Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Atari ST

craiganderson

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Give it a try. let me know if i forgot anything...which is quite possible :)

0) here is a video of it working for me :)

kKnLkGIW1wA

go here [[ http://craigandersonthemes.weebly.com/ ]] and click on "atari st" to find the files discussed below (NO ROMS, see below)

This is whats working for me. I am not using STEEM directly because the gamebaseST setup is able to play games (in addition to the ones discussed above) that do not play via STEEM directly. Maybe someone can fix that but for now I am using this setup. I am not perfect. If you do not like my setup I am sorry........I will explain my little setup in more detail. But here are pics of My Settings. More explanation to come. :)

1) You will need to download the gamebaseST frontend from HERE

..... http://sourceforge.net/projects/gamebase/files/gamebase/v1.3/ ........ (thank you horseyhorsey)

.....and then place the intact unzipped folder "GBST v3.1d" (from my download) into the gamebase 1.3 folder. just plop it on down inside there......use the "GBST v3.1d" from my download because some of the files have been modified to work. gamebaseST will be your "emulator" for the setup. And then this "emulator" will point to STEEM :).

2) I am using "Steem SSE 3.4.1.exe".....its in my download as well. I think there are newer versions. I have not tested them. There are older versions in the gamebaseST download as well but so far the 3.4.1 has worked for me.

3) On this gamebaseST page (http://gbst.atomas.com/gamebase%20important%20README.php) there is a link for the games all organized the way they need to be organized for the gamebaseST frontend to work. It is (1598 MB). REMINDER: Do not use the "GBST v3.1d database" from this site (as mentioned in #1 above...use the one in my download. :)

4) Go inside gamebase.exe and set the paths to the emulator (steem) and the rom folder (Games). see video.

lYzdz6fPztM

5) Here is my hyper hq settings. nothing to crazy here other that you will notice that the rom folder is not the same one that the gamebaseST is pointed towards in step 4 above. This is because (in my experience) the gamebaseST frontend only recognizes the roms/games when they are in the native folder setup as when downloaded from the gamebaseST site and this structure/setup includes subfolders (rom types followed by alphabet).

2015-01-26_19-57-32_zps96e6ebff.png

2015-01-26_20-53-30_zps2bc32800.png

6) here is my HLHQ emulator settings. notice that GBLauncher.exe is the "emualtor". The rompath is pointing at dummy files (.txt) roms just to trick HLHQ into thinking we have them there. You cant point them at the gamebaseST "GAMES" folder because there are multiple subfolders. I have included my dummy files in the download. They are called "Roms for HLHQ" folder in the download.

2015-01-26_19-55-00_zps383731e4.png

7) Note the rompath for HLHQ is not the same as the path for the gamebaseST frontend. But it is the same as the one in step 6 above obviously.

2015-01-26_19-55-32_zps2f5dfea6.png

8) If there is a game that just will not load via hyperspin/HLHQ, go into gamebase.exe and load it from there. It probably has a popup window that wants u to click something. But once you click it once, it remembers that choice and will open appropriately via hyperspin the next time. at least in my experience...

Thanks for the awesome Theme :) and thank you all that have worked on getting Atari ST Games working in Hyperspin.... I have a problem with booting the games... Directly from Gamebase it works but not from Hyperlaunch or Hyperspin.

I have the following error:

--> Command line: ["S:\Hyperspin Roms_Seagate\Atari ST\Roms for HLHQ\1943 - The Battle of Midway.txt"]

--> Missing or invalid database in command line.

Bye!

Would be great if someone knows whats wrong cause checked everything but can`t find whats wrong... Thanks!!!

One More Thing. Due to the fact that the module initially loads "GBLauncher.exe" and then that program loads "STEEM" the module had to be modified to re-define the "executable." So if you look in the correct module below. The RED TEXT redefines the executable as "Steem SSE 3.4.1.exe" because that is what I am using. You will need to change it to whatever version of STEEM you are using. With Steem running outside of hyperspin, open up your task manager and right click steem > properties and it will then show you what version you are using. :)

oh and fullscreen not added to module yet....because i am using a bezel....sorry :)

Make sense??

thanks

craig

MEmu = 
MEmuV =  
MURL = 
MAuthor = craiganderson
MVersion = 1.0
MCRC = 
iCRC =
MID = 
MSystem = "Atari ST"

;----------------------------------------------------------------------------
;----------------------------------------------------------------------------

StartModule()
BezelGUI()
FadeInStart()

7z(romPath, romName, romExtension, 7zExtractPath)

settingsFile := modulePath . "\" . moduleName . ".ini"

Fullscreen := IniReadCheck(settingsFile, "Settings", "Fullscreen","true",,1)
; disableHideTitleBar := true
; disableHideToggleMenu := true
; disableHideBorder := true
; BezelStart("fixResMode")
BezelStart()

params := "db=""GBST v3.1d"""  
Run(executable . " " . params . " fn=""" . romName . """", emuPath)

WinWait("ahk_class Steem Window")
WinWaitActive("ahk_class Steem Window")

[b][color="#FF0000"]executable:="Steem SSE 3.4.1.exe"[/color][/b]

BezelDraw()
FadeInExit()
Process("WaitClose", executable)
7zCleanUp()
BezelExit()
FadeOutExit()
ExitModule()

CloseProcess:
FadeOutStart()
  	WinClose("ahk_class Steem Window")
    	Process, Close, SainT161.exe
  	Process, Close, Steem.exe
  	Process, Close, 7z.exe
Process, Close, GameBase.exe
Return

thanks but i really didnt do much

Thanks for the awesome Theme :) and thank you all that have worked on getting Atari ST Games working in Hyperspin.... I have a problem with booting the games... Directly from Gamebase it works but not from Hyperlaunch or Hyperspin.

I have the following error:

--> Command line: ["S:\Hyperspin Roms_Seagate\Atari ST\Roms for HLHQ\1943 - The Battle of Midway.txt"]

--> Missing or invalid database in command line.

Bye!

Would be great if someone knows whats wrong cause checked everything but can`t find whats wrong... Thanks!!!

Question. I'm getting a weird runtime error trying to launch GameBase itself.

Two possibly relevant variables:

1) Windows 8.1 (though I assume I'm not the only one running it)

2) Didn't install in the recommended C: Drive location, rather on my H: Hyperspin drive.

Anyone able to get this to run off a secondary drive?

Question. I'm getting a weird runtime error trying to launch GameBase itself.

Two possibly relevant variables:

1) Windows 8.1 (though I assume I'm not the only one running it)

2) Didn't install in the recommended C: Drive location, rather on my H: Hyperspin drive.

Anyone able to get this to run off a secondary drive?

Running it fine off my E drive (Windows 7)

Running it from a Virtual S: Drive (From the Sharp X68000 Setup) and have no problems (the txt Files for Hyperlaunch), the Roms are on the normal Hyperspin Drive which I have on D:... Also have not set Xpadder for it yet...

cool. but you shouldnt HAVE TO run it from a virtual drive if you do not want to. just fyi

glad its working

craig

• 2 weeks later...

Hi craiganderson,

I done the setup and it works, but Steem is loosing focus and goes into background and hyperlaunchhq is in front.

I have to use taskmanager to activate steem and must start it via mouse click/startbutton

I can't exit steem via exit button

It seems hyperlaunch minitray icon is not there...

Do you have any hint?

cheers

Thank you so much i got it work! I like use your Bezel where is the correct place for it? I put the _default folder from bezel.zip inside default theme wrong place?

thanks, Nexus23

Edit:

Now have the same Problem as "wolfsoft" ! Emulation goes to Background. The first time run`s fine. I dont find any setting like stay on top. What can we do to fix this Problem?

Archived