Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Wii Remote as Light Gun. Mayflash Dolphin Bar is Great!

sjlewis78

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ozstick and another site that sells them in Australia have suspended sales. I could try and import myself, but worried about spending the cash and it being confiscated. I think it might have changed this year. Is there anybody in Australia that has got one recently? I could always give customs a call to check the official laws on importing replica guns.

• 1 month later...

Got it working great and lost an hour playing Operation Wolf and Point Blank.

Just done some more reading.  Is there anyway to have two wii controls as lightguns in Mame for multi-player games.  I can see you can enable multiple mice in mame, but the DolphinBar seems to only support 1 Wii Remote as a Mouse.  Anyone tried using 2 dolphin bars at the top and bottom.  I would love to get an Aimtrak gun, but cannot import into Australia at the moment as they are classed as replica guns.  Would just love to get 2 player working.

there is no issue with importing these into the country, yes they may look like real guns but so are the cheap $2 guns at K-mart.

it's only a replica gun if tread/use it a replica gun in public.

I've bought several sets over the years for my arcade cabs.

• 1 month later...

I was looking for this post cause I'm now looking for the Dolphin bar thing and a doubt came to my mind.

There's some light guns to use with this bar like this

http://www.amazon.com/Perfect-Shot-Wii-Colors-Vary-Nintendo/dp/B000X2RKOO/ref=sr_1_cc_3?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1443831096&sr=1-3-catcorr&keywords=light+gun+wii

and this

http://www.amazon.com/Wii-Silver-Quick-Trigger-Light-Nintendo/dp/B007D0JZHY/ref=sr_1_cc_6?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1443831096&sr=1-6-catcorr&keywords=light+gun+wii

Among others, it seems to use the wiimote attached to the plastic gun, what you guys recommend?

I'm looking for a cheap alternative to play shooters.

Thanks

Aorin, those Wii guns look sweet.  I was going to go with something cheap and simple, like this: http://www.amazon.com/Boriyuan-Acceleration-Vibration-Nintendo-Controller/dp/B00NSLL4TY

But honestly, now that I know you cannot use two Wii remotes with MAME, that's pretty much a deal breaker for me.  I may have to bite the bullet and go with AimTrak.

**EDIT** - This gentleman appears to be using two Wii remotes at the same time with MAME (using GlovePie and PPJoy)... 

So, maybe it is actually possible?  I'm going to have to look into this more.

U can have two wii motes

Trnzaddict's PhotoTrnzaddict

25 Jun 2015

potts43, on 25 Jun 2015 - 01:22 AM, said:

This is really interesting as I've got all options. Bought 2 aimtrak kits but never got round to fitting them yet and also got the mayflash. So would I be right in that if I want 2 player guns in mame I need the raw input version not direct input version ? AND if I use Dolphin emulator I can use 2 Wii motes?

Can you use the mayflash sensor bar with the aimtrak rather than having to use 2 sensor bars?

Yes, If you want 2 player SEPARATED lightguns in MAME, you will need the regular raw input compile. You said you have 2 Aimtraks already? Install them and be done with the issue. I love them, plus you will be able to have dual lightguns in Model 2 as well using Casto's Troubleshooter 2 app and from what I hear the new Demul is very near release and I'm sure with this release there is a good chance they have added raw input support for mice so 2 player gun games can work.

I have the Dolphinbar....you can have 4 wiimotes synced at once and use them in Dolphin.

Someone mentioned stacking 2 dolphinbars on top of each other as far as lightguns go....to me this is starting to get into the "convoluted zone" to save money. I'm pretty sure MAME will still pick up each mouse even with 2 different Dolphinbars as the same one. Dolphinbar is STILL emulating the said mice and they aren't real. You can't fool MAME that

Tapatalk signature

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you had a choice would you get a may flash and single shot peripheral or would you get a light gun from arcadegunsarefun? And why you chose what you did please. Seems like dolphin bar is a cheap al?

so does anyone have a non wii type gun? Is it worth the extra cash for one or is getting a wifi perepheral gun just as great?

Tapatalk signature

• 1 month later...

Just setup my new dolphinbar last night, works perfectly outside of hyperspin but causes the forever spinningwheel issue in hyperspin.  Anyone else have this?  I had this problems years ago but damned if I can remember that fixed it.

Just setup my new dolphinbar last night, works perfectly outside of hyperspin but causes the forever spinningwheel issue in hyperspin.  Anyone else have this?  I had this problems years ago but damned if I can remember that fixed it.

Are you using the startup script?

The 360 pad startup script?  Yes

Then that is the problem. If I remember correctly, it will happen if the Wii mote is connected while in HyperSpin. I'm thinking perhaps you can connect the Wiimote after the game has started which should be fine if you have "Continuous Scanning" selected in Dolphin.

I'm trying to get the Mayflash Dolphinbar and Wiimote working as a lightgun in MAME. I have tried mode 1 and mode 2 to use it as a mouse. Both modes allow me to use it as a mouse (via motion) in Windows. Both modes let me use the directional pad on the Wiimote to move the crosshairs in MAME but I can't use motion to move the crosshairs or the trigger to shoot. I've tried using direct input. I've tried checking multiple mice. Do I need to use joytokey or xpadder to get this to work as a mouse in MAME? Any help on the MAME settings, or if any additional software is needed, etc. would be appreciated.

BTW - The dolphinbar has the latest firmware from September installed.

Thanks

UPDATE...

Ok, I figured it out right after I posted. I though I had to set mouse options in MAME but that wasn't the case.

1) Put DolphinBar into Mode 2

2) MAME-->Default game options-->Controllers-->(check) Enable lightgun input

3) MAME-->Default game options-->Controllers-->(check) Dual lightguns

No other changes are needed.

Can anyone shed some light on how to have the light gun work as player 1 in MAME ?  

My Dolphinbar is working great, but only registers as player 2, which causes problems in a few games.  

Enabling multiple light guns in the settings results in severe controller lag that makes the games unplayable.

Archived