Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

ITT-We build the smallest/ portable Hyperspin build.

LSDguy

LSD

Amazing I see this...my MeegoPad is in the mail and on the way..I ordered it on 1/3/2015 I think.

I already have a Foxconn NT-535 Nettop (with 4gb of ram and an SSD), which is about the size of a 7' tablet or a small book...and it works great. But the meegopad is just a stick, has a better processor, and I was amazed by it when I saw it so I had to get one.

The crazy thing is, I ordered mine on eBay and it comes with Windows 8.1 AND Android 4.4 dual boot install with a button built into the software that you can click to switch between Windows and Android in real time....If this works like it's supposed to...I will be amazed.

I actually just finished my Mini Hyperspin setup. It's 20GB in size, contains NES, SNES, and Sega Genesis...all wheel images, backgrounds, videos, genre wheel images, genre backgrounds, all roms working, save states working for each emu, etc...and keymappings for 2 Xbox 360 controllers. I plan on using it on a micro SD card within the meegopad...we'll see how that goes.

Let us know how Hyperspin is running on it.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LSD

Amazing I see this...my MeegoPad is in the mail and on the way..I ordered it on 1/3/2015 I think.

I already have a Foxconn NT-535 Nettop (with 4gb of ram and an SSD), which is about the size of a 7' tablet or a small book...and it works great. But the meegopad is just a stick, has a better processor, and I was amazed by it when I saw it so I had to get one.

The crazy thing is, I ordered mine on eBay and it comes with Windows 8.1 AND Android 4.4 dual boot install with a button built into the software that you can click to switch between Windows and Android in real time....If this works like it's supposed to...I will be amazed.

I actually just finished my Mini Hyperspin setup. It's 20GB in size, contains NES, SNES, and Sega Genesis...all wheel images, backgrounds, videos, genre wheel images, genre backgrounds, all roms working, save states working for each emu, etc...and keymappings for 2 Xbox 360 controllers. I plan on using it on a micro SD card within the meegopad...we'll see how that goes.

Let us know how Hyperspin is running on it.

That's awesome! I'm looking forward to a post with some detailed images or video! Very nice to meet you by the way! The dual boot Andriod version sounds awesome! It' be great if you had torrent ready with all of the Hyperspin data for easy sharing on the site! I have my setup but not even I have save states working via HyperPause correctly. Thanks so much for the size estimate! 20gigs is very doable with the 64gb sd card I have plus the 20gig available on the meego!

I'm looking forward to getting the systems you mention going as well as Mame (which would be a large chunk of data.) But we shall see! Also looking forward to testing some higher level systems like n64 ... just for shits and giggles.

Thanks again,

Steve

Relax night. Mess with RetroArch, much joy. Shower, don robes of the finest silk. Decide to make some warm green tea with peach and honey before bed. Meticulously boil water, create delicious warm soothing tea concoction. Sit down at PC to mingle a bit before bed. See this thread in new posts. Open. Stuff finally came in, good for LSD. Oh, video is already up. Open video and spit delicious green tea all over my robe and monitor within 15 seconds.

Thanks guys.

Ok, I don't actually have a silk robe. It's cotton from Walmart. But the tea is real and so is my monitor.

Looks great for the money, just a copy of Windows 8 is a chunk of cash.

You should be able to power that thing with any USB OTG charger (your phone charger) they output 5 volts at 1.5 or 2 amps.

Thanks, gigs! I've plenty of those lying around which is great! This will make a great vacation device! Looking forward to moving forward tonight!

Use torrent sync for saves.

This looks extremely promising. I got my sister a raspberry pi for Christmas to run XBMC but raspbmc has been super unstable lately. Mine was solid as a rock for many months but since December it crashes all the time. Hers is no different, bad timing on that purchase.

Anyway, this would solve the problem if it works well enough. Even better she would have a browser and emulation too :D

Looking forward to seeing how suitable it is for the task.

Thanks for that brother! Didn't get to Google it family was coming over

No problem, just keep us posted, because I was thinking of using a meegopad T01 to replace the 12 year old Dell 2400 in my bartop arcade.

I guess my only question would be....the computer I am running at this moment needed an additional video card to get it up to the task and the specs are almost double on the system as a whole....Im wondering which systems will be excluded from the final build....or are you just using mame and cart based systems?

By the way....love the katamari music

I guess my only question would be....the computer I am running at this moment needed an additional video card to get it up to the task and the specs are almost double on the system as a whole....Im wondering which systems will be excluded from the final build....or are you just using mame and cart based systems?

By the way....love the katamari music

Genesis and nes first, and maybe snes, mame. The media files are killer Hard drive space hogs so...I'll just keep adding things until it's all full. Or close to it at least. I'll make a video whenever I add systems or games.

Right now I'll be leaving room to stress test the little thing with GameCube and n64...but first let's get hyperspin running ! :D I don't have high hopes for the high end stuff just cartridge based games on the go!

R..

How much hard drive space was free on it when it arrived LSD?

I got my NES, SNES, and Genesis package at about 16GB which includes roms, all wheel images, all videos, genres, all genre images... I'm working on finishing box art now for each system now, but that's not much extra space.

I have the older version of Hyperspin/Hyperlaunch and the newer version both working, but the older version is about 1GB smaller in total size I believe so I'll probably just use it.

Tapatalked from my Note 3

What a great thread. This is what I've wanted to do ever since I laid eyes on HyperSpin! Think i'll be going with the "Intel NUC Kit Celeron N2820 2.4GHz HDMI Barebone http://www.ebuyer.com/614389-intel-nuc-kit-celeron-n2820-2-4ghz-hdmi-barebone-boxdn2820fykh0

The above post got me thinking about my current problem, and one I see asked a fairly often, is what size HDD do I need! As the answer is so subjective I was thinking, if it already doesn't exist, that we could do with some sort of defined communal list that showed how much space was needed for each completed system. Example: emulator + full rom set + wheel/box/cartridge art + video snaps (from emu movies) = ???Mb/GB.

This way HS members could go through and choose which systems they have/wanted and get some sort of idea what size HDD they need!

Atari 2600 = ???Mb/GB

NES = ???Mb/GB

SNES = ???Mb/GB

SMS = ???Mb/GB

Gensis = ???Mb/GB

etc...

Thanks again "LSDguy" for the great thread!

Well I got all my box art done for each system (NES, SNES, and Genesis). Now I am debating on whether to do all the themes or not. Not really sure there as I sometimes like the simplicity of just the box art, plus everything loads quicker without doing themes. If you have any opinions on themes let me hear them please.

The total Hyperspin setup has been audited and I got it down to 16.7GB. Here is a breakdown of each system:

Nintendo Media - 3.56GB

Nintendo Roms+Emu - 1.0GB (760 roms)

Super Nintendo Media - 5.24GB

Super Nintendo Roms+Emu - 1.60GB (719 roms)

Sega Genesis Media - 2.31GB

Sega Genesis Roms+Emu - 687MB (779 roms)

I have manuals for some games in their specific Rom+Emu folder that is taking up some space. I could remove those as well as I don't really see a need for them honestly. Would save about 2GB in space:

NES Manuals - 552 = 923MB

SNES Manuals - 318 = 1.02GB

Sega Genesis Manuals - 89 = 148MB

Update:

After moving the game manuals to a folder on my PC so I still have them:

Old Hyperspin/Hyperlaunch setup - 13.7GB

New Hyperspin/Hyperlaunch setup - 14.7GB

The setups above include all systems & roms above, box art, wheel art, wheel videos, genre wheel art, genre background art.

Hey dudes,

Sorry I haven't posted a video. Work is busy. Field trip coming up. I ran into a snag last night. I tried to run hyperspin but all I get is a blank screen.

Being that it is windows 8.1 I think it has to do with .net frame work 3.5 which windows won't download and install automatically. I think Because windows can not be "activated". The activation problem i think stems from the windows activation code being no good...that's China for you.

Also hyper launch hq is giving me a Hyperlaunch.dll is missing error even though it's there.

I tried a standalone installer for .net 3.5 but it was corrupted during install.

Any thoughts?

Know of a better place to download the standalone installer?

Anyone have similar issues with windows 8.1?

I'll post a video later for clarification.

Hey Gigs,

I tried that and was prompted automatically. However during each download there was an error. I think due to note having a proper activation code. I'm going to give it another shot tonight or tomorrow...I may have date night with the wife to be.

Archived