Uploading Content 12/15/2017Please Read Before Uploading.... Thank You to everyone that shares their creations in the Upload Here section. There is some outstanding contributions to check out. Some simple things to help people find your content and admins to manage uploads. Post a topic in HyperStudio forum before uploading Upload to the correct Sub Section Use tags Please add details to your Title Good Title: - World of Warcraft (PC Games) (16:9)
Bad Title: - World of Warcraft Aspect Ratio = (16:9), (16:9ST), (4:3)
System = (Hyperlist Names)
Details = Main Menu, System Default, +Wheel, Animated BG, Universal Theme.......
Peace Out Thatman84
By artman99999964bit MAME 174 patched with no-nag, no white windows, hi-score and forced direct input. Key items with this release:
I promised an emailer earlier that I would put this out, and if I say I'm going to do it...it's gonna happen. So here it is. PLEASE stop asking for x86 versions, MAMEUIFX, etc. My rig doesn't use either one, so I don't compile them. Not being a jerk (at least, not deliberately).
The good news:
I don't THINK you need to update your file structure with this release. So you should be able to just overwrite your MAME 173 with the attached .exe and you're off and running. If you're upgrading from 172 or prior, do a full install from the MAME DEV website, then the overwrite the main program with the attached .exe. You might want to back up your mame.ini file and generate a new one, as the nonag diff used for 174 is much more integrated and KISS than ever before. EDIT - Skipgameinfo needs to be set to "1" in the mame.ini for all messages to be suppressed. The nonag allows you to keep the gameinfo if you still want it, but removes the "click OK or go LR" dialogue.
The bad news?:
On a minor note, the HLSL programming has changed, AGAIN. So the video settings you tweaked for hours to get "just right" might not look exactly the way they did in 173. The description of the changes was accidentally left out of the "whatsnew" file for this version, but can be seen at the very bottom of the Change Log below. Apparently one of the devs forgot to update that part of the .txt file when it was sent out to the dev team 2 days prior to release date. Not saying the changes are bad - it's just that your screen might not look exactly the same as it did in 173. If you're using 172 or earlier, you should already know the new file structure has completely changed the way HLSL settings are handled. Read my 172 or 173 download descriptions for more details on that.
6/8/2016 - IMPORTANT EDIT - The post.fx file in this release had an error that has since been corrected in the .git. Not my fault - it was part of the 174 source. MAME devs have since corrected the error and uploaded it to github. But if you don't want to wait for 175, I've already gotten it for you. It's now included as a second attachment - just overwrite the 174 post.fx file in the HLSL directory with this one and you're GTG.
On a major note...
Oh I'll just come out and say it... Who really cares about this release? It's not faster. If anything, the restructuring of the drivers, carts, etc continues to slow down the emulation. YES, I KNOW IT'S MORE ACCURATE TO THE WAY THE REAL HARDWARE WORKS. But when you just want to play the games do you really care?
And what's new? MINOR bug fixes. Yet another incredibly-obscure title that now works on the Tiger Game handheld MESS emu and some improvements to the Apple 2 driver? More clones added? The improvement to Golden Tee Fore is notable, but it's really just a fix from the break that occurred from 172 to 173. The better support for DirectInput 8 is great and appreciated, but if your rig already works you don't care about this.
The work on the MAME project is vast, requiring hundreds, perhaps thousands, of man-hours to produce. And to think of how far it's come in the last few years...astonishing. As a simple end-user, I am humbled and grateful to the MAME dev team. But guys...how about fixing Sega Model 1? Virtua Fighter is still broken. YEAH, IT RUNS, but look at it - shameful. HydroThunder? Or get Sammy Atomiswave / Naomi / Sega Model 2 to play at full speed? Who doesn't love some Capcom VS SNK? MetalliC over at Demul has done an EXCELLENT job with some of these. And Bart and Ian dev-ing Sega Model 3 over at SuperModel continue to pioneer development in the true spirit of bringing old games back to life.
I told my emailer I wouldn't rant on this post, but it has to be said. This compile works great, so feel free to use it. And if you're using 173 already, I guess there's really no reason not to upgrade aside from the potential HLSL issues and romset updating. But personally, I'm still using 172 and couldn't be happier.
I share here an Excel tool I made that helps creating JoyToKey config files for different systems. With this tool, you can configure JoyToKey profiles for up to 12 systems and 6 pairs of physical controllers for each system. It semi-automates the process, preparing the text for the cfg files.
I have a cab with 2 Ultimarc U360s (each one as a joystick with 8 buttons), and I also have several retro usb controllers that I use with different emulated systems. This tool helped a lot in the tedious process of making the JoyToKey profiles for all the possible combinations of controllers - system.
I attach in this post the instructions (also copied below), an example file in pdf, the actual Excel file (zipped), and the JoyToKey profiles and RetroArch config files that I use in the example.
I hope you find it useful, please feel free to use it, improve or re-distribute it.
PS: the spreadsheet is initially protected so you can only enter data in the allowed cells, you can unprotect in the Review pane, it has no password.
With this spreadsheet, you can configure JoyToKey profiles for up to 12 systems and 6 pairs of physical controllers.
Step 1: Configure Key bindings for each "System"
First you should configure each emulated system, you can configure up to 12 systems.
In the "Main" worksheet, between rows 1 and 27, you must complete 3 columns for each system.
On the light gray column, you must specify which "Emulated Buttons" the system uses, and name them. On the Player 1 and 2 columns, you must enter which "Key" binds to each Emulated Button for players 1 and 2 in the selected System.
E.g., for NES you need the Pad plus buttons "B", "A", "Select" and "Start". First enter the names of each "Emulated Button" on the light gray column (in this case, I chose "B", "A", "Select" and "Start"). Then enter which "Key" corresponds to each "Emulated Button" for each player in your designed emulator, for example in Retroarch in my case.
The "Keys" you enter should match one of the available standard Windows keys, which you can find in the "Key Codes" worksheet. If you enter a "Key" that is not found, the cell will turn red. Look into "Key Codes" for the names I chose for each key.
Step 2: Configure each "Physical Controller"
Next you should configure each "Physical Controller", up to 6, in the "Main" worksheet, between columns A and D, rows 28 to 100.
In my case I use Ultimarc's U360s with 8 buttons each for my arcade cabinet, Logitech F710, and some RetroLink imitation controllers and adapters.
For each controller, you should name each "Physical Button" in column C, and enter in column D which actual button number it is. You can configure up to 10 buttons for each controller (plus the Pad), numbers 1 to 10. (Sorry if you need more!)
To find out which number corresponds to each Physical Button, plug your controller, go to "Set up USB Game Controllers" in Windows, select the controller and go to "Properties". You should get to the window you see on the right. Then press each button and see which number lights up in this window.
Here you can also optionally chose a button for each physical controller that will always work as "Escape" (in all systems) when pressed for more than half a second. You enter the "Escape button" number to the right of the controller name, on column D. Leave it blank if you do not want to use this feature.
Each physical controller will use 2 Joystick tabs in JoyToKey, always the same number in all the system. In order for this to work, you should map each Physical controller to a Joystick Number in JoyToKey. With your joystick/s plugged, in JoyToKey got to "Settings", "Configure Joysticks", "2.Advanced Setting for each device". Then select your plugged joystick in "Please select a device", and "Specify a preferred number when this device is connected". Now JoyToKey will always assign the selected Joystick number when this device is selected. (This is stored in the JoyToKey.ini file)
Step 3: Map each "Physical button" to each "Emulated Button"
You then need to map each "Physical Button" of each "Physical Controller", to the different "Emulated Buttons" in each system. (the direction Pads are always mapped to the same keys)
This is done between columns E and AN, rows 28 to 100. For each "System"-"Physical Controller" pair, you need to complete only the light gray column: enter the name of the "Emulated Button" that is assigned to each "Physical Button". The Keys the correspond to that Emulated Button are completed automatically.
Step 4: Create the .cfg files.
When you are finished mapping, you have to create the JoyToKey .cfg file for each system. This is a semi-automatic method.
With RocketLauncherUI, create an empty JoyToKey Profile for each system (or emulator), and locate the file .cfg it creates. Then go the "JoyToKey cfg" spreadsheet, enter the system number (1-12) in cell C1, select column A (go to cell A1, and press Ctrl+Shift+↓), and copy paste into your .cfg file.
Alternatively, you can print the "JoyToKey Maps" spreadsheet, and enter profiles manually.
Works with JoyToKey v 5.7.
Spreadsheets are protected for your convenience. If you want to Unprotect them, just go to the Review Pane in Excel and press "Unprotect Sheet". There is no password.
By artman99999964bit MAME 173 patched with no-nag, no white windows, hi-score and forced direct input. Couple of key items with this release:
MAME has once again updated files in the installation package, specifically in the "plugin" directory. As such, just overwriting your old pre-v173 mame64.exe with this new one will cause a lua script error at boot. At the very least, you must install the 173 package from the mamedev site, then overwrite your mame64.exe with the one included here. The mame.ini file has ALSO changed AGAIN, with some mame-induced changes and some from the no-nag patch, so re-create it with a mame64 -cc command and adjust accordingly if you don't like the included one. Remember, too, that the HLSL settings for raster and vector games (which covers just about every arcade game ever made) are in the "presets" folder. Changing them in the mame.ini won't do much, as the presets "raster.ini" and "vector.ini" take priority over any common settings. A "hi" folder must be created for your high-score storage, and a "hiscore.dat" must be placed in the MAME root directory.
To help make this even easier, and based on some requests last time I posted this, I zipped the entire package for you and it's ready to go as-is. NO ROMS INCLUDED, OF COURSE. Unzip it somewhere safe, populate it with the contents of your current artwork, cfg, nvram, diff, roms, and preset folders and you're off and running. MY HLSL settings are here in their full glory if you want them, or trash them and use your own - what ever you prefer. If you've slaved over your current video settings to get them "just right" or like BGFX, then don't use my preset folder, generate a new mame.ini with the 173 mame64.exe and populate manually it as needed with your current mame.ini contents.
2 Last things:
I had some requests after my v172 post to compile versions with raw input, or in 32bit. I'll be honest - I compile this for my system and dinput/64 bit is what I got. 'Nuff said.
Secondly - I'm not a huge fan of this release. I actually had to pull the folder from my recycle bin after reading a post discussing the release earlier. IM(Humble)O, there are few reasons to upgrade from 172, and the speed of 173 seems to be slightly slower (about 1% on average) on the most demanding roms. I use mmpork, ibara, and pinkswts to test the speed of the emulator, and typically come in at 99% with v172. v173 is coming in about 98%, even with autoframeskip enabled, etc. I would COPY your critical folders to this version, then test a few roms with it before fully committing to it. If you've got an older system and you're a classic arcade purist, you won't care because you're not rocking CAVE roms, anyway. And you've got a banging MAME PC, then you won't care, either. My mame setup uses a Core i5 with 8g ram and a GTX 560 Ti graphics card. Not a gaming rig, but no slouch, either. So bear this in mind before you upgrade. And if 173 works great for you, that's great. EDIT - After running this on a similar PC with a slightly faster CPU (Core i5 3.3g vs Core i5 2.5g), I couldn't get any of my three test roms to drop below 100% emulation with the setting included in the DL. So no worries if your PC is decent.
Final parting thought - BACK UP YOUR CURRENT MAME FOLDER AND COPY THE KEY FOLDERS INTO THE ATTACHED VERSION, NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND. The only folder I DIDN'T do this with was my roms folder, as it's WAY too big. That way, you get a working version AND there's no risk of losing hard work.
By sevensealPatched with forced Directinput and no nag screen with removed white windows
By gigapigHere you find version 10.2 of Daemon Tools Lite. Currently version 10.3 does not work with RocketLauncher.
Care must be taken when installing this product as the "Free" version as it will install other software onto your PC.
Please see the screen shots for the best way to install.
Remember to set your DT Lite path in RocketLauncher UI to "C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools Lite\DTAgent.exe" or wherever you installed it.
By knewlifeNew Version: Main Menu Changer 0.0.1.2 [bETA 3]
BETA 3 IMPORTANT CHANGE:
Now you can use the new MMCLauncher app to launch all your apps including HyperSpin, this fix various issues and is the recommended way to use MMC now.
1- Edit MMCLauncher.ini with your Hyperspin path.
2- Add more apps fallowing the same format if you need. This way the apps you need run once and not every time MMC relaunch HyperSpin.
3- Delete any app from HyperHQ startup app. (Yes, quit killExplorer as start app And let MMCExit as exit app)
4- Run MMCLauncher every time you need to run HyperSpin, so all needed operations like changing wallpaper or kill Explorer.exe, occur before Hyperspin launch.
This change is not present it Video Tutorials or other Documents, so the old setups are still possible for retro-compativility.
If you setup is working fine, don't touch it
Windows 10 aparently don't need Wallpaperchange enabled, just RestoreExplorer will kill windows explorer and hidde the wallpaper.
This app lets you change your main menu, filtering the entries stored in one XML file and allow you to create multiple level setups (HyperSpin allows a 2 leves setup normally).
Note: The setup and MMCHQ part of the program needs more testing, as the version says it's still BETA, please fallow the setup tutorials and report any problems in the support topic.
This app Works in 3 modes:
MODE 1 - Normal Mode:
A subwheel contains all the Filter Items, you can chose to Close Hyperspin Automatically or just configure the Main Menu with the selected filter and go back manually using normal FE controls.
MODE 2 - SubWheels Mode:
The filters are in the main menu Wheel and HS is closed and open again to load the results of the filtering process. You must scroll until you found a "BACK" item that will lead you to the previous main menu.
MODE 3 - SubWheels Mode with NO "BACK" entry:
The filters are in the main menu Wheel and HS is closed and open again to load the results of the filtering process. You can use the Frontend back key to go back, no special item need to be added to databases.
MainMenuChanger HQ: New app that let you edit xml files with diffrent apps and take care of save the modifications to the correct places.
MainMenuChanger "First Run" Wizard: If you are making a new install of MMC, the app will copy the necesary files and tell you what needs to be done to make MainMenuCHanger work.
Wallpaper Change: Change the wallpaper by a black one and back to a file of your choise on HS launch/close.
Ini version check: If you are updating from 2016-04-04 version, the new ini options will be added and, so you current ini should work with this 0.0.1 version.
Wheels and art included (Some wheels by spotUP)
Download MainMenuChanger_0.0.1.1_BETA.7z For all setup modes. Set Antivirus exeptions. Set all exes included to run with administrator provileges (right click -> propieties -> compativility -> run as administrator) Set all exes as secure (in propieties) so Windows dont ask before execute any of them. [*]Mode 1 and 2 have diffrent video tutorials.
Mode 3 setup is almost identical to mode 2 with the fallowing diferences:
In settings you must select mode 3, not mode 2 ( ) In setings you must set RestoreExplorer to True (This kills and restore windows explorer to avoid the desktop to flash for a seccond when you go back a level of wheels) Optionally you can set the option WallpaperCHange to true to change you wallpaper to a black one on HS launch.
Mode 3 Tutorial (By maabus)
Here is a text based instructions on how to setup sub wheels in Mode 3 with no back button. I only went over one level of wheels and sub wheels, and one category. Just follow the steps again to add more. It looks like a lot of work, but it really isn't. It should only take about 5 minutes to setup at least on category. I tried to explain what everything does to my understanding so that also added to the length of the instructions. Try out the instructions and let me know if anything is not clear.
By oldhag270Here is MAME 0.166 x64 Hi Score+No Nag+Direct Input
By sevensealMAMEuifx 0.169 no-nag, raw-input, 64bit
didnt see one made so i uploaded mine to share
By artman99999964bit MAME 172 Patched with no-nag, no white windows, hi-score and forced direct input. While hi-score support has been enabled in 172 via lua script, there is still some skepticism over at ArcadeControls whether it's fully functional or not, so hi-score was left in the compile. Install MAME 172 via DL from the MAME Dev webpage, then overswrite the .exe with this version. ***IF YOU HAVE AN OLDER VERSION OF MAME, THERE ARE NEW FOLDERS FOR 172 TO WORK, SO DO THE FULL INSTALL FIRST, THEN THE OVERWRITE***. And if you've never used a patched mame before, don't forget to generate a new .ini file (command line: mame64 -cc), so you have the control lines for the hi-score, etc. It will over-write your current mame.ini, so back that up first if you need to copy over your settings. Lastly, 172 now keeps (most of) it's hlsl settings in the .ini/presets folder, so changing them in the mame.ini (like we've done in every version since hlsl was introduced) USUALLY WON'T WORK - you need to update the raster.ini and vector.ini folders, as well as mame.ini. Since the global hlsl settings are still in mame.ini, I make sure my mame.ini hlsl settings mirror my raster.ini and vector.ini settings to be safe, but that's just me. And there is no more hlsl pre-scaling - that's not the patch, that's MAME 172. It's now a calculated value.
Great update to a great emulator, btw. First update in a long time that provides CONSIDERABLE performance gains on the graphical level. I realize that every update requires incredible amounts of time and energy from the programmers, but not since Raiden was properly emulated have I been this amped about a new version. -A
Updated to MAME 0.175
* Changelog from 0.175
- Added shortcut keys to all Menu actions in the Interface
- Fixed small bug in Lightgun and Trackball Folders creation in the Interface (As reported at the Forum)
- Fixed MAMETESTERS bug ID 06261 (polepos2: Crowd Cheering sounds are messed up)
- Included source code from MAME SVN 52265 [Angelo Salese]
- Included source code from MAME SVN 52283 [Bryan McPhail]
June 29, 2016
MAMEUIFX 0.175 released.
Updated to MAME 0.175
* Changelog from 0.174.1
- Distributed in the package the new BGFX CRT-Geom chain effect (cgwg, u-man)
- Fixed a couple of GUI bugs (As reported by Big Karnak at the Forum)
- Renamed mrdonight romset to donight and made it a parent set
- Removed old buggy option "Hide mouse in interface" and reduced global mouse lag in the Interface
By gigapigOriginal thread
Demul - Sega Naomi & Sammy Atomiswave control configs for Xbox 360 Controller
Sammy Atomiswave XML v1.1
Sega Naomi XML v1.2
- Put the nvram folder into your Demul emulator folder (Overwrite any existing files)
- Put the Demul (v0.5.8).ini into your Hyperlaunch Demul module folder (Overwrite any existing file)
Extra Steps: (Not essential)
- Enable Keyboard in Port C of the Demul plugins menu (Config->Maple Device Manager->Port C = Keyboard) - For 'Keyboard' style games
- Add 'Mahjong' controls to your padDemul.ini (see demul-naomi-non-standard-controls.pdf)
- Map controls for the 4 'Trackball' style games using Xpadder (see demul-naomi-non-standard-controls.pdf)
- Map controls for the 11 'Lightgun' style games using Xpadder (see demul-naomi-non-standard-controls.pdf & demu-atomiswave.pdf) You should really use an Aimtrak Lightgun
- Map controls for 1 'Touch Screen' style game using Xpadder (see demul-naomi-non-standard-controls.pdf)
By oldhag270Here is MAME 0.168 x64 No Nag+Direct Input+Hi Score
I share a script I made for Rocket Launcher that programs UGC files (e.g 4-way, 8-way, 2-way, analog, etc.. ) to Ultimarc's UltraStik 360 Joysticks before launching a Rom, without requiring LedBlinky. It uses the User Function feature of RL. (Updated to new script language as of RocketLauncher v1.2, Jan-2017)
(Note: RocketLauncher can now handle UltraStick directly from RLUI. However, it requires you to enter the profile for each system / game manually. The only advantage of this script is that it allows you the define the profile for each system / rom using a .ini file)
UltraStik 360 Programmer
You can define a different UGC file for each Rom or System. It also programs the Joysticks when you exit a Rom, allowing you to define a UGC file for the Front-end. UltraStik 360 Programmer can replace LedBlinky if you are using it only to program you U360s (as I was doing!).
UGC files (UltraStik Game Configuration) tells the UltraMap.exe program which maps to download to which joysticks (numbered 1 to 4). For example, 4-way.ugc tells UltraMap to program the 4-way Map (4-way.um, located in the Maps subfolder of the UltraMap program folder) to both joysticks 1 and 2. In this pack I include 6 UGC files: 2-way, 2-way-vertical, 4-way, 4-way-diagonal, 8-way, analog.
With the UltraStick 360 Programmer, you can specify a system (MAME, Nintendo Entertainment System, Atari 2600, etc..) to use a different UGC file per Rom (a "Per Rom System"), or to use the same UGC file for all roms. I include UGC files for most MAME games in the default ini file, with the default as 8-way.
Copy "Global.ahk" to the "Rocket Launcher\Lib\User Functions" folder. WARNING: If you have other User Functions already programmed in User Functions.ahk, do not overwrite your file. You should edit it and add the code provided here. Copy "UltraStik 360 Programmer.ini" to the "Rocket Launcher\Lib\User Functions" folder Edit "UltraStik 360 Programmer.ini" to specify the location of the UltraMap software (in the UltraMapExe key). If you don't have it installed, please download it from http://www.ultimarc.com/ultrastik_prog.html and install it. By default, it installs itself in C:\Program Files (x86)\UltraMap. Copy the provided UGC files to the UltraMap program folder (in the same folder where UltraMap.exe is in). Also copy the Maps that are in the Maps folder to your UltraMap/Maps folder. Feel free to modify these UGC files with the UltraMap software. That's it, enjoy! You can further edit the ini file to better suit your needs
In the ini file (UltraStik 360 Programmer.ini, located in Rocket Launcher\Lib) you define a global default UGC (typically 8-way). This UGC is used when there is no specified UGC for either the System or the Rom.
In the [PerRomSystems] section of the ini file, enter "System Name"=true for systems that can have a different UGC files for each Rom. (e.g. MAME=true). If a system is a PerRomSystem, the script looks for a specific UGC for each Rom. If it does not find it, it looks for a default system UGC in the [systems] section. And if it does not find it either, it uses de global default UGC.
In the [systems] section, enter the ugc file for each system (without quotes and without the .ugc extension, e.g. Nintendo Entertainment System=8-way). If the current System is a Per Rom System, this UGC will be used as default when no rom UGC is specified. If the current system is not a Per Rom System, this UGC will be loaded for all roms of the system. If a system is not specified in this section, UltraStik 360 Programmer will use the global default.
The system "FrontEnd" is the system name assigned to the front end. This UGC is loaded each time you exit a rom.
The system "Pause" is the system name assigned Rocket Launcher's Pause. This UGC is loaded each time you enter Pause. When exiting Pause the programmer reloads the Rom's UGC.
In the [Roms] section, enter the UGC file for each rom, for all PerRomSystems (without quotes and without the .ugc extension, e.g. invaders=2-way). If a rom is not specified, the script will use the UGC given in Systems, or the global default.
Credits: I used rom UGC configs prepared by EMDB for HyperMap (http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/inde...,134128.0.html), and took the main idea of this Programmer from byancey (http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/inde...tml#msg1483682). Thanks to both!
v2.0 - Compatible with RocketLauncher v1.2 (new location and scripting language)
v1.01 - Works with RocketLauncher 1.01, takes advantage of the new Pause Features: StartPauseUserFeatures and StopPauseUserFeatures.
By newoskiRocketBlinky is a 3rd-party tool that can, in a matter of minutes, auto-generate an LEDBlinkyControls.xml supporting over 160 HyperSpin systems. Translation: It takes 99% of the work out of setting up LEDBlinky.
By oldhag270Here is MAME 0.167 x64 No Nag+Hi Score+Direct Input.
By oldhag270Here is MAME x64 0.169 w/No Nag+Direct Input+Hi Score.
By danwelshNo Nag patch added.
MAMETesters Bugs Fixed
- 00550: [Graphics] (atarisy2.c) apb: There is a graphics problem with
your police car at the point you drive away from your starting
- 01455: [DIP/Input] (segas18.c) lghost: Problem with crosshair (Pitou)
- 05584: [Gameplay] (konamigx.c) rungun2, slamdnk2: during run mame
produces several messages about unknown protection command (Tafoid)
- 05823: [Core] (coco12.c) -ramsize does nothing for emulation although
it does change the .ini file (Nathan Woods)
- 06185: [DIP/Input] LIGHTGUNS: Aimtrak Dual Lightguns no longer
properly detect (Pitou)
- 06269: [Debugger] DEBUGGER: Unable to use any valid cheats while
using debug (Ryan Holtz)
- 06292: [Crash/Freeze] (victor9k.c) victor9k [cpm86]: Freeze with
'cpm86' disk (Curt Coder)
- 06314: [Crash/Freeze] Fatal error - All sets using '-centronics p72'
slot/option (Ryan Holtz)
- 06315: [Crash/Freeze] Fatal error - All sets using c4023, c1526,
mps802 devices (Ryan Holtz)
- 06316: [Crash/Freeze] (pc1512.c) pc1512, pc1512dd, pc1512hd10: Use of
'ibm_mfc' slot option causes Fatal error (Ryan Holtz)
- 06317: [Crash/Freeze] (pc1512.c) pc1512, pc1512dd, pc1512hd10: Use of
'3c503' slot option causes Fatal error (Ryan Holtz)
- 06326: [Crash/Freeze] (megadriv.c) megadriv, 32x and clones, some
segac2.c sets: Selecting machine and game via softlist though
internal menu results exception/crash (Osso)
- 06328: [Crash/Freeze] Various ISA using machines: Crash/Exception at
- 06330: [Crash/Freeze] (altos5.c) altos5: Crash/.Exception on
- 06331: [Crash/Freeze] (apollo.c) dn3500_19i, dsp3000, dsp3500,
dsp5500: Crash/Exception on start (Osso)
- 06332: [Graphics] (galaga.c) digdug and clones: Graphics from
Tilemap 0 are missing (Osso)
- 06335: [interface] UI:: Input (general) selection menus do not
display correctly or at all (Vas Crabb)
- 06342: [Crash/Freeze] pc (pccga): System crashing while
- 06343: [DIP/Input] (taito_l.c) plottingu: Coinage dipswitches are
labeled incorrectly. (Tafoid)
- 06349: [Gameplay] brapboys: MAME crashed when exiting
game (O. Galibert)
- 06352: [Crash/Freeze] (cps1.c) mbombrd, mbombrdj: Crash in
demonstration mode (Osso)
-maygay1b: [David Haywood]
* Fixed second set of lamps
* Partially investigated MCU hookup
-apple2gs.cpp: Redumped 341-0748 FE-FF ROM for the ROM03 Apple IIGS,
confirming that 341-0748 and 341-0749 ROMs are identical.
-mpu4.cpp: Added all known expansions as fragments for DRIVER_INIT.
This will permit 'per set' configuration to make the games
playable. [James Wallace]
-naomi.cpp: Added all known Sega DIMM board firmware dumps. [TylerDurden67]
-amstrad.cpp: Added pause button to GX4000. [barry Rodewald]
-debugimgui: Added images menu, with crude file select dialog, added
very crude create image dialog. [barry Rodewald]
-ALTOS5: Fixed banking, all disks can boot. [Robbbert]
-Renamed the arcade "sun" project to avoid conflict with the mess "sun"
-Playmatic Pinball: All MPU-1 games working, plus other WIP. [Robbbert]
* Fixed a memory bug.
* Added paste facility, cassette, sound, and notes.
-Pro-80: Added devices. [Robbbert]
-Separated the LDP-1450 laserdisc player into its own device
-Added support for MPU4 layouts for games beginning with 'a', based on
MFME2MAME conversion. CHR protection data is still not hooked up for
many of these sets, so lamping behaviour is incorrect. [James Wallace]
-Dumped Ferrari F355 Japan BIOS. [shouTime]
-Fixed TNZS ROM locations/labels [brian A. Troha, Lord Nightmare]
-hiscore.dat: updates [Leezer]
-Various netlist fixes: [couriersud]
* Minor include cleanup
* Fixed a memory hole caused by assign operators
* More C++
* Use noexcept in netlist code where appropriate
-abc80x: Fixed ABC-838 disk image cell size. [Curt Coder]
-c64: Optimized the 1541 bit read/write function slightly without
noticable effect on driver speed, since the 2 CIA's are the current
bottlenecks. [Curt Coder]
-compis improvements: [Curt Coder]
* Created a bus for the graphics card slot
* Fixed keyboard
* Promoted driver to working
* Fixed RTC to use 24 hour mode
-victor9k improvements: [Curt Coder]
* Set floppy RPM after track step
* Implemented hires graphics
* Implemented display brightness control
* Fixed keyboard line Y12
* Implemented SCP communications
* Boots to CP/M and MS-DOS now - promoted driver to working
-pofo improvements: [Curt Coder]
* Implemented the A: credit card memory
* Fixed the RTC
* Added memory card slot interface and ROM/RAM cards
-im6402: Reset receive/transmit registers after data frame is changed
-wangpc improvements: [Curt Coder]
* Fixed interrupt handling - boots to DOS now
* Fixed keyboard error on POST
-Fixed missing region report when DEVICE_SELF is used. [O. Galibert]
-dirom: device_rom_interface for sound chips with rom/memory map
alternative [O. Galibert]
* Make robust for oversize ROMs
-dirom,okim6295: Added/fixed banking support. [O. Galibert]
-Preliminary VGM player (vgmplay) [O. Galibert]
-kaneko_calc3: Stop trashing memory. [O. Galibert]
-Fairlight CMI IIx driver: [Ryan Holtz]
* Modernization of Phil's CMI IIx driver
* Hooked up serial callbacks, alphanumeric keyboard now works
* Fixed FDC DMA, QDOS now boots
* Fixed MSM5832 RTC hookup
* Hook up second floppy
-vgmplay.cpp enhancement: [Ryan Holtz]
* Added HuC6280, NES APU, Gameboy DMG, YM2203, YM3812, YM3526,
AY-3-8910, Namco C352, Sega MultiPCM, Konami K053260, Atari POKEY
and Oki M6295 support.
* Added support for looping.
* Added dual-chip support for AY-3-8910, YM2203, MultiPCM, and
-tv990/995: Added save state support and LPT port. [R. Belmont]
-tv950: New redumps, fleshed out the skeleton, needs a CRTC expert to
draw anything. [R. Belmont, Al Kossow]
-ti99 improvements: [Michael Zapf]
* Fixed stuck INT line in TMS9902
* Improved logging
* Fixed missed CTS signal, outgoing RTS, incoming DTR
* Fixed RS232 line mapping
* Fixed debugger access to cartridge
* Use proper RAM devices instead of ROM_REGIONS
* Fix a problem with formatted disk images that do not match the
expected file size
* Fixed another issue with double stepping
-ti99_dsk: Fixed issue with deleted data marks in FM. [Michael Zapf]
-hdc92x4: Added 9224 emulation. [Michael Zapf]
-Added PC-AT mode (still untested), some preparations for 9224
emulation. [Michael Zapf]
-floppy: Improved floppy sound emulation with new sound samples.
-Funworld driver: Added technical notes to Inter Games poker.
-Jolly Card (Austrian, set 2):
* Added specs [Roberto Fresca, Team Europe]
* Added GAL16V8S dump [Team Europe, caius]
-Jolly Joker (Apple Time): Added technical notes. [Roberto Fresca]
-Amatic multigames: Corrected technical notes. [Roberto Fresca]
-alto2 improvements: [Juergen Buchmueller]:
* Added speaker sound
* Further cleanup and removed cruft
* Get rid of the fake status display. Refactor mouse positioning code.
* Removed extra screen buffer
* Save copying odd/even frame scanlines by immediately updating bitmap
* Fixed I/O memory read
* Reduced frame rate (really 30 frames/60 fields per second)
* Replaced decoded MIR bit fields
* Removed member function pointers
* Refactored videotiming, use attoseconds_t
-apricot improvements: [Dirk Best]
* Moved expansion bus to its own directory
* Created bus interface for the keyboard interface
* Made HLE keyboard emulation a bus device
* Use device_buffered_serial_interface and
device_matrix_keyboard_interface for the HLE keyboard emulation to
reduce duplication and implement a FIFO
* Added rtc support to keyboard
-Keyboard/terminal improvements: [Vas Crabb]
* Added base classes for HLE matrix keyboard and buffered RS232 device
* Made generic keyboard/terminal more usable: configurable typematic
delay/rate, selectable JIS/ANSI layout, handle simultaneous
keypresses more intuitively, use meta to set high bit, configurable
auto LF on CR, auto CR on LF and local echo, audible bell
* Untangled Olivetti M20 keyboard from generic_keyboard, add notes, use
* Untangled RM Nimbus keyboard from generic_keyboard aand fix -natural
* Untangled x68k keyboard from generic_keyboard, improve key names,
default mapping and typematic behaviour
* Untangled QX-10 keyboard from generic_keyboard
* Kept NGEN keyboard barely working
-Rewrote srcclean to be cool with UTF-8, C++14 and Lua. [Vas Crabb]
-Fixed UTF-16 encode, pass UTF-16 to Windows character drawing. [Vas Crabb]
-Made path_iterator copy search path to fix use-after-free [Vas Crabb]
-devfind improvements: [Vas Crabb]
* Made object finders behave like pointers (not pointer/reference/
* Removed some default argument values and dangerous accessors
* Use single uniform class for object array finders, using real arrays
to avoid double indirection
* Use a format string to allow more flexible tag names in object array
* Use template using typedefs to greatly reduce bolerplate code
* Consolidated template instantiations speeding up the build
* Added Doxygen comments to many key classes
-Fixed cosmic.cpp and mpu4.cpp games that had too few tags passed to
I/O port array finder [Vas Crabb]
-dooyong.cpp: Video improvements: [Vas Crabb]
* Mix two 4bpp tilemaps for the 8bpp layer in popbingo
* Made ROM tilemap generator into a device, moving a whole lot of stuff
from video start to machine config and removing trampolines
* Changed tile/sprite ROM regions to be 16-bit to better match hardware
* Represent 16-bit text layer block on Z80 games as a device
* Split up state classes some more and use derived machine configs
-Fixed regression: using IPT_START in sms makes mame think joypad 1 is
occupied and inserts joypad 2&3 instead of joypad 1&2 [hap]
-dotrikun improvements: [hap]
* Much better video timing, but still shows glitches in ccovell's ROM
* eat_cycles clamps to 0, adjust_icount does do what I intended
* Try another method for video timing
-gx4000: Don't use IPT_KEYBOARD for console pause button. [hap]
-al520ex: Use correct key name for tvordiy znak. [hap]
-hh_tms1k: Gamelist notes update. [hap]
-hh_hmcs40: Added sag internal artwork (external artwork still
-tlcs90: Fixed a nonsense check. [hap]
-chessmst: Added reset and halt buttons. [hap]
-champbasjb: Fixed MAME complaining about missing MCU device, correct
-lghost: Allow gun offset correction to be disabled. [hap]
-tiamc1: Tilemap bit layers disable control. [MetalliC]
-i8080: Fixed status callbacks during stack and IO access [MetalliC]
-vector06: Improvements: [MetalliC]
* RAM expansion emulated, MicroDOS and software works now
* Fixed ROM cartridge address decoding, boots now
* Changed to use KR1818VG93 FDC
* Added "Sound Tracker" and "R-Sound" AY8910 sound
* Added pit8253 sound
* Fixed vblank interrupt generation
-cv1k.cpp: Found and corrected bad bits in Pink Sweets U2 graphics ROMs
based on comparison 4 dumped versions. [MetalliC, rtw]
-aica: Added ADPCM diff value clamp based on encoder research.
-hp9845: Added correct character generator ROMs. [fulivi, A.Kueckes]
-Use emumem.h defines whenever possible. [Giuseppe Gorgoglione]
-gba: Reworked and simplified code. [Giuseppe Gorgoglione]
-gba: First batch of code refactorings: [Giuseppe Gorgoglione]
* Attempt at modernizing the code by taking advantage of C++ features
-Made hiscore path configurable by ini file, fix .hi file path
-Fixed Gun#2 not working in MAME #618 [Pitou]
-Fixed read case in kaneko_calc3.cpp and made kaneko_toybox.cpp safe as
well. [David Haywood]
-Various Seibu Refactoring: [David Haywood]
* Air Raid, Street Fight and Dark Mist all use very similar video
systems;this takes some steps towards allowing a common
* Street Fight and Cross Shooter use a common mmainboard wiht
different Video Boards; makes video boards into devices to
-Put DM01 matrix board CPU inside device for BFM Sc2/4. [David Haywood]
-Maygay M1A, MCU bones, commuication not hooked up yet. [David Haywood]
-Fixed many MPU4 set descriptions: [David Haywood]
* Identify and mark hacks
* Associate sets with correct games
* Treat Casino Bar-gain and Bar-gain as different games
-Treat Sc2 DMD as screen, avoid tag lookups, add correct DMD ROM to some
sets [David Haywood]
-Maygay M1A/B partial fix for lamp mapping: [John Parker]
* Fix the lamp mapping for the first half of the matrix
* Fix typo and add comment to function that is intended to handle the
second half of the matrix
-Added layouts to Maygay driver: [John Parker]
* These are generated, and will be updated as I MFME2MAME converter is
improved, reels are transcribed, etc.
* m1albsqp, m1apollo2, m1bargnc, m1bghou, m1bigdel, m1calypsa,
m1casclb, m1casroy1, m1chain, m1cik51o, m1clbfvr, m1cluecb1,
m1cluedo4, m1cluessf, m1coro21n, m1dkong91n, m1dxmono51o,
m1eastndl, m1eastqv3, m1fantfbb, m1fightb , m1frexplc, m1gladg,
m1grescb, m1hotpoth, m1htclb, m1imclb, m1infern, m1inwinc,
m1itjobc, m1itskob, m1jpmult, m1lucknon, m1luxorb, m1manhat,
m1monclb, m1mongam, m1monmon, m1monou, m1nhp, m1nudbnke, m1omega,
m1onbusa, m1przeeb, m1retpp, m1search, m1sptlgtc, m1startr,
m1taknot, m1thatlfc, m1topstr, m1triviax, m1trtr, m1ttcash,
-Added new Scorpion 1 layouts: [John Parker]
* sc1barcd, sc1bartk, sc1cl65, sc1clbtma, sc1cwcl, sc1dblch, sc1pwrl,
sc1sirb, sc1spct, sc1str4
-Scorpion 2: Added 12 internal layouts: [John Parker]
* sc2ptytm1, sc2cpe, sc2casr2, sc2majes, sc2eggs1, sc2prom, sc2cpg,
sc2copcl7, sc2town2, sc2suprz1, sc2heypr, sc2prem2
-Scorpion 4: Added 35x Layouts. [John Parker]
-Scorpion 4: Added 73 Layouts. [John Parker]
* sc4jack, sc4kalei, sc4knokb, sc4lirb, sc4lined, sc4lockb, sc4lkbcl,
sc4mmmg, sc4mgr, sc4mtbb, sc4mtbclb, sc4monoba, sc4mondxe,
sc4mr2rc, sc4motor, sc4mou, sc4nmtj, sc4nudita, sc4pacqpa,
sc4paccl, sc4pstata, sc4pgold, sc4po8, sc4ppclb, sc4pipe, sc4plumb,
sc4polic, sc4pony, sc4potsha, sc4pwrbq, sc4pwrsg, sc4pen1c,
sc4qmodo, sc4quidrb, sc4rhxcsa, sc4rhxcl, sc4redsq, sc4rotc,
sc4revod, sc4richl, sc4rttt, sc4roksc, sc4rogds, sc4rmo, sc4rtc,
sc4srrca, sc4smk7, sc4slci, sc4solgl, sc4slihd, sc4sparkd,
sc4sbust, sc4starpk, sc4strk, sc4sahed, sc4susk, sc4suscl, sc4s6cd,
sc4taekw, sc4takcl, sc4tempt, sc4lions, sc4tic2, sc4tbana,
sc4tload, sc4tpshta, sc4trail, sc4ttomb, sc4tridn, sc4tfclb,
sc4vrgclb, sc4wldjkc, sc4xmarka
-JPM IMPACT: Added 58 layouts. [John Parker]
* j6aceclb, j6acehi, j6amdrm, j6arcadee, j6big50, j6bigbukc,
j6bigtopa, j6bnkrcl, j6bnza, j6btbwd, j6camelt, j6casclaf,
j6cascze, j6colcsh, j6cpal, j6crack, j6drdogh, j6euphor, j6ewn,
j6fastfr, j6ffce, j6frtpot, j6gidogh, j6gldclb, j6gogold,
j6goldgla, j6guabc, j6guabcl, j6hapyhrb, j6impulsc, j6indyi, j6kfc,
j6kungfud, j6megbck, j6mono60, j6monst, j6montlkb, j6oxobin,
j6quick, j6ra, j6redarwf, j6reelmn, j6rh6cld, j6rhchil, j6rico,
j6rollerd, j6slagng, j6snakes, j6stards, j6swpdrp, j6tombc,
j6topflg, j6twst, j6untch, j6vindal, j6vivark, j6wizardd, j6wldkng
-MPU3: Added 39 layouts. [John Parker]
* m3acech, m3autort, m3biggam, m3bigsht, m3blkhle, m3cabreta, m3chase,
m3circle, m3cskill, m3cunlim, m3fortun, m3gcrown, m3gmine,
m3lineup, m3loony, m3nnice, m3oddson, m3online, m3oxo, m3ratrce,
m3razdaza, m3replay, m3rockpl, m3rollem, m3rxchng, m3sexcu,
m3slight, m3snaphp, m3spoof, m3supadr, m3supnud, m3supspo,
m3supwin, m3sweep, m3tfair, m3toplin, m3winagnb, m3winstr, m3xchngg
-Scorpion 4: Mostly fixed 7-segment displays. [John Parker]
-Maygay: Fixed input strobe order bug [John Parker]
-Updated regenerated Maygay layouts; all now initialise OK.
* Updated due to Converter bugfixes.
-Maygay: Added/updated layouts: [John Parker]
* Layouts have the new 'MFME2MAME Debug View'
* Layouts have new fix (same as MPU4) for 'coin slot buttons'
* Some reel lamp improvement for 5th reel
* Added four new layouts
-JPM MPS: Added 89 Layouts: [John Parker]
* j2adnote, j2always, j2bankch, j2bigbnk, j2bigbox, j2blustr,
j2cashbn, j2cashrl, j2cashro, j2cashrv, j2cashtk, j2coinsh,
j2coppot, j2cprndx, j2criscr, j2crown, j2cshalm, j2cshcrd,
j2cshfil, j2cshnud, j2cshsmh, j2cvault, j2droplt, j2ewn, j2ews,
j2exec, j2fasttk, j2fiveal, j2fiveln, j2fqueen, j2frucnx,
j2fullhs, j2fws, j2ghostb, j2gldchy, j2goldbr, j2hilocl, j2hinote,
j2hiroll, j2hitmon, j2hotpot, j2hotsht, j2hypnot, j2jackbr,
j2kingcl, j2litean, j2litnot, j2lovshd, j2lovsht, j2luckar,
j2lucky2, j2maxima, j2missis, j2monblt, j2mongam, j2montrp,
j2nolimt, j2notesh, j2nudbnz, j2nudfev, j2nudmon, j2nudshf,
j2paypkt, j2penny, j2plsmnd, j2plsnud, j2pndrsh, j2rdclb,
j2reelbn, j2reelbo, j2reelcz, j2reelmc, j2reelmo, j2silvcl,
j2silvsh, j2sldgld, j2slvrgh, j2spcrsv, j2sstrea, j2stahed,
j2supfrc, j2suprsh, j2supsft, j2supstp, j2suptrk, j2swbank,
j2take2, j2trail, j2tstplt
-JPM SYSTEM5: Added 21 layouts: [John Parker]
* j5ar80cla, j5cira, j5fairp, j5firebl, j5hollyc, j5hotdoga,
j5indsum, j5intr, j5movie, j5nite, j5palma, j5popeye, j5sizl,
j5supbara, j5suphi, j5swop, j5term, j5topshp, j5trail, j5ujb,
-BFM DMD: Adjusted to more accurately match the colour of the real
machines [John Parker]
-Techno Drive improvements [superctr]
* Fix H8 ADC inputs
* Sub CPU seems to expect certain H8 SCI behavior, otherwise it locks
up after a few minutes making controls unresponsive.
* Bypassed 'COIN ERROR' at bootup by patching the sub CPU program
* Swapped 'th1fl3l.12' and 'th1fl3u.13' and placed them at proper
memory location (0x1800000) so game no longer crashes at Namco logo
-namconb1: fix sound timing for some games [superctr]
* fixes the sound tempo in nebulray, gslugrsj, gslgr94u and clones,
-Byteswapped timecris sample ROM, remove MACHINE_IMPERFECT_SOUND flags
for C352 games. [superctr]
-Namco C352 improvements: [superctr]
* Replaced C352 core with new one used in VGMPlay (fixes noise
generation and sample interpolation)
* Change clock frequencies for sub CPU and sound chip for
System 12/23 drivers based on my research on the sound drivers,
including a comparison between the ND-1 and System 12 drivers
* Removed rear channels for systems that lack a second Sanyo
LC78815M stereo DAC
-kim1: RS & ST keys, input ports update: [Dagarman]
* Hooked up the ST key and updated RS key function
* Updated INPUT_PORTS to add numpad keys and better support pasting
* Moved type definitions to kim1.h
* Simplified kim1.lay coordinates
-Documented 3 diagnostic menu bugs in the Vii's BIOS.
-Fixed action on debugger 'trace'/'traceover' commands: [Nathan Woods]
* 'trace'/'traceover' commands were registered as having three
arguments, this fixes it so there are four arguments
-Fixed some MC6847 low resolution video modes: [Nathan Woods]
* Fixed a bug from where video data was sampled that could cause too
many samples to be loaded in low resolution video modes
* On the CoCo, this fixes some low resolution video modes used by
Project Nebula and some other games
-CoCo 1/2: Fixed configurable RAM sizes: [Nathan Woods]
* Changes the 6883 SAM implementation to assume memory bank lengths
smaller than available space are not mirrored
-Made rom_entry a class that keeps copies of strings: [Nathan Woods]
* Also introduce a POD tiny_rom_entry for static ROM definitions
* C++-fiied code that iterates over rom_entry arrays
-diimage refactoring: [Nathan Woods]
* Changed device_image_interface::load() so that it doesn't load both
images and softlist items
* Remove vestigial has_been_created() API
* Consolidated error code translation
* Use std::string rather than C strings in more cases
* Better encapsulation of format list
* Better encapsulation of filename extension extraction
-software list refactoring: [Nathan Woods]
* Separation of software list data structure from runtime device
* Use std::string rather than C strings in many cases
* Standardized terminology for various concepts
-Converted many NUL-terminated strings to std::string: [Nathan Woods]
* Parameters to zippath and emufile
-Check return value of CassetteLegacyWaveFiller.chunk_sample_calc()
(this is just better error checking). [Nathan Woods]
-Changed device_image_interface::determine_open_plan() to not create an
image unless device_image_interface::create() is used. This fixes odd
behavior where zero byte images could be created. [Nathan Woods]
-Report Win32 ERROR_INVALID_NAME as osd_file::error::NOT_FOUND
-Fixed menu lag. [dankan1890]
-Use required_ioport_array for multiple keyboards. [shattered]
-ec1841: Adapted to new memory system. [shattered]
-mc1502: Made serial test in BIOS work. [shattered]
-poisk1, mc1502: Minor fixes. [shattered]
-vt240: Fixed host comms when flow control is enabled. [shattered]
-dvk_ksm: Fixed host comms, added PORT_CHARs to its keyboard.
-dvk_ksm: Dropped dvk_ksm01 variant and merged ROM sets; enabled tx to
its keyboard. [shattered]
-ms7004: Enabled serial rx and add PORT_CHARs. [shattered]
-keyboard: Added F16..F20 keys (present on DEC terminals). [shattered]
-isa_hdc: Implemented READSBUFF command (used by ec1841 diagnostics).
-Remapped "P1 Mahjong Score" to / key for OS X. [AJR]
-New core input type: "Memory Reset": [AJR]
* Resets settings/bookkeeping to system-provided default
* The default key binding F1
-Designated more memory reset inputs in mahjong games. [AJR]
-dynax.cpp: Regularized service inputs. [AJR]
-Attempted to fix distortion with -refreshspeed and -audio xaudio2.
-New stretching options (as suggested by Jezze): [Calamity]
* New option -unevenstretchy (complementary to -unevenstretchx)
* New option -autostretchxy, to automatically apply -unevenstretchx
or -unevenstretchy based on source native orientation.
-Warp mode for relative mouse on OSX SDL 2.0.4 (fixes Github issue
-sengokmj: Inputs refined based on examination of program code: [AJR]
* All service inputs are momentary switches, not DIP toggles
* Added unused SW2 DIPs as displayed in service mode
* Added a couple of obscure inputs not shown in service mode
-pwrkick, othldrby: Various improvements: [AJR]
* Added NVRAM to Power Kick and Othello Derby; document the reset
mechanism for the latter
* Added ticket dispenser to Power Kick (seems to work for the most part)
* Removed numerous bogus DIP switches
* Thoroughly reconfigured coin inputs in Power Kick, adding counters
and lockouts for all three (including the "Key In" input that
* More meaningful settings for the "Payout" DIP switch in Power Kick
(based on program code)
-skylncr.cpp: Improvements to almost all games: [AJR]
* Use standard input mappings in all games except Sonik Fighter
* Added working hopper outputs and payout buttons
* Promoted mbutrfly to WORKING after solving the protection (the code
wasn't encrypted) and add the button lamps internally associated
* Decrypted bdream97, which is almost working now with obvious
graphical glitches and some apparent input problems
-kurukuru, ppj: Input/output improvements: [AJR]
* Ticket dispenser now works
* Corrected "Payout Mode" DIP settings
* Corrected DSW1 settings in Pyon Pyon Jump
* Renamed coin inputs and coin-related DIP switches and order by
* Removed "Unknown" inputs that aren't actually used
* Full character names only for Kuru Kuru Pyon Pyon
* Reset button now mapped as "Memory Reset"
* Random notes based on program code
-Show color values in palette viewer: [AJR]
* Move the mouse over a color rectangle to show index and RGB values
* For indirect pens, index of the corresponding color is also shown
* For colors in normal RAM-based palettes, the raw value in memory is
also shown (does not currently work with most buffered palettes,
and is incompatible with PROM-based or RAMDAC-based palettes)
-Validity checking improvements: [AJR]
* Always print the name of each driver with -validate -verbose before
check to help detect crashes
* Softlists get validated the first time, not every time but the
* Make address maps complain when entry bounds lie outside the global
-Midway V-Unit imrprovements: [Risugami]
* Added layouts for Cruis'n USA, Cruis'n World, and Off Road Challenge
* Added wheel force feedback reference and made notes on other outputs
* Finished implementing the Galil command communication
* Finished implementing motion controller
-Decrypted River Patrol (Japan), game now working. [MASH]
-Fixed PROMs in Dribbling (dumped a Dribbling PCB with different
PROMs). [f205v, MASH]
-Added missing PAL dump to Green Beret (bootleg). [MASH]
* Same PAL dump also in suprmriobl, drhl and ddragon6809a
-Added video proms to Turkey Shoot and Mystic Marathon. [MASH]
-Fixed arcade only build (cshooter.cpp changed to airraid.cpp). [MASH]
-Added proper SMT Flash dumps to deluxe4u. [system11]
-dynax.cpp: dumped color PROMs for Intergirl [f205v]
-arkanoid.cpp: Cleaned up comments; updated notes about which MCUs are
used. [Lord Nightmare]
-Synchronise with PinMAME and add many new pinball sets [Osso]
New machines added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
Alto-II [Juergen Buchmueller]
TeleNova Compis [Curt Coder]
Atari Portfolio [Curt Coder]
Victor 9000 [Curt Coder]
Wang Professional Computer [Curt Coder]
Vector 06c [MetalliC]
Magical Butterfly (version U350C, protected) [AJR]
River Patrol (Japan) [MASH]
Techno Drive (Japan, TD/VER. [superctr]
Select-A-Game: Baseball 4 [hap, Kevin Horton]
Select-A-Game: Pinball [hap, Kevin Horton]
New clones added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
Compis II [Curt Coder]
The NewZealand Story (US, old version) (older PCB)
[CoolMod, The Dumping Union]
Metamorphic Force (ver AAA) [Abelardo Vidal]
Virtua Cop 3 (Rev [shouTime, rtw]
Air Gallet (older) [Artemio Urbina]
Super Hang-On (Hang-On conversion, Japan, FD1094 317-0039)
[Charles MacDonald, ShouTime]
Deluxe 4 U (ver. 0107, 07/01/2000) [caius]
Dealer's Choice (E4A1) [brian Troha, The Dumping Union]
Terminator 2 - Judgment Day (rev LG1 11/04/91) [bicycle Repairman]
OutRun 2 Special Tours (Japan) (Rev A) (GDX-0011A) [shouTime, rtw]
Casino Five (3315-02, U5-2B) [brian Troha, The Dumping Union]
Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 2 (Japan) (Rev A) [shouTime, rtw]
Jolly Card (Austrian, set 2) [Roberto Fresca, Team Europe]
Golden Tee '98 Tournament (v3.02) [brian Troha, The Dumping Union]
Gals Panic S - Extra Edition (Europe, set 2)
[Hammy, The Dumping Union]
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (US 4 Players, version H) [The Iron Goat]
Gulf Storm (Korea) [system11]
Champion Base Ball (Japan set 3) [siftware, MASH]
Escape from Mars (bootleg of Lunar Rescue) [siftware, MASH]
New Zero Team (V33 SYSTEM TYPE_B hardware) [caius]
New machines marked as NOT_WORKING
CMI IIx [Ryan Holtz]
Quest of D [f205v]
Mobile Suit Gundam 0079 Card Builder
[any, f205v, ShouTime, soyandroid, rtw]
Mobile Suit Gundam 0079 Card Builder Ver.2.02
[any, f205v, ShouTime, soyandroid, rtw]
Mobile Suit Gundam 0083 Card Builder [f205v, soyandroid]
Mobile Suit Gundam 0083 Card Builder Check Disk
[any, f205v, ShouTime, rtw]
Mobile Suit Gundam 0083 Card Builder Ver.2.10
[any, f205v, ShouTime, soyandroid, rtw]
Ring & Ball (?) [Hammy]
The Key Of Avalon 2.5 - War of the Key (server) (Rev
The Key Of Avalon 2.5 - War of the Key (client) (Rev
Tandy/Memorex Video Information System MD-2500 [Carl, Sly DC]
Select-A-Game: Space Invader 2 [hap, Kevin Horton]
Unknown Inter Games poker [Roberto Fresca, Team Europe]
Unknown Funworld A7-11 game 1 [Roberto Fresca, Team Europe]
Unknown Funworld A0-1 game [Roberto Fresca, Team Europe]
Multi Game I (unknown V2.4) [Roberto Fresca, Team Europe]
New clones marked as NOT_WORKING
Jolly Joker (Apple Time) [Roberto Fresca, Team Europe]
Jungler (Subelectro, bootleg on Scramble hardware)
Unknown Funworld A7-11 game 2 [Roberto Fresca, Team Europe]
Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune (Japan) (Rev [shouTime, rtw]
New WORKING software list additions
pc98_cd.xml: added more disks + FM Towns hybrids [rzero9]
fmtowns_cd.xml: new dumps [rzero9]
coco_cart.xml: Switched 'cclimbra' to 'cclimber'. [Nathan Woods]
pofo.xml: Dumped the File Manager/Tutorial card. [Curt Coder]
New NOT_WORKING software list additions
gba_ereader.xml: Animal Crossing Series 2 [shideravan]
Translations added or modified
Catalan [Jordi Mallach]
By oldhag270Here is MAME x64 0.170 w/No Nag+Hi Score+Direct Input
By sevensealno nag patch only
MAMETesters Bugs Fixed
- 06288: [interface] UI:: Selecting "Category" after listing "Favorites"
causes exception (Vas Crabb)
- 06291: [interface] (carpolo.c) carpolo: Unable to view recorded video made
with -video bgfx/-window (Jezze)
- 06286: [Misc.] (segaorun.c) shangon: Captured AVI video from this game shows
only sound, no image (Angelo Salese)
- 06263: [interface] UI: Choosing any filter which has no data makes the UI
unrecoverable (Maurizio Petrarota)
- 06280: [interface] PLUGINS: The plugin.ini file is created in the current folder
when it should be created in the "ini" path. (crazyc)
- 06279: [interface] PLUGINS: pluginspath does not resolve $HOME (crazyc)
- 06285: [Gameplay] (vendetta.c) esckids, esckidsj: Slowdowns in gameplay (Osso)
- 06284: [interface] Watchdog dialog is not able to be captured (cuavas)
- 06246: [Graphics] (legionna.c) cupsocsb, cupsocsb2: Black screen (Angelo Salese)
- 06268: [Crash/Freeze] MAME can crash when switching languages (Vas Crabb)
- 06266: [DIP/Input] (seta.c) metafox: Bonus_Life DIPSETTING values and labels are incorrect (Tafoid)
- 06262: [Crash/Freeze] All sets using SHARC drc: Crash when running DRC (Linux only?) (Ville Linde)
- 06305: [Crash/Freeze] (atpci.c) at586, at586x3, ficvt503: Use of -kbd slot options
3270pc or pcat causes crash (crazyc)
- 06304: [Crash/Freeze] (mac.c) macse30: Crash when attempting to use any slot option for -pds030 (Osso)
- 06309: [Crash/Freeze] (mac.c) macsefd: Crash on Exit using -pds slot (Osso)
- 05534: [Crash/Freeze] (pc8001.c) All sets in pc8001.c: Crash after OK (Robbbert)
- 06324: [Crash/Freeze] (funkball.c) funkball: Fatal Error at Start (Osso)
- 06323: [Debugger] (psikyosh.c) gunbird2, s1945iii: Crash when attempting to use -cheat (AJR)
- 06313: [Crash/Freeze] (victor9k.c) Crash when using -fdc:5d:0 and -fdc:5d:1 slot with '525ssqd' option (Pernod)
- 06312: [Crash/Freeze] (osborne1.c) Crash when using -mb8877:0 and -mb8877:1 slot with '525sssd' option (Pernod)
- 06311: [Crash/Freeze] (myb3k.c) Crash when using -fdc:0 and -fdc:1 slot with '525sssd' option (Pernod)
- 06281: [Crash/Freeze] astrocde [280zzap]: 280Zzzap/Dodgem Cartridge Resets (Duke)
-Scorpion4 7segment displays mostly fixed [John Parker]
-Fixed coinage in Touchmaster 2000-8000 [MASH]
-z80scc: fix dropped character problem for sun4_75, and fix edge cases
where datasheet recommendations are ignored allowing sun3/sun4 to
recognise keyboard and hk68v10 to work with correct SCC clock
[Joakim Larsson Edstrom]
-pc9801: fixed mouse buttons [rzero9]
-coco3 improvements: [milliluk]
* improve palettes and support alternate composite mode
* GIME fix for scanlines in legacy graphic modes
-m6809: Improve debugging support for 6809/6309 cpus [milliluk]
-GNU/kFreeBSD support [stevenc99]
-Add arch defines for Linux alpha and mips64el. [Jordi Mallach]
-Take pkg-config path from env if defined [bernhard Frauendienst]
-Name Neo-Geo AES, NeoGeo CD and FM Towns Marty buttons [shideravan]
-Updated *nix man pages. [Cesare Falco]
-poisk1: unbreak after "Memory fun", add B623 sound card (skeleton) [shattered]
-r9751: Add save state support, document progress and clean up, add PROM
version 4.2 [brandon Munger]
-ym2151, ym2413: Isolate, objectify, integrate [O. Galibert]
-add Net-DIMM 3.03 firmware [letoram, gamerfan, Mark F., Smitdogg, The Dumping Union]
-Netlist improvements: [Couriersud]
* nltool now accepts -Ddefine=value to pass on to netlists
* improved option handling and added "dummy" options to add grouping
and examples in help output.
* improved --cmd=listdevices output
* Fix dynamic timestepping. This will work with breakout using real
capacitor modelling instead of delay devices. Really slow, but
very useful to calibrate timings.
* Fix an awful bug in timing for delay devices.
* Switched to clang 3.8 and made code compile with aggressive warnings.
This exposed serious issues with implicit constructors.
* Removed trampolines (OUTLOGIC, INPLOGIC and friends).
* Started using doxygen comment and documentation style. Added
doxygen files to documentation folder.
* Refactored code triggered by doxygen output.
* Moved internal and support classes into namespace detail.
* Use an unordered map in parser.
* Added iterators to pstring.
* Moved two macros, added more RAII and improved exceptions. Fixed
some bugs in parser code.
* Fixed a number of bugs in parser code and exception handling.
-Forte Card: Switched the ver 110 (spanish) to parent set since it's a
newer version. Also cleaned up the driver. [Roberto Fresca]
-Render module improvements: [Giuseppe Gorgoglione]
* Direct3D HLSL: use aviwrite to record AVI movies
* Cleanup patches for Direct3D renderer
* BGFX: fix crash when bgfx effect folder is not present
-Fixed priority issues in Legionnaire, Heated Barrel, Denjin Makai and
Godzilla [Angelo Salese]
-opwolf.cpp: fix all the gameplay problems by improving the c-chip
protection simulation [bryan McPhail]
-Miscellaneous modernisation: [Nathan Woods]
* File create and format refactoring, better name/path validation
(with POSIX implementation from Vas Crabb)
* Use string objects in in core_file static functions, menu items,
strconv functions, image device extensions and softlist classes
* Consolide default implementation of create_option_guide()
* Filesel cleanup
* Migrate softlist code from simple_list to std::list
-Added crt-geom and crt-geom-deluxe shaders for bgfx including several
aperture grille/shadow mask patterns (designed for RGB subpixel order)
-Added option hide ROMless machines from the availables list.
* Added SPARCStation 1+, 4/110, and 4/4x0 ROMs [Al Kossow]
* SPARC CPU core fixes [Ryan Holtz, Vas Crabb]
* Preliminary counter/timer support [R. Belmont]
* Separated sun4 and sun4c, started implementing unique original sun4
features. [R. Belmont]
* Support both 8 and 16 context variants of sun4c arch [R. Belmont]
* Improved original sun4 architecture support [R. Belmont]
* Initial FDC hookup [Ryan Holtz]
* Improved timers, logging - sun4_40 runs FORTH programs at ok
prompt [Ryan Holtz]
-Add high-level emulation of Sun type 3/4/5/6 keyboards [Vas Crabb]
* U.S.A, Great Britain, Sweden and Japan layouts for Type 5
* Layout selection settings for Type 4 and Type 5
* Identification selection for type 4
* Adaptor for connecting to RS-232 port representing level translator
* Hook up to sun3, sun4 and sun4c
-zeroteam: improve sprite/sprite priorities [AJR]
-feversoc.cpp: Hook up EEPROM; remap buttons, hook up lamps and serial RTC [AJR]
-denjinmk: hack sound comms to work without ROM patch [AJR]
-vt100.cpp: Add the older vt102/vt131 romset to the vt131 driver as
another bios set [Lord Nightmare, Al Kossow]
-Corrected many Mahjong dip switches and settings [system11]
* Fixes for: Mahjong Focus, Nozokimeguri Mahjong Peep Show,
Mahjong Fantasic Love & Ojousan
* Various Video System Mahjong dip switches
-Final enhancements to HP TACO driver [fulivi]
-Further IRQ passthrough cleanup [AJR]
* Remove irq_line methods from M6502, M6800, M6809, S2600 and replace
uses with DEVCB_INPUTLINE
* Remove a few IRQ passthroughs from spiders.cpp
* Add several aliases for M6800_IRQ_LINE
-Increase uismall.bdf coverage: [Vas Crabb]
* Complete coverage of Latin Extended-A, most of Latin Extended-B
* Monotonic Greek
* Full ISO-8859-5 Cyrillic, many other Cyrillic characters
* Half-width katakana
* Some IPA Extensions
-UI refactoring: [Vas Crabb]
* Move most main launch menu stuff out of the base menu class
* Move some common code from selgame and selsoft into selmenu
* Eliminate the troublesome static members in ui::menu
* Eliminate some function statics
* Move palette menu drawing code out of base into palette menu class
* Use std::bind, references where nullptr is unacceptable, and const
* Improve encapsulation of class members
* Reduce repeated string allocation in audit code
* Don't play so fast and loose with integer types
* Eliminate some expensive deep copies of vectors/maps
* .h -> .ipp for things that aren't really headers
* Remove members that have lifecycle associated with operation
-DPS1: system boots up, working [Robbbert]
-bankdev: pass through the debugger flag from the incoming space
argument [R. Belmont]
-Apollo changes: [Hans Ostermeyer]
* Keyboard mapping adjusted to fit current MAME
* Fixed screen raw parameters
* Fixed disp.dex Test 20 (Video SYNC Gen. Add. Test) for color
-3c505: The Ethernet frame check sequence is now appended to transmit
data [Hans Ostermeyer]
-input_common: fixed 0.172 regression for non-US keyboards
-fix item hilighting in debugger state view when scrolling [Vas Crabb]
-Introduce validity checks for RGB utilities and fix bugs uncovered [Vas Crabb]
* Fix rgbvmx on Linux ppc64 and ppc64le targets with GCC 5
* Added several missing functions to rgbgen
* Fixed logical shift right in rgbgen
* Fixed sra that should be sra_imm in rdptpipe
* Added some simple SSE4.1 optimisations in rgbsse
* Re-organised rgbsse, rgbvmx and rgbgen to be in more logical order
* Fixed return type on some modifying operators
* Made some more reference parameters const
* Removed inline qualifier from a number of methods as it's implied
when body is present at declaration
* Mark some constructors explicit
-null_modem: rtscts flow control + relevant fix to i8251 [shattered]
-Updated driver with new information related to ID and gamelist for
tourvis.cpp [system11, Tafoid]
-Fix archimedes disk format [O. Galibert]
-apple2: don't allow debugger to trigger slot switching [Peter Ferrie]
-tiamc1: Kot-Rybolov implemented sound, documentation updates [MetalliC]
-Tia-MC1 driver: Added support for KR580VV55A parallel peripheral
interface (clone of i8255), added technical notes about some odd
behaviour with some ports, listed the specs of Kot-Rybolov hardware,
and added all clocks via #define. [Roberto Fresca]
-amstrad: fix undocumented mode 3. [barry Rodewald]
-bbc: added monitor configuration (Colour, B&W, Green, Amber) and
preliminary slots for expansion [Nigel Barnes]
-Flaming 7's, original custom hardware improvement: [Roberto Fresca]
* Reverse-engineer protection to bypass the requested serial number.
The iButton device still needs to be hooked. Promoted these games to
working with their correspondent flags.
* Added tech notes, comments and instructions to boot the machine for
-Flaming 7's, Taiwanese hardware: Reverse-engineer protection to bypass
the requested serial number. The iButton device still needs to be
hooked. Promoted the game to working with its correspondent flags.
Added technical notes. [Roberto Fresca]
-hiscore.dat: Updates [Leezer]
-alto2: Hunting the jiggly cursor bug [Juergen Buchmueller]
-chihiro: added 837-13551 jvs input device, completed the communication
with jvs devices through usb [samuele Zannoli]
-chihiro: game crtaxihr "Crazy Taxi High Roller (Rev B)" boots too [samuele Zannoli]
Translations added or modified
Chinese (simplified/traditional) [YuiFAN]
Japanese [Vas Crabb]
Portuguese (Brazil) [Ashura-X]
New machines added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
Swing Gal [bET] [system11]
Player's Choice (M4C1) [blair Quinney, The Dumping Union]
Gorodki [shiru8bit, IgorR76, '15kop' arcade museum]
Kot Rybolov [MetalliC, shiru8bit, IgorR76, '15kop' arcade museum]
Flaming 7 (Custom Hardware, Main, 50 Bonus) [Roberto Fresca]
Flaming 7 (Custom Hardware, Main, 500 Bonus) [Roberto Fresca]
Flaming 7 (Custom Hardware, Main, 2000 Bonus) [Roberto Fresca]
Flaming 7 (Custom Hardware, Egyptian Gold, 2000 Bonus) [Roberto Fresca]
Flaming 7 (Taiwanese Hardware, unknown version) [Roberto Fresca]
TeleVideo 990 [R. Belmont, Al Kossow, Carl]
TeleVideo 995-65 [R. Belmont, Al Kossow, Carl]
New clones added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
Beastie Feastie (Epos Tristar 9000 hardware) [The Iron Goat]
Raiden Fighters 2 - Operation Hell Dive (Japan set 3) [ironGiant]
LTM Portable (B+) [Nigel Barnes]
LTM Portable (Master) [Nigel Barnes]
Bubble Trouble (World, Rev [Alex Cmaylo, The Dumping Union]
Sensory Chess Challenger 9 (set 2) [anonymous]
Operation Thunderbolt (World, rev 1) [Muddymusic, The Dumping Union]
Digital Equipment Corporation VT240 [Carl]
Elektronika MC7105 [shattered]
New machines marked as NOT_WORKING
Tomy Prin-C [TeamEurope]
Datamax 8000 [Robbbert]
New clones marked as NOT_WORKING
BT Merlin M2105 [Nigel Barnes]
New WORKING software list additions
pc98_cd.xml: Final batch of additions [rzero9]
pce_tourvision.xml: Added a number of new dumps (15) [system11, Tafoid]
poisk1_flop.xml: Added basic softlist [shattered]
New NOT_WORKING software list additions
gamate.xml: Volcano Panic [Juan Felix Mateos and Mr. Postman]
gamate.xml: Hot Hero; Baseball [Peter Wilhelmsen]
gba_ereader.xml: Starting work doing the GBA e-reader software-list [shideravan]
By sevensealfirst release of the project thanks to Robert for continuing where Mamesick has left off. Mamesick is not gone but just not greatly active
this has my personal patching for no nag
By TurraniusThis package contains two files to be placed with HyperSpin.exe
You can select to start them instead of HyperSpin.exe.
HyperSpinFullScreen.exe = Starts HyperSpin in fullscreen mode.
HyperSpinNotFullScreen.exe = Starts HyperSpin in windowed mode.
I do not expect a lot of people to use this, but I have my HyperSpin setup on the network for multiple machines.
On my work computer, where I set everything up, I do not want to start HS in fullscreen.
On my arcade machines, I do want to start it fullscreen.
I always forgot to change manually so it always opens the "wrong" way.
Running HyperSpinNotFullScreen.exe on my work computer and HyperSpinFullScreen.exe on my arcade machines makes sure they always start HS in the correct way.
All it really does it change the FullScreen value in Settings.ini to either true or false before launching "HyperSpin.exe".
Sources are included...
By sevensealpatch with no nag, replace original exe on the fresh install of mameuifx 0.174.1
By sevensealpatch with MKChamp + more
will be updated later
Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.