter notification in response to a complaint you filed with us.

We're providing you with the counter notification and await your notice (in not more than 10 business days) that you've filed an action seeking a court order to restrain the counter notifier's allegedly infringing activity. Such notice should be submitted by replying to this email. If we don't receive notice from you, we may reinstate the material to YouTube.

If you have already provided YouTube with evidence of a court action in response to a previous counter notification for this URL, there is no need for you to respond again.

If you have any questions, please contact [email protected].

Counter-Notification as follows:

Videos included in counter-notification:

Display name of uploader: Chris Upchurch

Since this false claim of copyright for a video that was released in to the public domain could affect my reputation. I will be filling a subponea to Google for your info to prosue civil ligation.

I swear, under penalty of perjury, that I have a good faith belief the material was removed due to a mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled.

I consent to the jurisdiction of the Federal District Court for the district in which my address is located, or if my address is outside of the United States, the judicial district in which YouTube is located, and will accept service of process from the claimant.

Chris Upchurch

Is there anyway we can lock down the hypersync and the FTP more by adding the passkey(? those little things that generate a password that are keychain sized) functionality to them? Personally i'm not planing on using keltoigael's vids, but i want other, LOYAL HS peoples to be able to access them.

The Devil is a lier we know that, he stated he wasn't selling Roms but it was clear from his channel he was.

He's now doing video guides because he's obviously getting tired of replying to people who have problems with the turd he sells.

I'm gutted keltoigael has decided to remove his wonderful intros, just because a disgrace of a human thinks he can gather up exactly what he likes. I put up a Pinball FX2 setup guide using the excellent new module, a few days later wanker bleeding Upchurch is adding it to his Hyperspin drives. He's not who I want to be helping so I understand why you would stop creating content.

Has he done a deal with Jonathan at xpadder to put a paid copy on each drive? I doubt it. If so why stop there, why not donate to djvj, jhabers, BBB etc.

If anyone wants to contact Mame legal about Mame being sold, feel free. [email protected]

What else can you do that doesn't include an 50 calibre? Contact Nintendo, buy his drive and before you piss on it, clone it and start selling it for just the cost of the drive, the bargain price of $150 instead of $400 ;)

I'm sorry this disgrace has infected another quality thread.

Long live the Hyperspin community :cheers:

I really think it's just a bluff honestly. Does he really want to do some legal when he is doing something very illegal? I have his email address, it could be the same address he used to register for HS. The best we can do is track down his user ID on HS and ban him. I also have his phone number. His dumb ass disclosed all his information when he made that threat through youtube. Also his home address.

Aside from xpadder, he is selling roms, selling emulators, selling windows, anything else I missed? I would really like to know all the places to report him too. I am not good at finding all that info. If someone can, I will contact each vendor and give them proof he is doing something illegal.

What a douche.

No understanding of the law either. "I'm not selling Hyperspin, I'm selling a service."

Okay man.

Anyways, there will always be guys like that out there. One thing's for sure, he doesn't have a legal leg to stand on here. And he's very foolish to even think about bringing this to the courts.

I just wanted to throw my hat in and say thank you to you the people actually genuinely wanting to help people like me. I know it's hard to see your work used for the wrong purposes but you have to remember all the people you've helped that deserve it. Hold your heads up. We as a community have to stick together.

Hi guys,

I dont ever post of these forums since I have very little to contribute just starting out on doing Hyperspin but this thread seems to be particularly nasty so I wanted to share my experience. I started putting together a hyperspin system a few months ago, and it is slow going (lots of trial and error). I dont mind its a good feeling when you complete a system. There are plenty of posts on these forums to follow to fix a lot of the issues, but setting up Hyperspin is very long process and it isn't for everyone. It's not for the average person. I can see why people would buy Chris Upchurch's HD. It would save a person a ton of time and effort. I can see this argument from both sides (his and yours). I agree it would be nice if he shared his themes he created then it could go both ways, but if you really dont like what he is doing then why not do what someone suggested earlier, and just undercut his price. $400 bucks isn't that cheap. There are other youtube users that sell HDs for $200/250 so he isn't alone. He seems to be the most famous currently.

For the people who are mad that there art is being stolen, did anyone reach out to him about it? Work out something with him or politely ask him to use a different theme? Or just instantly get furious and try and ban all his videos? I just dont want this to turn Hyperspin into some elitist forum where it becomes impossible to find anything because everyone isn't sharing anything anymore. That's just my 2 cents, just want people to take a step back and relax.

Thanks for posting jspence3, there's not much that can be done about people selling, other than ignore it and continue to enjoy what we all have. And I hope nothing will change, artwork will continue to flow and genius will blow us away.

• 3 weeks later...

I just now found out about this Chris guy,..and he is not selling a service. Because if you were selling the service of setting up someone's hyperspin for them, then you would have to physically, or remotely, go in and show them how to set it up. I heard him talk about remote sessions in one of his vids, and that would be a place where it would make sense as a service. You pay whatever an hour, for him to go in and help you with your setup. Either that, or a house-call where he comes over and shows you how to make your hyperspin function. Some people don't have certain skills, like knowing how to change their car's oil for example, or any type of general editing/computer/interface usage experience. This is where I see it being a legitimate service. But that's not what he's doing. Pretty 'fin ridiculous, that he can (so far) get away with selling sooooo much work and art that belongs to other people.

Archived