Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Atari ST

craiganderson

Oh my bloody Christ, ive done it!!!!!

For whatever reason this morning it wouldnt allow me to change the name of the .img. It wasn't a right click option. I took it that it wasn't possible.

For whatever reason I thought I was creating a TOS folder in the correct place. I clearly wasn't.

This evening I realise I was indeed missing a TOS folder in the correct place (I wondered where the .img was supposed to live)

Although the Atari ST screen would now come up in RL, it still demanded a TOS206 where only the TOS100 will do for Star Trek. I couldn't figure out how to stop it demanding the 206.

Why not re label the 100 as a 206 instead now I can re label? Would that work?

It did.

Cheers guys. Now to ignore this not very good game forever more as all that mattered was, knowing  it was there and not to be defeated by it. LOL.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, no TOS folder in the Steem download (why?) and initially no indication that I could rename an  img anyway I couldn't take your suggestions that further.

Always learning.

Well, are you an expert in ripping PC cd games as that's my next project. Another topic  another thread I'm sure.

• 1 year later...

Which Emulator are you using? I downloaded the ATARI ST Pack from Ghostlost and the Games work but however, the emulator starts minimized. I have to press Alt+Tab and choose Hatari (the emulator). Anyone knows how to fix this issue?

• 2 months later...

I thought I'd bring something up... that 'boot.st' file that you're supposed to have in the root of the hard drive images, you should name it after the ROM name for a game like 'Alien Blast,' that has specific ini settings, otherwise, those settings won't take effect. The game will give you an error message. I didn't see any documentation on this in the module notes.

Edit: It looks like most, if not all of the hard drive games require you to do this, as most of them require 4mb of memory. I'm not sure if I'm doing this right, or perhaps missing something, but what I'm doing seems to be fixing the problem, and the games are booting.

• 5 months later...

Archived