Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

FPLaunch MOD: Pause and Loading screens...

samwyze

it is ahk, same as fplaunch :)

i will upload it tonight

by the way i've changed laptop from old lenovo t61 with xp to lenovo t420 with win7.

i tried it a bit - win7 is a total PITA

laptop is fast eventhough it has only some intel graphics

vp works fast but has some glitches - like ball is over flippers, somebody reported that already

with soft renderding ball over flipper is ok, but details are lower

fp also works

fplaunch also works but has a lot of white screens on load of games, then black screens, then screen turns off, focus problems on exit, ...

any way - lot's of work to make it all run smooth, but probably fplaunch will work better on win7 when i fix it all

So since my paper cab got laptop upgrade - now i'm testing it intensively with win7 with intel graphics card.

For now lot's of problems are fixed.

Lot's of blinking was because windows switched aero on and of.

Turning aero off completely helps very much.

Run as admin also helps to even run vp.

There is still one problem - ball over flipper!

However I found one table where one flipper works fine - CLOSE ENCOUNTERS!!!!

So since lots of people has this problem with ball over flippers - we should check what is defferent on close encounters on left flipper cause IT WORKS FINE THERE!

:)))

that's a known bug - fix is a page before (comment winhide, uncomment detect hidden windows on) - you'll have to recompile

How do you recompile it and what page number is the fix on,do I use Visual Studio..??

Is this it...

"Originally Posted by arngrim

Here is the modification to make it work:

CloseVP:

Hotkey, %exitScriptKey%, Off

GoSub rosveClose

;Visual Pinball must be closed this way instead of killing process

;or it wil not save your last game information.i.e score/credtis

;DetectHiddenWindows, on ;Or next line will not work

Loop, 4

Gui, %A_Index%: Destroy

;This line fixes where the VP Window flashes real quick

;when closing the window for a cleaner exit

;WinHide, ahk_class VPinball

WinMinimize, ahk_class VPinball

WinClose, ahk_class VPinball

GoSub bigbossClose

GoSub, ExitScript

I have another trouble, when I launch a table outside of HP, with FPLaunch.exe, and I quit, the Windows bar doesn't come back, I have to go to HP and close it."

Edited by spanner

yup that's it

for fplaunch outside of hyperpin - there is one problem.

if you are in hyperpin and you do hide and show of taskbar all the time - that doesn't look good (taskbar is shown every time between games)

so my choice is to do hide on start (in case some program shows taskbar) and never do show on exit

on windows xp this works fine cause windows show taskbar as soon as you exit from ahk

in win7 however taskbar stays hidden - so i'll change script so that:

if i find hyperpin.exe i will focus on it and will not show taskbar

if i don't find hyperpin i will show taskbar

there is another option - if you are on win7 - you can set hidetaskbar to false - since in win7 gui will not bring taskbar, taskbar will stay hidden from hyperpin - so no need to hide it again

will have to test how this works a little

Also I'm currently running win7 - so will try to fix most of win7 problems (focus still doesn't work sometimes, blinking is mostly solved).

There is another problem I've noticed on win7 - ESC always comes to VP and brings pause menu - so we have to use e key for exit.

Edited by blur

So fplancher.exe source code is on autohotkey web page..so I recomple it or do I need autohotkey..

Sorry if I sound dum but never do it before..?

Im installing autohotkey v 1.1.05.06 what do I pick...

Unicode or ANSI..??

Im guess its ANSI..... ANYONE>>>>

Edited by spanner

How do you recompile it and what page number is the fix on,do I use Visual Studio..??

Is this it...

"Originally Posted by arngrim

Here is the modification to make it work:

CloseVP:

Hotkey, %exitScriptKey%, Off

GoSub rosveClose

;Visual Pinball must be closed this way instead of killing process

;or it wil not save your last game information.i.e score/credtis

;DetectHiddenWindows, on ;Or next line will not work

Loop, 4

;This line fixes where the VP Window flashes real quick

;when closing the window for a cleaner exit

;WinHide, ahk_class VPinball

WinMinimize, ahk_class VPinball

WinClose, ahk_class VPinball

GoSub bigbossClose

GoSub, ExitScript

EDIT:

so this is in FPlauncher.ahk so I just change the lines in it and save it...Then I click on Tools>Compile..

I see the ahk files are the source code...nice already in there...:D

Worked it out..:)

Edited by spanner

Hey Blur

I tried the print screen function out .... 2 things / some suggestions

1 it over writes existing ones , is it possible to have SS go to a temp folder, for example, instead of into HP/Media/VP/BG..... maybe as an option.

2 because I use a rotated vertical screen, it takes the whole SS ...... maybe an option of screen res and size ...... like in the B2S txt or in the printscreengen prog from settingsons.

Thanks for all the support you give and the continued work you do with this.

XP user

Hey Blur

I tried the print screen function out .... 2 things / some suggestions

1 it over writes existing ones , is it possible to have SS go to a temp folder, for example, instead of into HP/Media/VP/BG..... maybe as an option.

2 because I use a rotated vertical screen, it takes the whole SS ...... maybe an option of screen res and size ...... like in the B2S txt or in the printscreengen prog from settingsons.

Thanks for all the support you give and the continued work you do with this.

XP user

hm, i would have to say no and no to both questions

that options will be useful for one or two users and all other will have to hassle with entering even more options into config file - so more chances to mess up

spanner - key is o - read fplaunch manual in this thread and read all info in fplaunch.ahk

I have noticed that if you click on the tab controls and press set a key,the key number is not there so when you click apply it saves it and there is no key for that key now..

I bet this is known about already or is it just doing it to me..?

settings.png

Pic so you know what i am taking about..

my new laptop saga continues

as you all know i'm testing my new lenovo 420 thinkpad with win7 and intel hd 3000 graphics in my paper cab

so after more then a year since first release - fplaunch will get proper testing on win7, yeeeee :)

first bug that i noticed is famous focus problem - sometimes when you exit the table you have to click to get hyperpin in focus

this is not exactly fplaunch problem but it can be fixed from fplaunch

i've tested a bit and this problem happens only if you have two monitors - with one monitor focus works great and table exits to hyperpin in a split second

what happens on exit with two monitors is this:

at first table exits very fast,

then hyperpin is shown for split second - this is where fplaunch has done his job, from now on fplaunch is closed

then it looks like hyperpin cannot take control just yet and i get black screens for few secs

then playfield goes white

then on white playfield i see rotating please wait green cursor from windows

then finally hyperpin comes to screen but without focus

if i click all is fine

so to conclude - it looks to me like hyperpin and win 7 have some troubles with two monitors and they don't go along nice

so what i did is, i changed exit function to this:

ExitScript:
toLog("exitScript Called")
if (ledwiz = "true")
Run, "%A_ScriptDir%\ledset.bat",,hide
Gdip_Shutdown(pToken)
toLog("GDI+ Unloaded")
COM_AtlAxWinTerm() 
COM_CoUninitialize() 
COM_Term() 
toLog("COM Standard Library Unloaded")

Loop, 5
if (hideCursor = "true")
SystemCursor("On")
Process, Exist, %hyperpinexe%
PID := errorLevel
if (PID) {
; activate hyperpin
Sleep 1000
Process, Exist, HGlass1.exe
PID1 := errorLevel
if (PID1) {
	Winactivate HGlass1
	WinWaitActive HGlass1
}
WinActivate, ahk_pid %PID%
WinWaitActive, ahk_pid %PID%
Sleep 1000
Click
} else if (hideTaskbar = "true") {
; show taskbar if there is no hyperpin
WinShow ahk_class Shell_TrayWnd
WinShow Start ahk_class Button
}

;to debug script uncomment the pause
;Pause
ExitApp

OnExit, ExitScript
return

this helps to bring hp in focus after the game exits

blinking is still there but at least you get focus

if blinking could be removed it would be great

so anyone with vin 7 who has focus problems - you can try this fix and let me know if it helps

the other problem i found with new laptop with win 7 is - in vp ball is always on top of flippers - if somebody has some solution for that - please shoot :)

Edited by blur

soft rendering solved ball over flippers problem, and it is still fast enough - so it's ok for now, untill intel does some better driver for win7

for black screen and blinking, didn't find any solution yet. it seams like it has something to do with screen auto detection, i think if i could turn screen auto detection off there would be no blinking, but didn't find a way to turn off screen auto detection in win 7

i remember that some people said they have 20-30 seconds pause when they exit to hyperpin, regarding that my pause is quite ok, only few seconds

Edited by blur

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I am on Windows 7 and I also have these slow issues in Hyperpin.

It lasts 10 seconds to enter HP, and about 20 seconds to quit a table.

My main specs are

i5 2300

gtx 560 2 gb ddr5, driver 285.61

1 ssd crucial m4 64 go

2 screens

with managing 1 screen i don't have this problem but I'll run in a cab soon so I really want to have this fixed before my cab is finished.

Tried to change defaults values in the CG menu but it doesn't change much.

What else can I try?

that problem probably won't be fixed before you finish your cab, since it is some strange hyperpin / win7 / multi monitors problem and maybe even totally win7 oriented so microsoft should look into it

only thing that could be fixed is focus problem - i added some kind of super triple check that checks three times if hyperpin is active and does that in a loop

i'm tuning the script a little - generally it works - but every now and then i don't get focus so i tune script a bit and then test again

but that will fix only focus, not the waiting time - wait time will still be probably same as before

But is it the case for everybody that is running on windows 7 with multiple displays?

I'm not sure and if not we need to find out what is different between OS configurations.

It was working fine for me in the beginning, and appeared from one day to another, I can't recall if I modified..

I will try when I have time to reinstall Windows 7 without optimizing anything and see.

There is a heap of threads dicussing the XP vs Win7. (Is no one using Vista???:hmmmm2::D) From what I have read, some tables love XP, some love Win7 but there is the 10 - 15 second lag when HP first starts.

My Win7 is the same as you descibe Blur, with only a few seconds to exit a table.

Let us know if you get Bill Gates to look into this for us :D ... Or should we just wait to see how it runs on Windows 8?? :banghead:

I'm running Win 7 - 64bit and I do see the flashing, but table loading/exiting just takes a couple seconds. Hyperpin boots right up, no delay. I do see a bit of a delay in the wheel turning.

One thing I've started to notice lately is that Hyperpin isn't coming back into focus after exit, or sometimes the table isn't in focus when a table is loaded. I didn't used to have this issue at all, and no particular changes have been made to make it start doing this.

All of this may in fact be part of the same issue as the inability to take a screen cap.