Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Decals and Printing for your Hyperpin Cabinet

Lucian045

Any pointers as to what the wood surface should be primed with prior to applying the decals? Primer? Sizing?

I can't speak for all print media used by printing companies, but the stuff I offer does not require you to prime the wood. If the surface is smooth and free of wood dust no priming is needed. All holes in the wood should be filled then sanded smooth with fine sandpaper. If you feel like priming, make sure you apply a good smooth even coat. Then, when fully dried, lightly sand any imperfections and wipe clean.

Had some questions about Polycarbinate laminate:

To all those out there thinking about Polycarbinate laminant here is my two cents. It looks cool and has a nice textured feel to it, but I think it dulls the graphics just a little. Some may like that effect, but I prefer to have the artwork pop and stand out more especially since everyone is creating there own original artwork. The print and laminant I provide will withstand a good amount of abuse. Of course if you are going to go out of your way to try and scrath the print, all you will be doing is scrathing the laminate and you'll see some marks on the surface. The print itself will always be protected and being that the laminate I provide is 3.5 mils thick, you really have to go the extra mile to damage it. Polycarbinate laminate is very durable yes, but really it's designed to go on control panels where hundreds of people will be playing the machine. To really protect your graphic on the control panel, you should cut a clear plastic top to lay over the graphic. Again, just my two cents. My hands are all over the sides of my Pinball Machine everyday for 2 hours since I built it in March. No problems, no discoloration, no lifting.

Currently working on a new print for a member on the forum. Was not happy with the black background color printed so I have been experimenting with color profiles. Found an awesome profile that not only prints deep color, but amazing black! So much so I think I might re-do my own graphics. I have been getting a lot of response from members on the forum. I just want to thank you all and I hope those you have recieved graphics from me are extremely happy. My next project will be a Hyperspin cabinet or at the very least a pedistal control panel.

• 2 weeks later...

Any idea on a ball park figure for postage to Australia?

I wont hold you to it:deal::)

Would prefer to get my artwork done by someone who actually knows what I am wanting instead of a printing place that does prints, if you know what I mean.

Any idea on a ball park figure for postage to Australia?

I wont hold you to it:deal::)

Would prefer to get my artwork done by someone who actually knows what I am wanting instead of a printing place that does prints, if you know what I mean.

PM me your address and I'll try and figure out what shipping would be based on a set of pinball decals.

If you have the size and weight (tube?) I most likely could calculate shipping costs.

I think with USPS it's around 80-ish bucks using express mail international..

I agree with Thommo, I'd rather pay extra for someone who knows what he's doing then having the fuss with a local printer to have him reprint 3 times.

The last set of decals I sent out wieghed about 7-8 pounds and cost $18 to ground ship to the middle of the US. So figure a tube with decals should weigh no more than 10lbs. Shipping will be from this zip code in Connecticut 06460. I am more than happy to provide decals to anyone outside the US as long as they are aware of shipping costs and also if they require a proof sent, the time it will take to get you your decals will be longer.

Thanks for the info Lucian. Any idea how long your tubes normally are that you ship in?

Just looking at some prices which are a bit far fetched for UPS and fedex etc. Not sure what a realistic lenght for a tube would be though.

Not ready for any art work as yet. Work in progress. But would be great to know what I would be up for if I wnet through yourself. (i.e. squirel away from the wife ;) )

Just received my decals from Lucian045 today. They're awesome. The black is nice and deep and the colors and quality are above expectations.

Keep in mind if you order decals from him and live in a cold weather climate, let the package sit for several hours before opening and unrolling - long story, but worth your patience.

post-31751-142870573792_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
hi lucian you sent any to uk yet ? was wondering what would cost shipping and taxes

also delivery times,im getting very fed up with suppliers over here been waiting over 3 weeks for a sample and they still havent given me a price to how much it will cost. :)

I have not yet, but what I can tell you is the size of the tube is as follows:

36"L x 4"w x 4"h weight is 3lbs

My ship postal code is 06460

I just did UPS and used this postal code AB10 1AY. Price came out to $146!!!! Ouch. Might be a better way. Will be more than happy to look into it or maybe someone can do a little research on shipping carries. USPS gave me a price of $45-$85, but I will have to check if I can send a tube at the size I have for that price.

Fixing to start my hyperpin build just getting a couple more componets to get going. I sent my artwork files to Brad and he was excellent to deal with. Got the cabinet decals in yesterday and man I cannot believe the quality of the print detail and durability these things have. I have been installing pinball cabinet decals on williams and bally machines for some time now.....I have used them from several pinball suppliers and yes they may come screenprinted for actual reproduction artwork decals for pinball machines but I have to say, they are very thin, easily damaged with very light impact and cost $300.00 plus per set. I never knew you could get custom designed art for a pinball machine printed for what Brad is charging much less on a durable print media that is easily installed and protected from damage with the laminate. I dont have any other companies that I can compare to the job that Brad does other than decals for real machines I have done. But the service he provides and customer interaction is worth twice the price he is charging for sure!

Thanks again Brad for all of your help and for the forums for posting this sticky so I could find your service!

post-7166-142870573867_thumb.jpg

post-7166-142870573885_thumb.jpg

post-7166-142870573887_thumb.jpg

Edited by awassig