Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

ITT-We build the smallest/ portable Hyperspin build.

LSDguy

Mac mini is good. I would get the one with core duo 2.26. They are used for about 300 online but replacement power supplies are expensive are small drawback.

May also work better with other Bluetooth controllers.

One thing that would be great would be creating a Hyperspin circular logo to place over the apple logo. Would really brand the mini setup.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay fellas, may have gone and done something a little crazy....

I bought one of these devices, the MeegopadT01:http://www.gearbest.com/tv-box/pp_128507.html

From the website:

The Meegopad T01 is a tiny high parameter mini PC that connects your HDTV to a world of online entertainment. It’s the easiest way to enjoy online movies, live and on demand sports, music, photos, games, working and more. Besides this, real 1080P and supported, bring your unexpected experience.

Main Features:

● Features 2GB ROM, support TF / micro SD card up to 64GB

● The processor in this chip is Intel Bay Trail-T Quad Core, more stable and reliable

● Support WiFi, Bluetooth, easy to connect with other devices (computer, mobile phone, etc.)

● Operating system: Windows 8 (Can be upgrade to dual OS in later)

● Features two micro USB ports, support webcams and microphones to external hard drives and USB sticks

● Support HDMI connector to connect a home cinema, a Micro SD card slot, giving you the best possible connection

● Compact size of ease for carrying anywhere

video for reference:

I already spent the money, so...it's coming in the mail. As soon as it comes I'll post pics and show the process by which I will install HyperSpin and use your guys help to shell it for HyperSpin on boot. I have an extra xbox 360 wireless dongle so I'll install the controller drivers and use it. It comes with 32gb of storage but may also order an extra sd storage. I'll just install SNES or NES first to test. Hopefully it comes soon, standard shipping from the website above was 7-25 days......the waiting begins. I think I'll call it, "HyperStick"

I have not ordered the male/female hdmi cable. Wasn't sure which to buy. I bought this in bed on vacation on a whim. Maybe you can help with a link to good one from mono price? Or Amazon?

USB devices- initially the Logitech k400 for initial setup as it's a keyboard and mouse combo. You saw those in the home setup video I made. After all hyperspin is setup and working the xbox360 wireless receiver will be the only necessary attached device.

Thoughts?

Okay giga,

Just purchased all three:

The 3ft cable

The SD card

and this for the micro usb to usb:http://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-5in-Micro-Host-Adapter/dp/B00B4GGW5Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1419867749&sr=8-1&keywords=micro+usb+to+usb+adapter

Just got amazon prime, so these items should come sooner. Damn, amazon is addicting sometimes lol. Christmas should be over but it just isnt yet ; )

Sure hope the meego comes faster than expected.

Total cost is now around: $150

So it looks like the ones you got have a 1.3gh processor. It says a turbo capacity of 2.6gh. Will that cause overheating? (I'm unfamiliar with overclocking or turbo or whatever). Secondly, won't hyperspin with all the bells and whistles lag a bit even with it pushed to the 2.6? Lastly, tell me I can play N64 games on it plz.

Oh one last question... I mean are these small pcs meant to withstand being moved around a lot? I'd hate to think I'd buy this thing and then break it while using it for what I had originally purposed it for - a portable retrogaming rig.

Lostdays, pretty sure youre talking to me.

This is for cartridge based systems mostly. I'll test with n64 after I get a simple system like nes running. Even with the 64 gb sd card space will be limited given artwork and videos so I'll be selective. N64 may be a push that wasn't my plan, but I'll try it when I get the simple systems working.

This is a really new product and there isn't much out there on it yet. I doesn't look flimsy or breakable from the video but that's just speculation. When everything arrives we shall see.

I once ran hyperspin on my netbook from 2010 with 1gb of ram and it was as pretty functional, some/very little lag on menus. This is actually a little bit more powerful than that.

Lostdays, pretty sure youre talking to me.

This is for cartridge based systems mostly. I'll test with n64 after I get a simple system like nes running. Even with the 64 gb sd card space will be limited given artwork and videos so I'll be selective. N64 may be a push that wasn't my plan, but I'll try it when I get the simple systems working.

It does say it will accept external Hard drives, so if it were mine my goal would be to get an SSD attached, perhaps if power is an issue, in an external caddie. Otherwise you'll need to be very selective.

Absolutely brother gigs! these are all viable options after shelling and making sure it functions well. But the overall goal for me is portability with little peripherals and setup. Pull it out of a bag, plug it in and play.

I don't want to end up frankensteining the little guy in the beginning. Let's see what she can handle first.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived