Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Decals and Printing for your Hyperpin Cabinet

Lucian045

Showing off some custom artwork I created for a member on the forum for his upcoming build. The yellow line in the drawing is his Ginormous 3" siderails!!! This is designed for an old Playboy Machine he gutted. Gave me free reign on the design based on the movie Transformers. Hard to see but Optimus is firing a pinball :)

svmkhl.jpg

25r16ox.jpg

eilgmq.jpg

Looks great!!! Oh wait, those are mine! Seriously though, Brad does fantastic work and I CANNOT WAIT to get these on the machine. I think I'm more excited to have a cool looking cab then to actually play the game!!

Again big props to Brad!

-Lyle

Complete!

post-45651-142870575386_thumb.jpg

Edited by lbeckm3

Nice. Can't wait to see the final build. Is there backbox art as well? Nice touch with Optimus firing a pinball. Too bad it's not G1 with Megatron blasting one out of his arm cannon....

The side pieces showing Optimus and Megatron are the sides fo the back box. He had a unique backbox because of the age of the original machine.

Thanks Numiah for the compliment! Still working on my Photoshop skills but for 2-3 hours worth of work I think it's pretty decent. I have mastered Illustrator, but some things are easier to accomplish in Photoshop. :)

My artwork was delivered today and it looks great. Many thanks to Lucian, he did a great job with the printing. I would really recommend him to anyone else looking to get their artwork printed. :top:

Thanks DeeGor, your artwork design was top notch, files were perfect. Looking forward to seeing the final build.

• 2 weeks later...

INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING

Just sent out some decals that weighed in at 4 lbs. Decals went to Great Britain and the cost for Priority International 3-5 shipping was $60. ($50 with no tracking which I would not recommend.) Had some people from other countries interested in knowing this. Completing custom forms is a pain but I am willing to do it if you are willing to pay the shipping. Thanks everyone.

Lucian045 wondering if your only doing pin cabs or if your doing standup cabs as well.

I can do your standup cab, I just don't have a package price because cab sizes are generally different sizes. I just did 2 full side decals for a couple of members machines. Give me a shout if you need something and I will give you a quote.

• 1 month later...
Just curious for those of you that have gone this route, where in the world do you get a 720dpi x 50inch = 36000 pixel wide images??

Not really sure what you are asking here, but anything over 300 dpi is kinda overkill for a pinball machine or cabinet. If you are looking for clear images to use, anything over 1 meg in size should be adaquate enough to enlarge for a 50 inch long pinball side. Hope this helps.

Not really sure what you are asking here, but anything over 300 dpi is kinda overkill for a pinball machine or cabinet. If you are looking for clear images to use, anything over 1 meg in size should be adaquate enough to enlarge for a 50 inch long pinball side. Hope this helps.

Thanks.

The OP stated the decals were printed in 720dpi. I was assuming the source images, optimally, were being supplied in this resolution.

Thanks.

The OP stated the decals were printed in 720dpi. I was assuming the source images, optimally, were being supplied in this resolution.

The printer prints at 720 dpi but that does not mean the source material has to be. All it means is the machine will lay down 720 dpi in ink on the material. There is a noticable difference between 360 and 720 dpi as far as ink coverage on the material goes, but resolution for graphics should not be any higher than 300 dpi. 200 is the norm and 72 dpi is the industry standeard for vehicle graphics, but anything viewed close up should be between 200-300 dpi when editing in photoshop or any other raster based program.

• 4 weeks later...

OK so I have a noob question. Are people using a generic template for the dimensions of the artwork for their cab, or are they measuring out their own cabinets? I ask this because i see people are having other people do the artwork for them. I am going to attempt to create my own in photoshop (or at least play around with ideas).

Thanks

You really should have a template of your cabinet before you start any artwork. If you don't, the design will/may not fit how you want it to on your build.

Yes, in retrospect it was a bad question. I took measurements, but what I was really trying to ask was how that converts to Photoshop (for instance). Do I make a photoshop picture that is 300dpi and 50" x 20" (for instance)? It seems like that would be very difficult to work with. I'm good with the program, but I've never done anything beyond poster size :)

Yes, in retrospect it was a bad question. I took measurements, but what I was really trying to ask was how that converts to Photoshop (for instance). Do I make a photoshop picture that is 300dpi and 50" x 20" (for instance)? It seems like that would be very difficult to work with. I'm good with the program, but I've never done anything beyond poster size :)

Once you have your template in photoshop to full size, scale it 50% to make it easier to work with. Just remember when it's completed to either re-scale it back to 100%, or let who ever is printing your file know that your artwork is only 50% in size and it needs to be scaled up. 200 dpi is all you will need for resolution, unless the images you use are really low in quality. A 20" x 50" area is really not that big to work with in photoshop. Hope this helps.

So, in general, the side art should be around 10000x4000 minimum to 15000x6000 maximum?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
You really should have a template of your cabinet before you start any artwork. If you don't, the design will/may not fit how you want it to on your build.

Does anybody by chance have a template for the Mameroom/North Coast Customs Ultimate Arcade II cabinet? Since it's a kit cabinet it seems like maybe someone would already have made a template for it (though I don't know how many people besides myself actually have one).

Doesn't hurt to ask though!