Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Mameman CNC Fun

mameman

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
very nice mameman. And seeing as you dont live that far, I might have to make the drive up and get something from you. A nice big winged wheel comes to mind :)

cool idea, had not thought of a large redwings logo :)

hmmm. where did i put that sheet....

Hey mameman... I've been looking for someone with some CNC skills. I'm looking to have a panel made that has inputs for all original console controls. Such as:

2 x Nintendo NES

2 or 4 x Super NES

2 or 4 x Sega Genesis/Atari 2600

4 x Nintendo 64

4 x USB

4 x Dreamcast

and a couple others that I can't think of right now. I need a panel created that has the proper cutouts so the original controllers can be plugged in. My issue is that I can't figure out the sizes for the proper control port cutouts.

Hey mameman... I've been looking for someone with some CNC skills. I'm looking to have a panel made that has inputs for all original console controls. Such as:

2 x Nintendo NES

2 or 4 x Super NES

2 or 4 x Sega Genesis/Atari 2600

4 x Nintendo 64

4 x USB

4 x Dreamcast

and a couple others that I can't think of right now. I need a panel created that has the proper cutouts so the original controllers can be plugged in. My issue is that I can't figure out the sizes for the proper control port cutouts.

so are you saying the panel needs to have the female/male version of what the control has so you can have a central place to plug each of these in? I assume that from this opposite control panel each one would extend back to the device itself?

making the panel to accept these in thin aluminum and even engraving it is not that difficult. finding the correct connectors maybe more so. unless i guess you cut up enough machines to harvest the connectors. This also assumes they have a acceptable way of mounting them to the panel and are not cast into the housing. did they make extenstion game controler cables for most of those over the decades?

rather than stick these posts in one of the build threads, I thought I'd create a thread with some of my latest CNC fun :)

Zeb, mentioned fake coin doors this afternoon, an hour later we have this!

have not tried it yet but the coin eject holes should be cut to accept the plastic inserts you can get so with a coat of black and a couple cheap inserts it would probably look fairly convincing.

Wow. Just... wow. :)

so are you saying the panel needs to have the female/male version of what the control has so you can have a central place to plug each of these in? I assume that from this opposite control panel each one would extend back to the device itself?

making the panel to accept these in thin aluminum and even engraving it is not that difficult. finding the correct connectors maybe more so. unless i guess you cut up enough machines to harvest the connectors. This also assumes they have a acceptable way of mounting them to the panel and are not cast into the housing. did they make extenstion game controler cables for most of those over the decades?

I have a pretty vast collection of extension cables and salvaged ports from consoles. My idea is to keep all my controllers original since I still have working consoles for them. I have several homemade adapters that use chips from Raphnet to connect via USB. I have a couple adapters from retrousb.com.

I have a pretty vast collection of extension cables and salvaged ports from consoles. My idea is to keep all my controllers original since I still have working consoles for them. I have several homemade adapters that use chips from Raphnet to connect via USB. I have a couple adapters from retrousb.com.

sounds like a plan, draw up what you are thinking it should look like and send it over will see what i think i could do with it.

That's too cool. I'm way jealous.

you lego build just jump started my project with all the detail, diagrams and your shopping list. and i related to you right away:beerglass::beerglass: cause i too have no idea on the wiring side. thx for posting you did a great job.

you lego build just jump started my project with all the detail, diagrams and your shopping list. and i related to you right away:beerglass::beerglass: cause i too have no idea on the wiring side. thx for posting you did a great job.

Thanks Kizam. I'm glad it helped. I was hoping some people would find it useful.

@Mameman - That speaker panel is sick. Nice frackin job.

Archived