Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

ITT-We build the smallest/ portable Hyperspin build.

LSDguy

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any luck LSD?

I'm still waiting on my stick to arrive. I have the old version and new version of Hyperlaunch all setup in my package so hopefully I can get one of them to work with it. Sounds like you're having issues with the new version.

Tapatalked from my Note 3

Hey dudes,

Sorry I haven't posted a video. Work is busy. Field trip coming up. I ran into a snag last night. I tried to run hyperspin but all I get is a blank screen.

Being that it is windows 8.1 I think it has to do with .net frame work 3.5 which windows won't download and install automatically. I think Because windows can not be "activated". The activation problem i think stems from the windows activation code being no good...that's China for you.

Also hyper launch hq is giving me a Hyperlaunch.dll is missing error even though it's there.

I tried a standalone installer for .net 3.5 but it was corrupted during install.

Any thoughts?

Know of a better place to download the standalone installer?

Anyone have similar issues with windows 8.1?

I'll post a video later for clarification.

Here's the original link to .Net framework 3.5 let's hope this is the only problem.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=25150

Hello Everyone!!!

So I somehow found this thread on theses here internets. I ordered a MeeGoPad last night. After watching it on youtube I had to have one for my backpack.

I am about to order accessories I may need. I do however how a few questions.

1. Can someone post a link to a xbox 360 dongle. This is something I looked into ordering before but got too confused and never pulled the trigger because I did not want to buy the wrong one.

2. What accessories do I really need. Everything listed on page 7 of this thread?

- And a class 10 Micro SD card (for addicitional space on board)

- micro USB to USB converter? (for other USB devices)

- male ---> Female HDMI (display) (still dont know why this is really needed)

Keyboard - I like LSDguys' Logictech k400 but i also like the keyboard from the video the Rii 2.4 ghz http://www.amazon.com/Rii-Wireless-Touchpad-Keyboard-Android/dp/B00B9996LA/ref=sr_1_12?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1422504831&sr=1-12&keywords=keyboard+bluetooth+mouse BUT in the end i may just get this http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-All-In-One-Media-Keyboard-N9Z-00001/dp/B00IICMUWS/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1422504941&sr=1-2&keywords=k400&pebp=1422504942851&peasin=B00IICMUWS

3. LSDguy - will you be giving a step by step tutorial on what exact mods you are making to OS, windows.

- A list of drivers we will need. ( would be nice to package this for future users)

I don't have any experience in Hyperspin. I have a nice computer at home with tons of space.

If anyone has any good crash course guides for Hyperspin I would be so very grateful!!!

Thanks and look forward to getting this up and running!!!

Hello Everyone!!!

So I somehow found this thread on theses here internets. I ordered a MeeGoPad last night. After watching it on youtube I had to have one for my backpack.

I am about to order accessories I may need. I do however how a few questions.

1. Can someone post a link to a xbox 360 dongle. This is something I looked into ordering before but got too confused and never pulled the trigger because I did not want to buy the wrong one.

2. What accessories do I really need. Everything listed on page 7 of this thread?

- And a class 10 Micro SD card (for addicitional space on board)

- micro USB to USB converter? (for other USB devices)

- male ---> Female HDMI (display) (still dont know why this is really needed)

Keyboard - I like LSDguys' Logictech k400 but i also like the keyboard from the video the Rii 2.4 ghz http://www.amazon.com/Rii-Wireless-Touchpad-Keyboard-Android/dp/B00B9996LA/ref=sr_1_12?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1422504831&sr=1-12&keywords=keyboard+bluetooth+mouse BUT in the end i may just get this http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-All-In-One-Media-Keyboard-N9Z-00001/dp/B00IICMUWS/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1422504941&sr=1-2&keywords=k400&pebp=1422504942851&peasin=B00IICMUWS

3. LSDguy - will you be giving a step by step tutorial on what exact mods you are making to OS, windows.

- A list of drivers we will need. ( would be nice to package this for future users)

I don't have any experience in Hyperspin. I have a nice computer at home with tons of space.

If anyone has any good crash course guides for Hyperspin I would be so very grateful!!!

Thanks and look forward to getting this up and running!!!

I appreciate your excitement. The items listed on page 7 are a step in the right direction. Wireless 360 dingle can be found on newegg and amazon with official windows PC 360 controller. Read the reviews for a best choice.

As far as step by step goes. I'll address my problems publicly and continue to seek the community's advice. Through trial and error we can iron out the kinks together.

Hyperspin is not, at least in my case, a crash course kind of hobby. It really is kind of rewarding pain in the neck, scratch your head, kick your dog hobby. If you search and lurk and ask questions politely you'll begin to figure it out bro.

LSDguy

Your video above is set to Private I believe.

On a side note, on a new PC tonight I tested my old Hyperspin/Hyperlaunch package which includes NES, SNES, and Genesis along with Xpadder and profiles for 2 Xbox 360 controllers. It worked perfectly. This was a fresh Windows 7 install. All I had to do was copy the package from USB to the PC, install VLC (included in the package), install Xbox 360 wireless controller driver (included in the package) & sync controller, install Xpadder (included in package)...and boom...profiles for Xpadder loaded automatically from the config and away we went! It's 13.7GB in size.

I appreciate your excitement. The items listed on page 7 are a step in the right direction. Wireless 360 dingle can be found on newegg and amazon with official windows PC 360 controller. Read the reviews for a best choice.

As far as step by step goes. I'll address my problems publicly and continue to seek the community's advice. Through trial and error we can iron out the kinks together.

Hyperspin is not, at least in my case, a crash course kind of hobby. It really is kind of rewarding pain in the neck, scratch your head, kick your dog hobby. If you search and lurk and ask questions politely you'll begin to figure it out bro.

My dog runs every time I power up my cab....lol

LSDguy

Your video above is set to Private I believe.

On a side note, on a new PC tonight I tested my old Hyperspin/Hyperlaunch package which includes NES, SNES, and Genesis along with Xpadder and profiles for 2 Xbox 360 controllers. It worked perfectly. This was a fresh Windows 7 install. All I had to do was copy the package from USB to the PC, install VLC (included in the package), install Xbox 360 wireless controller driver (included in the package) & sync controller, install Xpadder (included in package)...and boom...profiles for Xpadder loaded automatically from the config and away we went! It's 13.7GB in size.

Thanks set to public bro

Awesome was doing some reading and windows 7 may not work on the meego sm due to the gpt drive it uses. Afraid to test don't want to brick meego

Thanks set to public bro

Awesome was doing some reading and windows 7 may not work on the meego sm due to the gpt drive it uses. Afraid to test don't want to brick meego

If you attempt to install Windows 7, this might solve the gpt issue:

Is Hyperspin still not working in Windows 8?

If you attempt to install Windows 7, this might solve the gpt issue:

Is Hyperspin still not working in Windows 8?

I'm not sure if it's purely a windows 8 thing or has to due with the fact that this is not an activated version. I tried to rearm the activation using the slmgr -rearm. Seemed to work but didn't. When I try to install the .net 3.5 frame I get the error " Could not install component store corruption" with an error code. I ran a DISM.exe repair/ restorehealth command but even that ended with an error #605. So...I'll check that GPT windows seven installation video above and check it out. I'll keep you guys posted later tonight.

Time to educate some student!

Much Love,

Steve

NOTE;

First I'll try a factory reset

Just been playing catch up with all this.

A few things I notice. Tha Meego blurb describes giving you a better life, has that happened yet?

It maybe a windows 8 thing, but over here on windows 7 I don't have Net Framework 3.5 only version 4.5.1.

The Meego supports dual boot.

The other thing I was going to mention was just trying to get Hyperspin to run, but I see you tried that. Looking into what's required to run it, flash is the only thing that is mentioned. Is flash installed, if not also consider installing Firefox, I'm not sure if you would get the scrambled video issue.

Next up get Mame running as well, I wouldn't worry too much about getting Hyperlaunch running, initially get Hyperspin working and get Mame working from Hyperspin without Hyperlaunch.

Just some thoughts.

It certainly looks slick and quite snappy with the windows. I'm surprised your not getting nagged if the activation key is invalid.

I also read somewhere that you can put Android on it, now that would be a cool dual boot.

The one I have coming in the mail I bought off eBay has Windows and Android 4.4 on it. We'll see how it works.

Archived