Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

ITT-We build the smallest/ portable Hyperspin build.

LSDguy

These are great builds!! Thank you, just the case size is so big. Made need a custom case for the components.

The ecs liva is an all in one small box. Aside from the celeron processor, seems like a good way to go. Did you check it bro?

I'm thinking this, what are your thoughts?

http://www.amazon.com/ECS-Elitegroup-BAT-Mini-1-0-Desktop/dp/B00KX93WQW

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jokes apart, if you want to build something very little and cheap capable to run older systems you can try to dig into chinese ARM based boards with linux/android. There are some really interesting products...

Yeah very small and but definetly hyperspin. I want it to be very portable and windows based just to show myself it can be done.

I have the cooler master elite for my main build, see the video above! But that 99 dollar one should run hyperspin with cartridge based systems only just fine! I'll have to decide which one. Did you check out that ECS LIVA? Theres a used one for 98 bucks.

This is only $99 and you just gotta add memory.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KR0QHXW/ref=cm_cr_ryp_prd_ttl_sol_0

This review is neat and makes this look decent, shows game play in 3d and Dolphin gamecube emulator and discusses other emu and xbmx. Should work out great, now whats the cheapest ram and hd we can build this with? 50 bucks left after the purchase of the barebones kit. Will likely install windows 7 not 8.1.

• 3 weeks later...

thanks for this thread !

im totally new to hyperspin scene, looking for the cheapest and yet powerful enough pc to handle everything up to dreamcast emu (and beyond one day ?!?)

do you guys think this package from Amazon is good enough (if i buy the suggested RAM and SSD shown on this link)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KR0QHXW/ref=cm_cr_ryp_prd_ttl_sol_0

would love a swift straight answer or point me to the best option, i want to get building before xmas!!

thanks

The Brix looks pretty damn good and the review I watched with it running Dolphin looked impressive.

Apologies if this has been mentioned, but will it run Hyperspin and emulators with Hyperspin running in the background? We won't know until someone tries of course and I wouldn't be bothered if it didn't run Dolphin, Mame would do.

These would be great to take to parties and to your buddies house.

A good discussion, thanks HyperSteve.

I'm with u lsdguy, I want to see how doable it is and worth it. Cool idea

Not asking for a tutorial for building a computer, did u see how small that thing is circo? I'm trying to grasp what all u could even do inside of it in terms of upgrades..... Soooooo tiny

Look fwd to ur progress and report back

It looks to me like the Mac Mini actually beats the Brix in terms of power and they are both about the same amount of money, and it's smaller. Anyone smarter than me want to do versus between these two products (in terms of installation, actual specs, performance etc)?

I totally agree, LSDguy, awesome thread! When I first signed up for Hyperspin this is exactly what I had in mind for it. A small portable build that I could hook up in a hotel room or at a friends house. Of course, then I was also only interested in like 5 systems.... I have 95 now....

The struggle is real.

Archived