Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Anyone looking for some help

sonicboom88

Maybe i'm misunderstanding the request but in order to separate the games into the respective publishers, we'd think we'd be able to play them. Without a proper method of using xpadder/joy2key profiles with c64/spectrum (another thread) wouldn't this really just be putting the cart before the horse?

Ie we can sort them, but can't play them

I really..really love those arcade wheels!

I would use these for genre wheels, but if i could change the word Arcade into Classics I would even use those for a trimmed down hyperspin with only my favorite games one my htpc

Thanks Floatingyeti! There may be no need, though. I'm sort of stealing your idea. :D Subzero has a set of wheels with the arcade background, and (though I have no knowledge or aptitude with the program, I managed to spend tonight learning enough GIMP to clean up one and get rid of the MK character. I'm going to attempt to make a wheel for these genres (probably rudimentary). As of now, I have everything else set up, all the genres, a main xml that includes all arcades + sega models, naomi, daphne and best of all an INI that will allow for the launching of all of these emulators under one system.

I'm going to upload as soon as I finish the wheels, and some of the backgrounds need to go since we can't use video. But backgrounds are easy enough that I wouldn't feel bad about not including them.

So... be gentle... this is my first time, but do give me some pointers. As I thought it looks very generic. And this was the easy one. The only logos I can find for most of the other ones aren't transparent, and its a pain to cut them out, but this is the general style, inspired by floating yeti.

post-63335-1428706650_thumb.png

It's going to take me some time to finish the set, but I am going to finish it.

Here's a list of all the systems that are merged onto the main "Arcade" wheel and will subsequently have a genre. I made up the name schema revolving around "arcade" to avoid confusion.

<game name="AAE Arcade"/>

<game name="Atari Arcade"/>

<game name="Capcom Arcade"/>

<game name="Daphne Arcade"/>

<game name="Data East Arcade"/>

<game name="Konami Arcade"/>

<game name="Midway Arcade"/>

<game name="Namco Arcade"/>

<game name="Nintendo Arcade"/>

<game name="Sega Arcade"/>

<game name="Sega Model 2 Arcade"/>

<game name="Sega Model 3 Arcade"/>

<game name="Sega Naomi Arcade"/>

<game name="SNK Neo Geo Arcade" />

<game name="Taito Arcade"/>

<game name="Zinc Arcade"/>

If anyone wants to help:

- I could certainly use any ideas on what people want in terms of systems etc.

- If anyone has or feels like making some nice logos with transparency it will speed up the wheel

- Irem xml that is NOT a mame.xml.

- Backgrounds for the genres (I'm trying to be thematic, but its sort of impossible to find pictures of a data east game in 1920X1080... or anything on it really, so ideas here are welcome too.

Thanks,

Walter

Of course, my apologies fame-show. I wasn't thinking.

Here's the new thread: http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/showthread.php?38484-WIP-All-Arcade-Systems-Under-One-Wheel-Genre-Subwheel-Trick&p=360857#post360857

just started, exactly how much memory do you need for this because my mom just gave me an old computer can it work? also can i use an old tv?

That's going to vary depending on what systems you want to run, but you should have at least a 2ghz processor for Hyperspin.

Archived