Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Son of a... Street Fighter 5 won't work in a cab?

Metalzoic

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, smoothop said:

What lanucer are you guys using for this ?

i have the game just need the launcher ?

It's a PC game. There is no launcher or emulator... you're already playing it on a PC.

You set it up using the PCLauncher module like you would with any PC/Steam game. Follow the module instructions. And maybe this will help

this is great, got this working only 2 player controls for street fighter iv don't work. lol

I have a street fighter v for taito cant get that to run though gotta do some research on taito a bit more I think

but thanks guys great support

2 hours ago, smoothop said:

this is great, got this working only 2 player controls for street fighter iv don't work. lol

I have a street fighter v for taito cant get that to run though gotta do some research on taito a bit more I think

but thanks guys great support

Street Fighter V for Taito? Never heard of such a thing. Can anyone confirm? 

• 4 weeks later...

So this issue also exists with Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 and Street Fighter 5.  I have never been able to get XboxCE to work even with using vjoy first.  There seems to be a group of us out in the world who have keyboard encoders (IPAC2 (old), IPAC4) that need a keyboard to xinput converter.  I would contribute $100 for this, sigh....

Or, rebuild my cab with an IPAC that supports xinput output... and then reconfigure EVERYTHING else.

Open to ideas, suggestions, etc

Good new on this Street fighter V, get the delux edition from steam.

i used an AHK script to re asign the default key board buttons b,n,m,g,h,j,k etc to the standard ipac buttons. 

if any one wants my script hit me a message 

On 4/29/2017 at 7:06 AM, xul said:

So this issue also exists with Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 and Street Fighter 5.  I have never been able to get XboxCE to work even with using vjoy first.  There seems to be a group of us out in the world who have keyboard encoders (IPAC2 (old), IPAC4) that need a keyboard to xinput converter.  I would contribute $100 for this, sigh....

Or, rebuild my cab with an IPAC that supports xinput output... and then reconfigure EVERYTHING else.

Which ipac version support xinput output?

On 5/3/2017 at 5:59 PM, smoothop said:

Good new on this Street fighter V, get the delux edition from steam.

i used an AHK script to re asign the default key board buttons b,n,m,g,h,j,k etc to the standard ipac buttons. 

if any one wants my script hit me a message 

This is good news . Both Player 1 and 2 working with ipac?
Mate are you using default mame ipac settings?
Can you share your AHK script and guide how to set it up. please
cheers

On 29/04/2017 at 0:06 AM, xul said:

Get the lastet update for Marvel vs Capcom 3.... you can now assign keys

2 hours ago, smoothop said:

will do,  this evning when i get home from work. :)

You have both players working? I thought the game didn't have keyboard binds for player two? I haven't found them anywhere. Both arrows and awsd control player one. 

47 minutes ago, smoothop said:

no sorry, i havnt mapped out player 2 yet, will take alook at that tonight. but i cant see it being that hard

It's not hard, it's impossible lol. There are no keyboard binds for player 2. 

8 hours ago, smoothop said:
On 4/28/2017 at 7:06 PM, xul said:

Are you using the correct version of vjoy? you need to use the verion here:  http://headsoft.com.au/index.php?category=vjoy    not here:   http://vjoystick.sourceforge.net/site/

They are TOTALLY different version and do different things, try the vjoy from headsoft, that's the version i use that works...

THEN after you have headsoft vjoy up and running, THEN you use xboxce

Hey guys, good news, I got this working with two players on an ipac! I'd like to give major credit to Donannis as I borrowed heavily from his method. First thing you have to do is make sure that you have the deluxe version of SFV. This version supports direct input so the only third party software you need is VJoy. Here are the steps:

1. make sure you have Street Fighter V Deluxe Edition

2. download VJoy from http://headsoft.com.au/index.php?category=vjoy

3. configure VJoy using the attached pics as reference. Click the ellipsis next to each button in VJoy and press the indicated button on your control panel. Make sure the options circled are selected. 

4. click "save ini" on the bottom and save it as vjoy.ini then close VJoy. Make sure you exit completely by clicking the x on the top right, a prompt stating "are you sure?" should appear. If you click "ok" or "close" on the bottom right it will remain in the Icon Tray so don't do that.

5. launch SFV, you will get a prompt stating "Your DirectInput controller will now be authenticated". Press any key on your keyboard to skip this. If this is your first time running SFV Deluxe, skip through all of the intro videos and fights. Use Enter to skip through and to bring up the menu when in the initial fights and B to select skip battle. When you see the screen titled "Street Fighter V's Network Battles" keep pressing N.  You'll see the "DirectInput" screen again, press any key on your keyboard to skip it. Once you're in the main menu, quit the game. 

6. open VJoy and launch SFV while VJoy is open

7. using button 4 (see attached layout) on your control panel to make a selection, go to options, other settings, 1P DirectInput Controller Settings, Reassign buttons

8. assign button 4 to A, button 5 to B, button 1 to X, button 2 to Y, button 3 to RB, button 6 to RT, skip the next two mappings by pressing any direction on your joystick then assign start button to your player 1 start button and back button to your player 1 credit button. Skip all other mappings by using any direction on the joystick. Repeat these steps for the second player. 

Give this a shot, if it works for you guys I'll explain how to incorporate it into Hyperspin/RocketLauncher. Sorry if this is a bit scattered, I've been at this for a while and I'm burned out haha. 

By the way, after all this work, this will not work for me because I run everything while shelled and VJoy doesn't seem to run in this way. Anyone have any idea how I may be able to fix this or is this something the developer would have to fix?

Screen Shot 2017-05-06 at 2.18.55 AM.png

SFV Layout.jpg

57 minutes ago, Yardley said:

You need the deluxe edition version. 

You're sure of this? I'm not sure they'd let me refund the game a second time if it doesn't work. 

EDIT: Damn, the Delux version is $80+. I'll probably wait for now until it drops or at least until the season 2 characters are out. All to often I buy a game, spend hours getting it to run and theme'd up, then never play it more than once. Better if I wait. Ha!

1 hour ago, Yardley said:

You need the deluxe edition version. 

You absolutely do not need the deluxe edition.  I've had the normal edition working for half a year now on iPac with vjoy, Also metallic you most likely used the wrong version if only back in the day. You need to use the one from headsoft.. If people still don't believe that it works with the normal version, they can check out my youtube video posted months ago

49 minutes ago, Metalzoic said:

You're sure of this? I'm not sure they'd let me refund the game a second time if it doesn't work. 

EDIT: Damn, the Delux version is $80+. I'll probably wait for now until it drops or at least until the season 2 characters are out. All to often I buy a game, spend hours getting it to run and theme'd up, then never play it more than once. Better if I wait. Ha!

Well you can always get the "free" version in the mean time wink wink

5 minutes ago, Yardley said:

I am not spreading false information, you're using x360ce to make it work, the deluxe version works without the need for x360ce.

This.

I'd prefer that Capcom just fix the damn game so no one has to use Vjoy at all, but not also having to use x360ce is a big improvement.

At least that way I can run the Vjoy drivers on/off script to keep Vjoy from screwing with other bits of the cab.

Archived