Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

ITT-We build the smallest/ portable Hyperspin build.

LSDguy

On a side note... My Meegopad dual boot Windows 8.1/Android 4.4 will be here today. Testing will begin tonight.

Update: After waiting 3 weeks to get my Meegopad, it won't boot into windows. Keep asking me to run recovery as windows didn't boot properly or it just boots to a blue screen and never loads. So mad right now...

Tapatalked from my Note 3

i am about to cancel my meegopad and go with the rasberry pi 1gb version... i seen alot of this lately and looke good enough for me so... boom ..,. http://sourceforge.net/projects/raspicade/

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes nice update.

For the video you must have a mixture of .flv and mp4 as the flv's seem to be working. So check this thread out to try and get the mp4 video working.

I can try and explain what you need to do. If your "Default" browser is say Firefox, go to Youtube, right click the video window and go to setting for Flash. Disable hardware acceleration. There is a patch in that thread somewhere, but if nothing works, just convert your mp4 vids to flv with http://emumovies.com/forums/index.php/files/file/1065-emumovies-video-converter/

Installing those codecs probably will make no difference because HS uses flash.

Make sure you get the emulator running outside of HS first, and turn down the quality settings in HyperHQ under Optimizer, so the themes speed up.

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/showthread.php?22735-Hyperspin-Intel-HD4000-No-Videos&p=367125#post367125

Next is Fusion and exiting the games. esc is used to switch between full and windowed mode in Fusion, you can't change it, so you may need to try another emu.

If you could get RetroArch to work then that would save you using lots of different emulators, you could just use RA; and it supports the 360 controller out of the box. Trouble is I don't know how it works without HyperLaunch.

If you could get RetroArch to work then that would save you using lots of different emulators, you could just use RA; and it supports the 360 controller out of the box. Trouble is I don't know how it works without HyperLaunch.

You can feed it a simple command line with a HyperHQ settings file. Here's an example:

[exe info]
path=..\Emulators\RetroArch\
rompath=..\..\Isos\Sony Playstation\
userompath=true
exe=retroarch.exe
romextension=m3u
parameters=-c Config\PSX.cfg
searchsubfolders=true
pcgame=false
winstate=HIDDEN
hyperlaunch=false

The core, rom/save/savestate/ect. directories and all other settings relevent to PSX are specified in my PSX.cfg, so I only need to tell HyperSpin to launch RetroArch with that config using the -c parameter. If you want to use a singular retroarch.cfg file and just switch the core per system, you'd use the parameter: -L /path/to/libretro/core.dll in each HyperHQ settings file.

You can also use --appendconfig to load a secondary RA config on top of your primary one. Any settings inside the secondary config overwrite those in the primary. That is useful for per game settings. For example, I use: "-c Config\PSX.cfg --appendconfig Config\PSX-DualShock.cfg" as the parameters in a HyperHQ settings file called Sony Playstation-DualShock.ini. The PSX-DualShock.cfg secondary config only contains the line "input_libretro_device_p1 = "517"" to enable DualShock. I also need to add the tag "<exe>Sony Playstation-DualShock</exe>" somewhere between <game></game> for each game that has analog support in my PSX xml so those games use the analog config.

I converted all my videos from mp4 to flv just to be safe. Just make them all the same resolution.. Should be fine.

I have ESC mapped to my triggers on my Xbox 360 controller and I can exit out of fusion just fine using them. I actually exit all my emulator and Hyperspin itself using the triggers mapped to ESC. If I run the emulator stand alone, it maximizes the screen, but if I run it from within Hyperspin, the trigger exits the emulator.

Here is what Fusion looks like in my Hyperspin setup on my i5/SSD machine.

That's a great setup I use ghtuchs script on my main system in the living room for all that. Yours is so fast it's neat!

The only issue here is without Hyperlaunch fusion functions differently. Or rather the way it normally would. But I'll just use a different emu. Because Hyperlaunch is not an option due to the .net framework 3.5 issue.

Retroarch as recommend by giga seems like a viable option but also seems a bit work intensive for a new Comer as demonstrated by Awakened s excellent post.

I'll give some of the new ideas a shot and get back with an update soon as possible!

I have ESC mapped to my triggers on my Xbox 360 controller and I can exit out of fusion just fine using them. I actually exit all my emulator and Hyperspin itself using the triggers mapped to ESC. If I run the emulator stand alone, it maximizes the screen, but if I run it from within Hyperspin, the trigger exits the emulator.

You could map the guide button as your escape button if you use AntiMicro instead of Xpadder as your keymapper.

Retroarch as recommend by giga seems like a viable option but also seems a bit work intensive for a new Comer as demonstrated by Awakened s excellent post.

It's a decent amount of learning and work initially setting up, but it ends up being a pretty clean, fast launching setup once it's done :D. And I've added an AntiMicro profile that lets me hold Select and press the shoulder buttons to turn the PC's volume up and down as an added convenience.

Really cool thread..

I've had similar ideas for awhile although my interest has been focused on ANDROID. I built a test-cabinet out of a gutted Space Duel with an NVIDIA Shield and it's actually pretty awesome.

WHY?

- Although I have an awesome PC MAME cabinet as well, I don't use it enough because it takes too damn long to boot (even with an SSD). Most often, I only have time for a few games before I have to leave. It's expensive to leave on all the time. The Android cabinet is always on standby, instant-on.

- Portability - I disconnect HDMI and USB connections and I can take it with me... I store smaller systems on SDCARD and have external USB HD for CDROM systems (that stays in the cabinet).

- Nvidia Shield devices have HDMI, and can run the majority of systems quite well... PSP, Playstation, and Dreamcast work great and are improving. Dolphin is getting there too. https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/archive/index.php?thread-37898.html.

Now I'm on a mission to get a great front-end working with it... I'll capture and post videos soon.

Very awesome! Looking forward to seeing it bro

LSD does your Meegopad have a trial version of Windows 8.1? Reading online, it sounds like that's why they are so cheap.. They all have a trial version of Windows.

I had to send mine back as it was all messed up.. Wouldn't even boot to windows. Not that I needed it with my i5 machine, but I like to tinker with stuff.

Archived