Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Please help!!

o0bigbossuk0o

Hi guys sorry to ask but I bought a 4tb hyperspin external hard drive and it's not as described. It's supposed to be plug and play all latest versions but unfortunately the company I bought it from lied about the product. I'm not very pc minded and saw the videos and thought I would love something like this for me and my children. I payed over £200 for it and have got no idea what to do with it now?

Any advise would be much appreciated.

Cheers

At least you were honest about something that is frowned upon around here.  That probably is not going to warrant  you much help though.  The first thing I would ask is can you get in touch with the people who sold it to you and sort it out with them?  The reason I ask is because what you have essentially done is bought a Lego set put together with no instructions.  It is nearly impossible to tell you how to put that set together outside of having you start from scratch.

The good news though is that most of the time, those drives have complete rom sets which, in my experience, can be some of the most time consuming aspects of HyperSpin.  You can use those roms in conjunction with HyperSpin/RocketLauncher and it should resolve any issues that you have.  Unfortunately, I, nor anyone here can look at your drive and tell you what is wrong outside of actually seeing the drive.  Since you bought the drive (again a no-no around here) most people are not even going to try to help.  And please do not take that as us being rude but since you say that you are not pc minded it is virtually impossible to explain to you what you need to know.  You have a very complex piece of software that runs many other complex pieces of software that you know nothing about and you want us to [quickly] tell you how to fix it.  This is the exact reason buying a drive is frowned upon.  We advocate taking the time to learn it so that when you have a problem (and you will) you will be able to fix it.  So you have the roms, now you have to learn the software.

You will not find too much help around here for those pre built stuff. They strongly suggest not buying one of these drives actually. Hypersipn is free and that 200 could have gotten you platinum memberships here and at emumovies as well. Not mandatory, but helps setup a lot!

I sympathize with you and you can try fiddling but Hyperspin is not really a plug and play sort of thing. Every PC is different. All the emu's probably need to be set up for your system. Some even require other program's to be installed on your system (DTLite for example). Also paths are a big issue. A lot stuff is ok with relative paths, other settings depend on full paths to work correctly.

Hopefully at the very least, all the rom files are on the drive and it's well organized. If all else fails, install a fresh Hyperspin and start setting up 1 system at a time. A better understanding of all the myriad of options is needed and there are plenty of guides here to get you going.

Good luck.

I did from scratch as well.. Andd it´s funy as hell,. Still not finished, far from.. But still 141 systems up and running so far.. But atleast 40% aren´t joystick configured thats my next goal for this setup =)

I appreciate you guys giving me the advice, it seems I will have to start from scratch and try to learn this from the ground up!!

Thank you for your time

Some pre-made drives have an instruction text file right there on the harddrive that will tell you what to do to make it work. What to install what to map the drive as etc...

If that isn't there then contact the sellers for instructions.

• 5 weeks later...

my friend got one a few months ago! not a good idea for a plug n play device. very old hyperspin stuff like fly videos, 2 days to fix dreamcast Roms

because they were rar'ed twice! i was happy that there were a complete playstation Rom set and also a sega saturn. merged mame Roms with romvolt 3 Roms missing! awesome.full gamecube images. 

good for a Rom fix for your own system. but i wouldn't buy for a plug n play device there shit! old as. and not complete. junk to fill the space giving you the feeling your getting a lot of stuff but there will be over lapping of systems using mame Rom's, where they could use the same pot instead of using 20 Roms of the same name in there own respective Rom folder.

only buy for roms etc nothing more. saves you time in downloading them. remember Rom renamer is your friend! and good luck! 

Archived