Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Atari ST

craiganderson

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

here is the module i am using

dont think it does fullscreen...sorry

but see the RED text .. that has to match the .exe of the steem version you are using....otherwise the module will just "close out" as if you exited the emulator

that MIGHT be the problem!

MEmu =
MEmuV =  
MURL = 
MAuthor = craiganderson
MVersion = 1.0
MCRC = 
iCRC =
MID = 
MSystem = "Atari ST"

;----------------------------------------------------------------------------
;----------------------------------------------------------------------------

StartModule()
BezelGUI()
FadeInStart()

7z(romPath, romName, romExtension, 7zExtractPath)

settingsFile := modulePath . "\" . moduleName . ".ini"

Fullscreen := IniReadCheck(settingsFile, "Settings", "Fullscreen","true",,1)
; disableHideTitleBar := true
; disableHideToggleMenu := true
; disableHideBorder := true
; BezelStart("fixResMode")
BezelStart()

params := "db=""GBST v3.1d"""  
Run(executable . " " . params . " fn=""" . romName . """", emuPath)

WinWait("ahk_class Steem Window")
WinWaitActive("ahk_class Steem Window")

WinMaximize, ahk_class Steem Window

[b][color="#FF0000"]executable:="Steem SSE 3.4.1.exe"[/color][/b]

BezelDraw()
FadeInExit()
Process("WaitClose", executable)
7zCleanUp()
BezelExit()
FadeOutExit()
ExitModule()

CloseProcess:
FadeOutStart()
  	WinClose("ahk_class Steem Window")
    	Process, Close, SainT161.exe
  	Process, Close, Steem.exe
  	Process, Close, 7z.exe
Process, Close, GameBase.exe
FileRemoveDir, E:\Atari ST Temp, 1
Return

Losing focus comes again after second startup! ;) Now setuped "Hatari" that works fine without boarder in Full screen. Uploaded via. FTP under my username! :) Only need to open the Hyperlauch (Settings) and match "all" to Gamebase roms folder "A-Z"! On HyperHQ set searching subfolders doesn`t work now edited the Setting.ini... Fake .txt files & Gamebase1.3 not needed anymore.

greets

I use Craigs Setup and it works great but not in Fullscreen... I also had two times that Malware Checkers and ... deleted important parts of Gamebase... So can be a problem with some Virus Tools, Malware Tools... For me its working with a very nice Brezel :). Haven`t tried Hatari yet. Maybe on Weekend... If this works Fullscreen and the games work then I will change to Hatari. If not I stay on Craigs very good and nice looking setup with Gamebase and a nice Bezel :)....

Yes Hatari works good in Fullscreen. Also Retroarch (with Hatari Module). Tested both yesterday but Craigs Gamebase / Steem solution plays far more games and also some games 100% working where Hatari misses something... But maybe someday Hatari gets better then Steem but today its not I think! But would be great if Craig can add Fullscreen to his solution...

But thanks Nexus23 for your Files. So I can choose now which Game I play with Craigs Solution and which with Hatari.

Yes Hatari works good in Fullscreen. Also Retroarch (with Hatari Module). Tested both yesterday but Craigs Gamebase / Steem solution plays far more games and also some games 100% working where Hatari misses something... But maybe someday Hatari gets better then Steem but today its not I think! But would be great if Craig can add Fullscreen to his solution...

But thanks Nexus23 for your Files. So I can choose now which Game I play with Craigs Solution and which with Hatari.

thanks for testing! I think gamebase plays more games as well.

ill get back to u about fullscreen

edit..........

if you want fullscreen with the setup i shared

1) turn off bezels in HLHQ

2) go into the emulator settings and set to fullscreen (video does not show this, but I had to set it from within a loaded game to get it to "stick", F12 frees up mouse to adjust setting from within a game)

edit...and the emulator (steem) seems a little "finicky"....i had to change fullscreen on/off a couple of times get it to stick///...just fYI

-Iy0u02CY3g

Hi, on the Atari butten in the top left is also a funktion "stay on the Top" :) That changed nothing for me a few days ago also start in fullscreen wouldn`t work. Now did the same a few times at ones it work. I dont understand why ;) It`s also a button top left says bigger Window! Click on it a few times bring you faster to fullscreen :) Crazy shit! ;)

Edit: Fake .txt files no needed if you setup rompath from A to Z!

it looks like:

[ROMS]

Default_Emulator=Steem

Rom_Path=..\..\Games\Atari\ST\Games\ST\0|..\..\Games\Atari\ST\Games\ST\A|..\..\Games\Atari\ST\Games\ST\B|..\..\Games\Atari\ST\Games\ST\C|..\..\Games\Atari\ST\Games\ST\D|..\..\Games\Atari\ST\Games\ST\E|..\..\Games\Atari\ST\Games\ST\F|..\..\Games\Atari\ST\Games\ST\G|..\..\Games\Atari\ST\Games\ST\H|..\..\Games\Atari\ST\Games\ST\I|..\..\Games\Atari\ST\Games\ST\J|..\..\Games\Atari\ST\Games\ST\K|..\..\Games\Atari\ST\Games\ST\L|..\..\Games\Atari\ST\Games\ST\M|..\..\Games\Atari\ST\Games\ST\N|..\..\Games\Atari\ST\Games\ST\O|..\..\Games\Atari\ST\Games\ST\P|..\..\Games\Atari\ST\Games\ST\Q|..\..\Games\Atari\ST\Games\ST\R|..\..\Games\Atari\ST\Games\ST\S|..\..\Games\Atari\ST\Games\ST\T|..\..\Games\Atari\ST\Games\ST\U|..\..\Games\Atari\ST\Games\ST\V|..\..\Games\Atari\ST\Games\ST\W|..\..\Games\Atari\ST\Games\ST\X|..\..\Games\Atari\ST\Games\ST\Y|..\..\Games\Atari\ST\Games\ST\Z|..\..\Games\Atari\ST\Games\STX\0|..\..\Games\Atari\ST\Games\STX\A|..\..\Games\Atari\ST\Games\STX\B|..\..\Games\Atari\ST\Games\STX\C|..\..\Games\Atari\ST\Games\STX\D|..\..\Games\Atari\ST\Games\STX\E|..\..\Games\Atari\ST\Games\STX\F|..\..\Games\Atari\ST\Games\STX\G|..\..\Games\Atari\ST\Games\STX\H|..\..\Games\Atari\ST\Games\STX\I|..\..\Games\Atari\ST\Games\STX\J|..\..\Games\Atari\ST\Games\STX\K|..\..\Games\Atari\ST\Games\STX\L|..\..\Games\Atari\ST\Games\STX\M|..\..\Games\Atari\ST\Games\STX\N|..\..\Games\Atari\ST\Games\STX\O|..\..\Games\Atari\ST\Games\STX\P|..\..\Games\Atari\ST\Games\STX\Q|..\..\Games\Atari\ST\Games\STX\R|..\..\Games\Atari\ST\Games\STX\S|..\..\Games\Atari\ST\Games\STX\T|..\..\Games\Atari\ST\Games\STX\U|..\..\Games\Atari\ST\Games\STX\V|..\..\Games\Atari\ST\Games\STX\W|..\..\Games\Atari\ST\Games\STX\X|..\..\Games\Atari\ST\Games\STX\Y|..\..\Games\Atari\ST\Games\STX\Z|..\..\Games\Atari\ST\Games\HD\0|..\..\Games\Atari\ST\Games\HD\A|..\..\Games\Atari\ST\Games\HD\B|..\..\Games\Atari\ST\Games\HD\C|..\..\Games\Atari\ST\Games\HD\D|..\..\Games\Atari\ST\Games\HD\E|..\..\Games\Atari\ST\Games\HD\F|..\..\Games\Atari\ST\Games\STX\Compilations\C|..\..\Games\Atari\ST\Games\STX\Compilations\L|..\..\Games\Atari\ST\Games\STX\Compilations\M|..\..\Games\Atari\ST\Games\STX\Compilations\T

or put all Games in one folder should work to! You can use the newest version of Steem, Steem.SSE.3.6.4.Win32!

Hey Guys, been watching this thread since I'm currently working on the official Atari ST database. Just wanted to let you know that I have yet to come across any game that doesn't run on Hatari. I think the reason you are getting better results on Steem/Gamebase is because Gamebase already has every game configured as far as what TOS version to use, memory allocations, machine type, etc... If you set up Hatari with those same config items you'll get good results.

I'm also working on a new Hatari module that will allow all those settings and I will throw the associated ini in my upload folder when its completed.

Hope this helps.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Official Atari ST XML released yesterday, check Downloads.  Updated RL modules for Hatari/Steem SSE were released along with RL 1.0.

Once FTP maintenance is complete, I can upload the matching module ini's to the FTP.

Archived