Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

WIP: New/First cabinet build.

ZacUSNYR

Thanks. Yea, things will be on hold for a couple weeks anyway. Once we get our routine down, and I get the wife to let me out on Saturdays again, we'll get going on the control panel.

We still gotta get a few parts before we get rolling on it anyway.

:top:

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Received the trackball! ( It was waiting for me at work when I got back from my week off :top: )

It's pretty nice. Has a light under the trackball to light it up. Didn't expect that, but cool.

This trackball has built in support for 3 buttons as well. It pretty much just works like a big mouse. The 3 buttons (when/if connected) act like a left, right, and middle mouse button.

I think I'm gonna wind up ordering 2 more buttons and install them for a left and right click. I don't think I'd need a 3rd for a center mouse button click does anyone here feel otherwise?

It can be hooked up either with the PS/2 or the USB connectors.

TrackBall.jpg

Zac and I will, hopefully, get back to work on our poor arcade this Saturday. ( keeping my fingers crossed ).

:)

**(Update - ordered 3 black buttons for the trackball)**

I'd say no to the third button. I have a similar setup and just use 2, one for the left and right mouseclick.

Oh and I'd definitely flushmount the trackball and cover the mounting plate, looks much nicer in my opinion. It's a bit of a pain to route out the 1/16" for the plate to get it to seat level but worth it.

I'd say no to the third button. I have a similar setup and just use 2, one for the left and right mouseclick.

Oh and I'd definitely flushmount the trackball and cover the mounting plate, looks much nicer in my opinion. It's a bit of a pain to route out the 1/16" for the plate to get it to seat level but worth it.

Thanks for the tips! :):top:

I say use 3 buttons, you need 3 for MISSILE COMMAND, the best missile defense game ever !

:top: Thanks, that's good to know. I'm sure I'll be playing missile command, and it would suck to not be able to unleash all of the missiles :)

• 3 weeks later...

Yea we didn't get a lot done but we got enough done to say we did something lol

Started the day off by having ray update a ton of software on the machine and make the HS install cooler :) Then cut out the control panel piece (twice, since I dropped it and crushed a corner) heh

Then we brought it over to Ray's fathers garage and we got to designing the button layout.

Then we put Ray's father to work.

arcade-5-28-_1_.JPG

arcade-5-28-_9_.jpg

arcade-5-28-_8_.jpg

Took a Sega 8-button layout, spaced out the joystick more and dropped 2 buttons. (we're doing a 6 button layout)

Then we ran it on some scrap

arcade-5-28-_10_.jpg (which was warped)

and figured we'd just go for it.

arcade-5-28-_2_.JPG

arcade-5-28-_3_.JPG

arcade-5-28-_5_.jpg

arcade-5-28-_4_.JPG

arcade-5-28-_6_.jpg

Now we just gotta get a piece of plexi and cut the holes out for the joystick/buttons/trackball in that. We're still working on the control panel, need to get the P1/2 buttons/esc button/ and the trackball.

arcade-5-28-_7_.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived