Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Wii Remote as Light Gun. Mayflash Dolphin Bar is Great!

sjlewis78

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, I have been researching about setting up the dolphinbar on hyperspin. I just got yesterday the zapper for wii and now exited configure my gun games.

I know the this topic is old but my questions are related to this one.

It seems that in MAME the configuration is straight forward (kind of), but I have my MAME roms running trough Retroarch. Has anyone configured this on RA? if not, I think I may have to configure the lightgun games with MAME as alternative emulator. 

There is a thread on libreto about the dolphinbar but not sure if someone else here has had better luck configuring it.

If not, then I think I would create a system with a collection of gun games from all my systems and set them all with the emulator that does work with the dolphinbar, as I don't know if it works properly on RA. (For Godsake, I though RA was the best emulator around there and this flaw is a dealbreaker).

Is there a tutorial to configure the dolphin bar for other emulators, like NullDC, PCSX2?

• 1 month later...
On 26/04/2017 at 8:11 PM, badboo said:

Ok, I have been researching about setting up the dolphinbar on hyperspin. I just got yesterday the zapper for wii and now exited configure my gun games.

I know the this topic is old but my questions are related to this one.

It seems that in MAME the configuration is straight forward (kind of), but I have my MAME roms running trough Retroarch. Has anyone configured this on RA? if not, I think I may have to configure the lightgun games with MAME as alternative emulator. 

There is a thread on libreto about the dolphinbar but not sure if someone else here has had better luck configuring it.

If not, then I think I would create a system with a collection of gun games from all my systems and set them all with the emulator that does work with the dolphinbar, as I don't know if it works properly on RA. (For Godsake, I though RA was the best emulator around there and this flaw is a dealbreaker).

Is there a tutorial to configure the dolphin bar for other emulators, like NullDC, PCSX2?

Found any solution ? 

33 minutes ago, Teusan said:

Found any solution ? 

I haven't work on it yet to be honest. But given my research, I switched RA to MAME to run mame roms as it seems  to work better there. I have the light gun games on my bucket list, so I will configure it any time soon.

Just have been busy these weeks.

On 04/06/2017 at 3:36 PM, badboo said:

I haven't work on it yet to be honest. But given my research, I switched RA to MAME to run mame roms as it seems  to work better there. I have the light gun games on my bucket list, so I will configure it any time soon.

Just have been busy these weeks.

For PCSX2 you have nuvee ps2 usb plugin that works really fine. 

Look this out: http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=151385.0

I use Retroarch to emulate some 16 or 8 bits systems but I prefer using MameUI as a standalone so I can't help you with RA.

3 hours ago, Teusan said:

For PCSX2 you have nuvee ps2 usb plugin that works really fine. 

Look this out: http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=151385.0

I use Retroarch to emulate some 16 or 8 bits systems but I prefer using MameUI as a standalone so I can't help you with RA.

Thanks for the hint, I will do that with PCSX2.

You are right, for the light guns is better to use MAME. RA is great but not yet with dolphin bar features.

40 minutes ago, badboo said:

Thanks for the hint, I will do that with PCSX2.

You are right, for the light guns is better to use MAME. RA is great but not yet with dolphin bar features.

I did have to configure the nuvee plugin though, you may have to mess with calibration by modifying plugin's ini file. Took me a few  hours to find out: I could not aim the upper third of the screen. 

8 hours ago, Johno said:

can you use the wii remotes and the dolphin bar with American Laser games like Mad Dog Mcree and the PC Version of Big Buck Hunter?

I can't see why it wouldn't. At least I played PC Blue Estate without any problem. 

I will try these out in a few days when I'm back home.

As for Mad Dog McCree you could also try Wii version with Dolphin emulator, I don't have any issues with any game so far.

12 hours ago, Johno said:

can you use the wii remotes and the dolphin bar with American Laser games like Mad Dog Mcree and the PC Version of Big Buck Hunter?

You would set the Dolphin bar into pc mode so it acts as a mouse,  it should then work in mame or ALG ETC.

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/06/2017 at 8:36 PM, gigapig said:

You would set the Dolphin bar into pc mode so it acts as a mouse,  it should then work in mame or ALG ETC.

now i got my mayflash dolphin bar today. It works great with Big Buck Hunter PC games  and the wiimote dolphin and the wiimote but I can't seem to get it to work with the american laser games and my wiimote no matter which mode I select. I can aim and the 'A" button seems to make the reload sound but I can't fire. I'm guessing maybe I need to remap the keys so does anybody know how to do this in daphne singe??

also whilst i'm here whats the best wii gun case to put a wiimote in?

11 minutes ago, Johno said:

also whilst i'm here whats the best wii gun case to put a wiimote in?

I tried Datel, Wireless Precision FX Light Pistol, it has an integrated nunchuck.

it looks cool, but I find that the "barrel" was obscuring the wiimote eye which made it inaccurate. and if I may say so I have big hands but the entire thing doesn't sit well it's just to bulky. So I wouldn't recommend that one.

a safe option but less lightgunny is just simply the wii zapper

I would not recommend the one I am using. 

http://www.priceminister.com/offer/buy/2081781886/wiigun-wii-gun-pistolet-wii.html

I don't really remember the feel of a guncon 2 but I can tell what I don't like in this one:

I don't like the trigger, it is a little hard to press, because of the B button itself and the mecanism, at the moment it touches the B trigger it feels like it's blocking, I don't like it

The weight is not well balanced, cross is way too light compared to the wiimote, my hand feels tired after 10 minutes shooting. 

I am not sure if it would be a good choice but I'm thinking of buying one with the nunchuk on the gun cross, I would have the advantage to have the stick close to the thumb, like I had with gcon2. 

http://www.gamesandgeeks.com/blog/non-classe/un-pistolet-a-visee-laser-pour-la-wii/

ok ive got a wii mote and the dolphin bar working with the pc version of big buck hunter and nes lightgun games with nestopia but I can't get it to work properly with american laser games via daphne singe. The cross hair is just uncontrollable. it just moves straight across the screen and won't aim no matter what mode i select. Does anybody know how to fix this?

Also is there a recommended version of mame to use with this setup for lightgun games?"

14 minutes ago, Johno said:

ok ive got a wii mote and the dolphin bar working with the pc version of big buck hunter and nes lightgun games with nestopia but I can't get it to work properly with american laser games via daphne singe. The cross hair is just uncontrollable. it just moves straight across the screen and won't aim no matter what mode i select. Does anybody know how to fix this?

Also is there a recommended version of mame to use with this setup for lightgun games?"

I don't know for american laser games or daphne singe. 

I don't know if there is any recommended version of mame, I use mameui64 0.184 and it is working. 

2 hours ago, Johno said:

No there shouldn't be as raw and direct input are both there in new version and it just requires some change in the ini. You should be good with the default settings but you probably need to switch mouse support on.

• 7 months later...

Hello!

My English is not very well, but I need help ))

Maybe some people can help me with some question

1. How accurate is the bundle from the bar and wii remote? Can I shoot and hit in games without screen crosshair?

2. I need only light gun function from remote. Will there be a difference between Remote and Remote motion plus in terms of accuracy?

Precision sight is the main thing. Will the mouse cursor in the same place where I aim? What will be the error?  Is there any calibration utility?

Please, help your answers to make a purchasing decision. And Sorry for my English, it's not my language

On 13/02/2018 at 1:10 PM, DrDobro said:

Hello!

My English is not very well, but I need help ))

Maybe some people can help me with some question

1. How accurate is the bundle from the bar and wii remote? Can I shoot and hit in games without screen crosshair?

2. I need only light gun function from remote. Will there be a difference between Remote and Remote motion plus in terms of accuracy?

Precision sight is the main thing. Will the mouse cursor in the same place where I aim? What will be the error?  Is there any calibration utility?

Please, help your answers to make a purchasing decision. And Sorry for my English, it's not my language

I think if you use it with dolphin it should be very accurate but I have tried it with the PC version of House of the Dead Overkill and there was some jitter/inaccuracy. Still worth getting though.

On 18.02.2018 at 11:18 PM, gigapig said:

I think if you use it with dolphin it should be very accurate but I have tried it with the PC version of House of the Dead Overkill and there was some jitter/inaccuracy. Still worth getting though.

Thank you!

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/16/2015 at 4:47 PM, andwan0 said:

I too vouch for DolphinBar.

I didn't realise about MODE1 (mouse mode)... it just works seamless and easy to setup. No need for Toshiba Bluetooth stack. No need for GlovePIE. No need for PPJoy/vJoy.

MODE3 is also good as a general joystick controller too.

Hello, I have a question for you, I have the same dolphin bar, say you managed to force dolphinbar to work 2 wiiremote (of course, on mode 3.4 work 2 wiiremote but only in dolphin) and I mean mame, etc.
I fight with this and for nothing I can not force the second remote to work in mime, etc., I wrote to the company but they replied that they do not care what and how they can only tell me that in 1.2 mode it is possible to connect only one wiiremote :(

Archived