Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Anyone looking for some help

sonicboom88

Here's a project for ya. I wanted capcom, midway, data east etc to be genres instead of main menu items. Can't seem to figure out how. You can't just stick the main menu xml into the genre and add a list item with its name in the genre xml... I SUSPECT you'd have to change the capcom main menu xml <genre> tags to "capcom" or capcom system" whatever you have the xml named....

Help plz. :D

For clarity: I want to do the genre subwheel trick with mame to have genre lists by manufacturer, to get them off my already cluttered wheel.

Last question: I dont' guess you can have a "theme" show for each genre menu item? Just a background right?

Here's a project for ya. I wanted capcom, midway, data east etc to be genres instead of main menu items. Can't seem to figure out how. You can't just stick the main menu xml into the genre and add a list item with its name in the genre xml... I SUSPECT you'd have to change the capcom main menu xml <genre> tags to "capcom" or capcom system" whatever you have the xml named....

Help plz. :D

For clarity: I want to do the genre subwheel trick with mame to have genre lists by manufacturer, to get them off my already cluttered wheel.

Last question: I dont' guess you can have a "theme" show for each genre menu item? Just a background right?

It's a great idea the subwheels for manufacturers, I'd preferably use it in a new Wheel for Arcades, I'd let MAME the way it is for now, I actually have NEO GEO, Capcom, Model 2, 3, Zinc, all them could be inside this Arcade exclusive wheel, Konami, Data East and so on.

It's a great idea the subwheels for manufacturers, I'd preferably use it in a new Wheel for Arcades, I'd let MAME the way it is for now, I actually have NEO GEO, Capcom, Model 2, 3, Zinc, all them could be inside this Arcade exclusive wheel, Konami, Data East and so on.

Thats the idea... and I'm hoping you can use the already generated capcom.xml for instance.

yeah it seems like you would have to go through the MAME XML and change all the capcom, etc., game genre tags to "capcom", or "taito", and then you could make that genre list in MAME,...but that would take away the real genre tags.

Also the idea but it takes forever unless you know a way to "find/replace" everything BETWEEN the two genre tags.... So I haven't even tested if this works yet. It doesn't work when you just change a few... I tried that.

Edit, edit. You COULD keep the other genres in tact since it'll still be listed right in the mame xml, but yeah you'd lose "capcom" genres for instance. For me, Worth.

It seems that lots of work will be spent in the lists, but, what if each one of us search the full games lists for each manufacturer/developer, I could do Konami, whatever, aletterfromthelostdays could do Data East and the others focus on other developers, finishing each, the XML could be uploaded to the FTP folder and we go to the next until we reach the desired results.

Just a suggestion, but splitting the job, we split the efforts too.

Just saw floatingyeti, now the thing got serious here!

Bro,

Do you mean you downloaded the FE project torrent of 9xGB

I did the same but the emulators are outdated and names does not match at all.

lol well as far as it goes for my systems still got to replace my games that I got from hyperspin project torrents they looked tacky so replacing them and still got to find some video snaps.

Dude, first thing, that genre wheel looks amazing! Second thing, if I had known this would take off I would have done lists instead of playing dragon age all day and night. But I'm a little confused.... I tried taking my capcom.xml, putting it into the the main database folder for mame, then adding "capcom" to the mame genre xml but I couldn't get it to show up in the genre wheel. Was I screwing up or should I go ahead and start renaming all the genres for the games?

Archived