Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Mameman CNC Fun

mameman

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cool where did you get your styrene?

I need to get some to cut the skins

I bought mine at the hobby store locally. If you have a hobby store that sells Model Airplane stuff... They will have it. Otherwise there are several online that sell it. Like this place http://www.evergreenscalemodels.com/Sheets.htm

Once you get the skins cut for yourself, I may get you to do me a set too. It looks a bit tedious to try by hand.

YEa, he is a good sized bugger when finished. I built a lifesize papercraft R2 a few years ago.

R2 was going to be my first major project on my CNC Router, but at this rate it may be a few years before I get it built. I just do not have the room for what I want to build atm.

CNC was idle for a short time today so i figured i'd add some detail to the back of the head of Randy's flat pack ;) hope he likes. just needs a little light sanding to clear up the fluff.

null-6.jpg

Sweet! Transformers is close to my heart, since I worked on the last two movies, but here are some news for you: we started working on some pre-production stuff for the 4th one, so yeah, more Transformers in the horizon! ;)

-Kris

LMAO. Not helping my cause here. ;)

@Mameman.... If i were to build a cnc router for my very own (Machine building is what i do so should be sweet) (The Question...) is a cutting are of 1250 x 650 big enough for most of the stuff you do? Other than cutting full cab sides etc......

LMAO. Not helping my cause here. ;)

@Mameman.... If i were to build a cnc router for my very own (Machine building is what i do so should be sweet) (The Question...) is a cutting are of 1250 x 650 big enough for most of the stuff you do? Other than cutting full cab sides etc......

2 x4 is pretty small so pretty limiting.

You also need to look at the software costs, that ain't cheap either.

• 1 month later...

null_zps28ce4ac0.jpg

Which Dr. Who machine is that? Is that your virtual pinball cab or your real Dr. Who pinball? In either case, why is it all torn apart? Is that head going on that machine permanently or are you just using it to test if the head would fit? Also, what machine is that in the background with the gold lockbar?

its my original dr who VP. its been apart for sometime now since i robbed it of a few parts. I would have done some testing on the real dr who, but really did not want to disconnect all the wiring to take the head off. Just a test, i'm either going to sell the dr who bare cab or redo the head and rebuild it. its got a UK 32" monitor in the head currently and requires a converter.

machine in the back is the star trek 25th replica VP i am working on. the gold lockbar/side rail cab is another p2k that i started building for myself. it has the gold plated lockbar/side rails and real p2k buttons. not sure if i will put the original star wars artwork on it or not since they did do some gold versions.

machine in the back is the star trek 25th replica VP i am working on. the gold lockbar/side rail cab is another p2k that i started building for myself. it has the gold plated lockbar/side rails and real p2k buttons. not sure if i will put the original star wars artwork on it or not since they did do some gold versions.

I was looking at possibly getting gold lockbar, legs, siderails, etc. for my build but the prices scared me away.

Archived