Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Mameman CNC Fun

mameman

0112101604t.th.jpg

7 month`s guess you cant start em too early.

Ps I made the bartop not the child!.

lol

i like your tron cab in your pics

i'm trying to find the plans for a 1:1 tron cab as i have the plastic bezel for one and thought it would a cool addition to my arcade.

i may have to break down and pay brett over on the klov forum to build me a cab.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have this, can not seem to find the original site it came from though sorry.

yeah i found that same one a little while back, i may have to use it also. surprising there is not more out there given i have seen a number of builds.

• 3 weeks later...

busy of late working on BSG and running 3 P2k builds at the same time.

here's a couple of pics, finally got around to programming some slots for my p2k heads so they are a snap to assemble. will work on a flat pack kit if anyone is interested.

3932d5da.jpg

3ab2ac09.jpg

64968eb9.jpg

also throwing a little branding on the cabs :)

DSC_0003.jpg

Terrific work! Awesome idea offering pin2k flat packs, hopefully others will join the pin2k ranks!

I am looking forward to see your progress on your pin2ks. If I recall you said an RFM and SWE1 design?

Yup, working on a p2k for a client, and also working on the EP1 and RFM P2k i have been wanting to do for sometime.

also in the design phase right now for a new pk2 style cab that should be pretty sweet. keeping that one under wraps at the mo ;) lets just say there is a ton of CNC work on this design.

awesome - really like the p2k builds. Very impressed with your playfield mount system and the quality of your work. I was about to start a pin2k build but having concerns now that samsung have dropped the 37" screens in the 2012 lineup. Are you building for 37" screens or have you modified the the width to suit a larger screen? Would be interested in a flat pack kit, but the shipping to Australia would be excessive. Could you post the plans so we could make it ourselves, as you stated in a few threads that the tron cabinet wasn't exactly a P2k, and I would really like to use RFM decals. Also I'm very interested to see your new p2k design.

from Mike

Thanks Mike.

have not looked much at screen size. but to be honest its pretty easy. the only real change is the width of the cabs front,back and bottom and the same parts in the head. since the 37 screen is really shorter than it needs to be the 42 would work well. only draw back is you would need to switch up to a widebody lockbar which adds cost and looses some originality if you have to use an aftermarket one. that said the new design i am working on i maybe able to address that issue. The other thing is you would probably want to move from a 24' backglass to a 26 or 27 to make sure you don't have too much deadspace around that screen. right now the 24" does the job perfect on a std width cab.

The head on tron was a little smaller than std. i have updated my plans to around 98% accuracy and will test that out when i put the RFM decals on mine. if that looks ok, i will look at updating the plans online.

I could also do 1/4" templates for those DIY's who like the feel of a jigsaw in their hands, shipping would be less but of course you loose the ease of a slotted assembly.

Mameman, Thanks for the response

Looking at a 40" playfield, as 42" screens here are not a common size. TV sizing is 32,40,46. In between sizes are either not available or uneconomical.

Templates - nice idea, using a router with a copy trim bit (cutter with wheel) to cut out the patterns we could all have high quality cabs using your designs.

If you made the templates as small as possible with only the critical curves, shapes etc cut in them, with plans showing where to place each item, this may make shipping costs overseas practical.

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

mameman,

I am blown away by the pieces you are creating. Amazing work.

I am very interested in having a pincab kit made. I live in Ontario (about 1 hour from Port Huron). How far are you from Port Huron? I have no problem driving and picking it up. I will PM you if you are still making kits for people.

Thanks

mameman,

I am blown away by the pieces you are creating. Amazing work.

I am very interested in having a pincab kit made. I live in Ontario (about 1 hour from Port Huron). How far are you from Port Huron? I have no problem driving and picking it up. I will PM you if you are still making kits for people.

Thanks

About an hour away from Port Huron. pm me with what your looking for. Got a bit of a backlog at the moment (4 on the go) but can look at getting you into the queue.

I have reduced down the offerings lately, and I'm pretty much only doing the cabinet work and screen fitting. PC, wiring and the rest is down to the owner to install.

Greg

Archived