Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Atari ST

craiganderson

Great work and many thanks... form a personal standpoint... what Emu would people recommend in terms of reliability, controls and actual games working?

I think I prefer Hatari, but honestly, you can't go wrong with either...  Hatari or Steem SSE.  They are both pretty good.  There were a handful of games that I could only get to run on Steem.  Once the FTP is taken out of read only mode, I'll upload my settings...

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Official Atari ST XML released yesterday, check Downloads.  Updated RL modules for Hatari/Steem SSE were released along with RL 1.0.

Once FTP maintenance is complete, I can upload the matching module ini's to the FTP.

This should be included with the module as Atari ST (Example).ini.

Also I don't see a ROM set that matches up with your database...?

When it comes to most systems apart from the mainstream ones (especially PC based systems) a single rom set will never include all the games available which is the point of the databases done within the project so you need to refer to several different sets. This is why making proper databases takes time and a lot of effort, creating them based on a single set only isn't that hard, but you'll be missing quite a few games normally.

• 4 weeks later...

Give it a try. let me know if i forgot anything...which is quite possible :)

0) here is a video of it working for me :)

kKnLkGIW1wA

go here [[ http://craigandersonthemes.weebly.com/ ]] and click on "atari st" to find the files discussed below (NO ROMS, see below)

This is whats working for me. I am not using STEEM directly because the gamebaseST setup is able to play games (in addition to the ones discussed above) that do not play via STEEM directly. Maybe someone can fix that but for now I am using this setup. I am not perfect. If you do not like my setup I am sorry........I will explain my little setup in more detail. But here are pics of My Settings. More explanation to come. :)

1) You will need to download the gamebaseST frontend from HERE

..... http://sourceforge.net/projects/gamebase/files/gamebase/v1.3/ ........ (thank you horseyhorsey)

.....and then place the intact unzipped folder "GBST v3.1d" (from my download) into the gamebase 1.3 folder. just plop it on down inside there......use the "GBST v3.1d" from my download because some of the files have been modified to work. gamebaseST will be your "emulator" for the setup. And then this "emulator" will point to STEEM :).

2) I am using "Steem SSE 3.4.1.exe".....its in my download as well. I think there are newer versions. I have not tested them. There are older versions in the gamebaseST download as well but so far the 3.4.1 has worked for me.

3) On this gamebaseST page (http://gbst.atomas.com/gamebase%20important%20README.php) there is a link for the games all organized the way they need to be organized for the gamebaseST frontend to work. It is (1598 MB). REMINDER: Do not use the "GBST v3.1d database" from this site (as mentioned in #1 above...use the one in my download. :)

4) Go inside gamebase.exe and set the paths to the emulator (steem) and the rom folder (Games). see video.

lYzdz6fPztM

5) Here is my hyper hq settings. nothing to crazy here other that you will notice that the rom folder is not the same one that the gamebaseST is pointed towards in step 4 above. This is because (in my experience) the gamebaseST frontend only recognizes the roms/games when they are in the native folder setup as when downloaded from the gamebaseST site and this structure/setup includes subfolders (rom types followed by alphabet).

2015-01-26_19-57-32_zps96e6ebff.png

2015-01-26_20-53-30_zps2bc32800.png

6) here is my HLHQ emulator settings. notice that GBLauncher.exe is the "emualtor". The rompath is pointing at dummy files (.txt) roms just to trick HLHQ into thinking we have them there. You cant point them at the gamebaseST "GAMES" folder because there are multiple subfolders. I have included my dummy files in the download. They are called "Roms for HLHQ" folder in the download.

2015-01-26_19-55-00_zps383731e4.png

7) Note the rompath for HLHQ is not the same as the path for the gamebaseST frontend. But it is the same as the one in step 6 above obviously.

2015-01-26_19-55-32_zps2f5dfea6.png

8) If there is a game that just will not load via hyperspin/HLHQ, go into gamebase.exe and load it from there. It probably has a popup window that wants u to click something. But once you click it once, it remembers that choice and will open appropriately via hyperspin the next time. at least in my experience...

Really thanks for the elaborate explaination craig! Finally figured how GameBase and GameBase ST functioned and integrated them to my HyperSpin setup! Turned out that it's not really hard to setup once you know each of their role. :)

P/S: I'm a fan of your work and downloaded almost all the artworks that you did on other obscure system not found on HyperSync.

Hello,

I setup Hatari 1.7 so that there're borders. All works fine (fullscreen + borders when I start the emulator).

However, when I start from Hyperlaunch HQ (or Hyperspin), there's no border even if I set Emulators/Global Module Settings, Borders=true.

In fact, I can modify all settings in Hyperlaunch (fullscreen or windowed, pointer, borders, etc..),, nothing will be. The emulator will always start in fullscreen, without border, without pointer...

What happen with Hatari ?

Thanks for your help

Well, I tried modify all paramters, in all ini files but nothing can keep the borders...

So  I directly modified the ahk module file and now it works fine :)

I think the problem comes from the incompatibility with the 1.7 version. The 2.0 ahk module seems for Hatari 1.6.2.

I was having a focus issue.  However, it seems when I opened the EMU solo, I could select the option for "always on top" but as soon as I launch out of RL, it would drop that setting.  Read the update about fullscreen about having a game loaded first to fix the fullscreen.   Seems the same thing applied to "always on top"  Have to be in a game to get it to stick.

Anyway, so it's focusing now, however, it drops the bezel for some reason.  It drops it somewhere when the module seems to be controlling it.  It loads initially with the bezel, then something happens and it drops.

Any ideas?

I tried the "saint" atari st emulator.. And it has Xbox 360 support by auto.. Kinda messy configuring keys within steem for My Xbox 360 gamepad.. Atleast for me.. Maybe a silly, dumb and easy thing i have missed or something...

:)

• 1 month later...

this is what i use! steem Ahk

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MEmu = Steem
MEmuV =  v3.4.1
MAuthor = rip from a hdd lol!
MVersion = 2.0
MCRC = 4DB34981
iCRC = 1E716C97
MID = 635038268925531896
MSystem = "Atari ST"
;----------------------------------------------------------------------------
; Notes:
; You must manually set a TOS using the emulator first. The UK version is preferred. 
; If a game does not work properly check to see if there is a patch available.
; Be sure to read the controller options very carefully since sometimes your controls 
; might only work if Scroll Lock is on or Num Lock is off. This needs to be set from 
; within the emulator.
StartModule()
FadeInStart()

settingsFile := modulePath . "\" . moduleName . ".ini"
Fullscreen := IniReadCheck(settingsFile, "Settings", "Fullscreen","true",,1)

7z(romPath, romName, romExtension, 7zExtractPath)

Run(executable . " " . ((Fullscreen = "true") ? ("-fullscreen") : ("")) . " -nonotifyinit """ . romPath . "\" . romName . romExtension . """", emuPath)

WinWait("ahk_class Steem Window")
WinWaitActive("ahk_class Steem Window")

FadeInExit()
Process("WaitClose", executable)
7zCleanUp()
FadeOutExit()
ExitModule()

RestoreEmu: 
Send, {Pause} 
Return

CloseProcess:
FadeOutStart()
WinClose("ahk_class Steem Window")
Return

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ssd of steem 

?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<INISCHEMA>
<INIFILES>
<INIFILE name="%ModuleName%" required="false">
<INITYPE>Module</INITYPE>
<SECTIONS>
<SECTION name="Settings" required="false">
<SECTIONTYPE>Global</SECTIONTYPE>
<KEYS>
<KEY name="Fullscreen" required="false" nullable="false">
<KEYTYPE>Boolean</KEYTYPE>
<DESCRIPTION>Enables/Disables Fullscreen</DESCRIPTION>
</KEY>
</KEYS>
</SECTION>
</SECTIONS>
</INIFILE>
</INIFILES>
</INISCHEMA>

So, most gamebase atari st games are set to autoboot?

The problem with those is that they are IPF images and retroarch for windows is not built with IPF support, so retroarch can't launch them. I'd really like to run the games through retroarch with all the shaders and stuff.. hmm

• 2 weeks later...

Nope that won't work, you need the Hatari module. Problem with using RetroArch is that while you can probably get away using it with console based systems when it comes to PC based ones they will always need a lot of settings and this would basically require every single module to be rewritten inside the RetroArch module which would soon become a huge mess.

Just check the complexity of modules like WinVICE, WinUAE or Hatari and you can see how complex things would become if you merged them all together not to mention the nightmare that would be maintaining such a module, it would be basically returning to the HyperLaunch 1.0 days with a single huge script.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Craig

I have followed your post to setup

Downloaded gamebase ST v.3.1d folder with 4 folders (emulator, games, music , screenshot)

from this 4 folders only games one we will use am I right?

Other folders any useful such Modplug, Jam , STsound?

Inside game folder have 3 folders(HD,ST, STX)

I have moved this game folder to H:\Games\Atari ST

In this directory I have 2 folders now (Games & Roms for HLHQ)

I did the setting in gamebase.exe for emulator path/filename

But in the path it just like this H:\HyperSpin\Emulators\Atari ST (cannot select the exe)

Under emulator name : Steem 3.4

Path for games :H:\Games\Atari ST\Games    

music/picture/extra (all left blank)

When I try to run the game from gamebase directly receive error (7 zip failed unpack)

If I use RL to launch the time after loaded nothing and with error to check the module

Gamebase.ini

[settings]
Fullscreen=true

Gamebase,ahk

MEmu =
MEmuV =  
MURL =
MAuthor = craiganderson
MVersion = 1.0
MCRC =
iCRC =
MID =
MSystem = "Atari ST"

StartModule()
BezelGUI()
FadeInStart()

; disableHideTitleBar := true
; disableHideToggleMenu := true
; disableHideBorder := true
; BezelStart("fixResMode")
BezelStart()

params := "db=""GBST v3.1d"""  
Run(executable . " " . params . " fn=""" . romName . """", emuPath)

executable:="Steem SSE 3.4.1.exe"

BezelDraw()
FadeInExit()
7zCleanUp()
BezelExit()
FadeOutExit()
ExitModule()

CloseProcess:
    FadeOutStart()
         Process, Close, SainT161.exe
       Process, Close, Steem.exe
       Process, Close, 7z.exe
    Process, Close, GameBase.exe
Return

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What am I doing wrong here?

Please help thanks

• 1 month later...

Hi Craig

I have followed your post to setup

Downloaded gamebase ST v.3.1d folder with 4 folders (emulator, games, music , screenshot)

from this 4 folders only games one we will use am I right?

Other folders any useful such Modplug, Jam , STsound?

Inside game folder have 3 folders(HD,ST, STX)

I have moved this game folder to H:\Games\Atari ST

In this directory I have 2 folders now (Games & Roms for HLHQ)

I did the setting in gamebase.exe for emulator path/filename

But in the path it just like this H:\HyperSpin\Emulators\Atari ST (cannot select the exe)

Under emulator name : Steem 3.4

Path for games :H:\Games\Atari ST\Games

music/picture/extra (all left blank)

When I try to run the game from gamebase directly receive error (7 zip failed unpack)

If I use RL to launch the time after loaded nothing and with error to check the module

Gamebase.ini

[settings]

Fullscreen=true

Gamebase,ahk

MEmu =

MEmuV =

MURL =

MAuthor = craiganderson

MVersion = 1.0

MCRC =

iCRC =

MID =

MSystem = "Atari ST"

StartModule()

BezelGUI()

FadeInStart()

; disableHideTitleBar := true

; disableHideToggleMenu := true

; disableHideBorder := true

; BezelStart("fixResMode")

BezelStart()

params := "db=""GBST v3.1d"""

Run(executable . " " . params . " fn=""" . romName . """", emuPath)

executable:="Steem SSE 3.4.1.exe"

BezelDraw()

FadeInExit()

7zCleanUp()

BezelExit()

FadeOutExit()

ExitModule()

CloseProcess:

FadeOutStart()

Process, Close, SainT161.exe

Process, Close, Steem.exe

Process, Close, 7z.exe

Process, Close, GameBase.exe

Return

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What am I doing wrong here?

Please help thanks

Use the official database, with that PMed link *wink*.

Hitari is the way to go, works a treat with the official collection and RocketLauncher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Use the official database, with that PMed link *wink*.

Hitari is the way to go, works a treat with the official collection and RocketLauncher.

Hi bro where can I get official database with pmed link? Sorry not much understand

Tapatalk を使用して私の A0001 から送信

Hi bro where can I get official database with pmed link? Sorry not much understand

Tapatalk を使用して私の A0001 から送信

The db is in the download section. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Bro

Some games run fine with Hitari and some just went to green screen with floppy 1 and 2 what should I do next ?

How can I set to full screen instead?

Post over at the RL forums and we will get you sorted.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived